First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Exactly. That would syphon off Maverick buyers who want fuel economy but don't really need a truck but want something with a bed that also don't want to wait on delivery.
Maybe they wouldn’t be able to fulfill all orders either of their demand was two times more? You’re making assumptions that they could fill orders, maybe not.
Sponsored

2022EOW

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've seen more SCs in the wild than Mavericks. The Santa Cruzes don't look entirely bad, but they're not a direct competitor- price point and "lifestyle" are different.

As soon as the Maverick is wildly available, I would guess they will sell as many as Ford can churn out. I found it VERY VERY interesting that Mav outsold the Ranger by "70%". That's pretty huge!

I would guess that a TON of Americans that already have trucks would even buy Mavericks as their "second" car or "commuter" car, seeing how cheap they are. But then would they eventually realize they don't need an F250/150 most of the time?

In the 1970s the tiny Toyota/ Mazda/ Datsun trucks were super popular- I could see a comeback of little trucks because the Maverick is even more capable as a full family vehicle!
The Mav Hybrid is my daily driver, my Bronco is for weekend adventures.

IwannaMav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 XL Ecoboost Fwd
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It's strange that I see several SC in my area but have yet to see a single Maverick.

MightyMaverick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick Lariat FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
In a way it is and isn't a surprise that the Maverick outsells the SC. It is a surprise because like many others, I see more SCs than I do Mavericks. Just today, I saw a Maverick on the road for the first time in a month. Whereas last week, I saw two SCs on the same day. However, it isn't a surprise because the Maverick is so much cheaper and traditional looking by comparison. Not everyone is a fan of the controversial design of the SC which is evident in its sales figures. Also the lack of an EV or Hybrid powertrain option. I will say the side and rear profile look okay but it's the front that kills it for me. I like how the Maverick looks like a traditional boxy truck with the added benefit of being a compact, unibody structure that drives incredibly well, won't rust away, and is easy to maneuver around town. I couldn't agree more with the lack of advertising for the Maverick because anytime when I say to someone I have a Maverick they either do not know it exists or they instantly think of the original Maverick from the 1970s. However, just like one of the other commenters said, it doesn't make financial sense to spend a lot of money on advertising something that they can't even produce enough of.

Nlaroche

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I was originally wanting a Maverick XLT (still do) but with the dealers markups, they were way out of my price range. I ended up going with the SC because of the price (MSRP plus the usual tint and the car care charges). I went with the SEL which has the NA engine. I want a big fan of the looks but it is growing on me. I average about 28+ mpg but I am ready on the gas peddle.

Sponsored

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ford did so many things right with the Mav. It's a very practical, very affordable vehicle. The SC is kinda nice but it's base price is too high. Ford let people trade time for money with special orders to avoid markups.

And where else are you getting an AWD crew cab pickup with 250 hp for $25k?

PaidEMS

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Saab 9-3
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've seen more SCs in the wild than Mavericks. The Santa Cruzes don't look entirely bad, but they're not a direct competitor- price point and "lifestyle" are different.

As soon as the Maverick is wildly available, I would guess they will sell as many as Ford can churn out. I found it VERY VERY interesting that Mav outsold the Ranger by "70%". That's pretty huge!

I would guess that a TON of Americans that already have trucks would even buy Mavericks as their "second" car or "commuter" car, seeing how cheap they are. But then would they eventually realize they don't need an F250/150 most of the time?

In the 1970s the tiny Toyota/ Mazda/ Datsun trucks were super popular- I could see a comeback of little trucks because the Maverick is even more capable as a full family vehicle!
That's me, well not the other pickup owner, but bought the Maverick as a commuter. Getting 48 MPG (calculated). Just the vehicle I did not know I needed.

PaidEMS

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Saab 9-3
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ford did so many things right with the Mav. It's a very practical, very affordable vehicle. The SC is kinda nice but it's base price is too high. Ford let people trade time for money with special orders to avoid markups.

And where else are you getting an AWD crew cab pickup with 250 hp for $25k?
I agree. For me it was the price point and the MPG. I did go for the hybrid, even with FWD in the Northeast. I am glad there is competition, and I am hoping for a mini-Taco. I also want Hyundai to wake up and make the Santa Cruz Hybrid on the base model, just put that Tucson powertrain in there.

Finnster

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy's
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I was originally wanting a Maverick XLT (still do) but with the dealers markups, they were way out of my price range. I ended up going with the SC because of the price (MSRP plus the usual tint and the car care charges). I went with the SEL which has the NA engine. I want a big fan of the looks but it is growing on me. I average about 28+ mpg but I am ready on the gas peddle.
To me, The SC looks better in person than it does in pictures! More substantial!

Sponsored

Micheal

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Micheal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Escape Hy, 2014 Escape, 2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
And actually starts putting some ads out there. I still feel like I belong to some secret club. Nobody knows what I am talking about when I tell them I finally got a build date 11 months after I ordered a hybrid pick up truck for only $20,000. Once Ford starts running ads during college and pro football games, Yellowstone, Chicago PD,etc., they won’t be able to keep up with demand. Oh wait…
Ford runs ads during the Seattle Mariners games on ROOT Sports tv, in fact my dealer is the only one with ads, 5 or 6 each game. Funny I know most of the people in the ads, but not one Maverick picture is shown.

NJ Pinelands

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Haven’t seen one single TV ad for the Maverick by Ford. Maybe some state associations or a local dealer are running them in certain local markets. Can’t imagine what the orders would be like if there were as many ads as there are for lawsuits, Budweiser, Coors, etc.​

NJ Pinelands

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Makes no sense to waste ad $s on an item that you can’t produce enough of.
Of course. Just saying wait until the general public finds out they can get a hybrid pick up truck for $20,000 ( $21,000 next year). Demand will be in another universe. Ford has a window for another 12-24 months where they are the only game in town .

JKinPA

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Mountaineer
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I agree. For me it was the price point and the MPG. I did go for the hybrid, even with FWD in the Northeast. I am glad there is competition, and I am hoping for a mini-Taco. I also want Hyundai to wake up and make the Santa Cruz Hybrid on the base model, just put that Tucson powertrain in there.
Yep, maybe they can base it on this awesome platform, and Subaru can make one too. It's full electric and everything...what a deal
Toyota offering to buy back these recalled electric cars - nj.com

2cafn8d

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Monica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1992 Jeep Wrangler, 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs