First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
A high production quality but not overly flattering review of the Maverick and Santa Cruz, that also mentions the MaverickTruckClub community BTW:

Thoughts?
Sponsored

cavemold

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2022 Eco 2.0
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
They don't mention the lariat trim at all. Comparing two different trims is fine as long you mention both premium trims if applicable. Cant say if Cruz is fun to drive but the leg room is concern. Way too gimmicky as far presentation. They don't really expound upon the difference in cost. They say the cruz is fun to drive but they are not very descriptive at all.

Scott Asheville

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 AWD XLT ECO LUX CP360 HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Kind of makes me wonder if Ford is watching all these "the Maverick feels cheap" videos and is thinking about a Lincoln trucklet. Add $1,000 in soft materials and soundproofing, and raise the price $5,000.

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
"Laughed off the planet if you considered the Maverick a pickup truck?!" What a lame ass statement! Yet he keeps referring to Maverick as a truck!
The moment he said the Santa Crud was better to look at, I knew he was off his meds! 🤣
He's a Santa Crud fan so he almost has an opinion about Maverick and it's 🤪!

Last edited:

tonyinsd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT, Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
"Laughed of the planet if considered the Maverick a pickup truck?!" What a lame ass statement! Yet he keeps referring to Maverick as a truck!
Is the 1990 Silverado I replaced a truck? Well, then, since the Maverick hauls as much and actually can tow MORE in the base configuration, how is it not a truck?

Sponsored

MrEd

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid Rav 4
This confirms what I already knew....only what I want/need is important. The "opinions" of reviewers are irrelevant.
Exactly! The guys at work laughed at my Maverick until I pulled up with a load of drywall. And they really freaked out when I told them about my mileage. I don't care what others think about my decision to get a Maverick. They spend in a week what I'll spend in a month on fuel. Who's laughing now?

Deejaid

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Area 51
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
They did hit it on the head saying the Maverick is a commuter truck. That’s exactly why I bought mine.

I’m a DIY guy always at Home Depot, but with three kids and a mother in law, I needed to have the minivan for the family, which then doubled as my lumber hauler on weekends. Unfortunately that meant removing the middle seats which was a pain.

A 2016 Honda Civic was my weekday commuting car getting 37 mpg. Tiny for my 6’2” 225lb frame and not useful for anything other than commuting to work.

Now, my Maverick has replaced both. To me, the Maverick is the perfect vehicle for a guy like me that commutes all week (getting 41 mpg in the Maverick) and then spends the weekend doing home projects. I don’t need a heavier duty truck like a professional tradesmen making their living with one. I need high mpg during the week and versatility on the weekends. The Maverick fits the bill.

Sponsored

WasChops

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz Ltd + Maverick Lariat Hybr
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
While I still have not driven the Maverick, obviously I haven't taken delivery yet, I do like my
SC Limited (price was too high) ... I like it a lot!! All of the comments in this video regarding the SC are spot on. I am so anxiously awaiting the day that I can drive my new Maverick First Ed Rapid Red with AWD and complete the comparison. In advance of such, I have already considered that - the Hybrid I have on order (in addition to the FE RR) I will more than likely keep as a daily driver. The SC will be the LONG HAUL Drive in comfort and better safety features!

I can't wait to read the response comments...

MightyMaverick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick Lariat FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I don't even have to watch the video to know what's best. The Maverick by a long shot. Why else would I have gotten it and joined this forum? Although, I did test drive a Santa Cruz when they first came out a couple of months before ordering the Maverick and I do have to say it was very nice to drive. It handled well, had tons of safety features (being the Limited trim in all) and had plenty of power. But the Maverick is all that as well for a fraction of the price! Plus, that hideous front fascia was the deal breaker other than the price. The side and the rear look okay but that Joker-face front end is atrocious. The Maverick is so much nicer on the eyes. Ford did such a great job with the overall design of this truck inside and out. And the fact you can get it fully loaded at $35,000 (if you have a good dealer that doesn't mark it up) is such a great value in my book! The SC would've cost at least $10,000 more before markups. With that factored in, you're looking at $15,000 or even $20,000 more just on a little truck! Absolute insanity!

Guardian

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Smartcar,Alfa Romeo Spyder,Pontiac GTO,Taurus SHO
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I don't even have to watch the video to know what's best. The Maverick by a long shot. Why else would I have gotten it and joined this forum? Although, I did test drive a Santa Cruz when they first came out a couple of months before ordering the Maverick and I do have to say it was very nice to drive. It handled well, had tons of safety features (being the Limited trim in all) and had plenty of power. But the Maverick is all that as well for a fraction of the price! Plus, that hideous front fascia was the deal breaker other than the price. The side and the rear look okay but that Joker-face front end is atrocious. The Maverick is so much nicer on the eyes. Ford did such a great job with the overall design of this truck inside and out. And the fact you can get it fully loaded at $35,000 (if you have a good dealer that doesn't mark it up) is such a great value in my book! The SC would've cost at least $10,000 more before markups. With that factored in, you're looking at $15,000 or even $20,000 more just on a little truck! Absolute insanity!
That front fascia was a breaking point for me as well!!!

tonyinsd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT, Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This confirms what I already knew....only what I want/need is important. The "opinions" of reviewers are irrelevant.
You're the one driving the truck in the end. If it works for what you need, you're good to go and who cares what some reviewer says?

Thus far, the only thing I'd like to have changed, and it's a minor thing, is to have Sirius XM available on the XL. Yeah, I'll be able to use it with Android auto but still.
Sponsored