Sponsored

notfast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier PRO-4X Lux FFV
Engine
Undecided
The Rivian is 3" wider than a F250. Kinda ridiculous.
If that's true then the Rivian needs to have clearance and identification lights. Any vehicle that is 80" or wider in body width (so excluding the side mirrors) are required to. That's why the Raptor, TRX, Sierra with Quadrasteer, and dually pickups all have additional marker lights.

That flatbed is the optional range extender.
I thought the range extender was those AAA EV Charge trucks.

Ford Maverick Maverick vs Rivian parked side-by-side [NA Truck of the Year Finalists] aaa-s-mobile-electric-vehicle-chargin

Why do electric vehicles all have such goofy front ends? Why can't they look like a normal car.
I agree. I am waiting for the Toyota Camry hybrid of EVs. Something that basically blends in and looks unassuming; the "gray man theory" if you will.

I think we're in the early days of the gen 2 Prius, but this time in the mass adoption of EVs instead of hybrids. Following the same trend, hopefully that means we'll eventually get EVs that look like every other car on the road.

When Ford finally drops their (Maverick) EV own us, it's going to be another winner from big blue.
If Ford's Maverick EV gets 400 miles of range for $30,000, I'll be first in line to order one.

GEE, And I can buy 3 hybrid mavericks and the rivian wins truck of the year from motor trend??? I wrote and told them they must be nuts and paid off!! I ordered the hybrid maverick xlt
Well the Rivian also has more standard equipment than a Maverick hybrid. It's like saying you could get three Ranger XL Super Cabs for less than the price of an F-450 Platinum.

Also, and this goes for any EV, you're basically buying a more expensive vehicle up front in exchange for lower ongoing operating costs. There are several variables, but driving an EV for 1000 miles a month will cost about $30 in electricity. If you're cross-shopping a car that gets 30mpg, it'll be about $120 in gas per month at the national average price.

I think the real value in EVs is coming very soon as the MSRPs and cruising range get within spitting distance of a similar gasoline-powered vehicle. Like the Chevrolet Silverado EV WT will supposedly start at $39,990 before destination and have 400 miles of range.

The least-expensive Chevrolet Silverado crew cab short bed 4x4 WT (2.7L 4-cylinder turbo) is $39,460 before destination and can go 480 miles if you can get every drop of gas out of the tank. It probably holds 3-4 gallons in reserve, so you're looking more like 400-420 miles before the low fuel light comes on.

That sways the favor toward the Silverado EV since it should have lower ongoing operating costs. You're now just out the time and inconvenience to charge. But that gap is closing as well, with the ability to add 100 miles of range in 10 minutes. Or, if the use case permits, the added convenience of being able to charge your truck/fleet overnight when the equipment is parked anyway and not have to go out of your way to refuel/recharge during the workday.

MightyMaverick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick Lariat FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Seems like the Rivian has air suspension because it's squatting awfully low. Also judging by the very thin gap between the wheel and inner fender well. I could be wrong but if so, than it's not that much bigger than the Maverick. I was thinking it was the same size as a full-size truck. I still have yet to see one in person so I'll just have to wait and see. I still like the Maverick better 😏

Mikk

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Electric motors in the hubs are nothing new, Porsche did it way back in 1900 (look up the Lohner-Porsche). The problem with them is that they add a huge amount of unsprung weight, which is bad for ride and handling, as well as giving the motors and tires a real beating.

Ford Maverick Maverick vs Rivian parked side-by-side [NA Truck of the Year Finalists] Lohner_Porsche

briandefilippo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

The Riv is not in same price range so why compare it? It looks fully electric too. Not interested!

Sponsored

mw_hc

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Subaru Crosstrek
I think the Rivian is so cool. Really good to see the side-by-side comparison.

66six

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius / 22 Ford Mavrick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What is the flat piece for that is on the bed rails at the tailgate?
Hello Allan I used to do a lot of film and video shoots and sometimes I would use my truck as a camera car I designed a platform that would go across the bed and I could put it in the front or the rear and mount cameras or crew could sit and hold lights it was really handy .Well I just kept it on the truck and used it all the time for a work bench to cover my stuff lots of things .
Well when I got my Maverick I used plywood as a bed-liner and made another ? ? ? Camera Platform ? If you look really close at the pic you can see my rig behind the rear window .

I really like it But Allan thanks for the question . Brought back some good memories .

Ford Maverick Maverick vs Rivian parked side-by-side [NA Truck of the Year Finalists] light sale317.JPG

66six

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius / 22 Ford Mavrick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
not sure why it’s a problem, I see tons of exposed plates on the streets every day.

but either way California temp plates aren’t the final plate number. As for the flatbed, it’s a business and I’m assuming their insuring/protecting their rig appropriately.
Yes your probably correct I wonder if you could get a special Ins. policy that would allow your plate to be photographed or on video . You sound like a guy that likes to over regulate everything .
Good Luck with that .

Ford Maverick Maverick vs Rivian parked side-by-side [NA Truck of the Year Finalists] IMG_2176.JPG

66six

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius / 22 Ford Mavrick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The newest criminal activity is taking a photo of a license plate, making a full size copy to cover the perps vehicle. Then if the vehicle is caught on camera the police get side tracked to knock on an innocent person door.
Again anyone can take a photo of any license plate. anytime.
Wow thats a great idea these crack head loosers come up with some creative ideas .

Sponsored

2cafn8d

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Monica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1992 Jeep Wrangler, 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Always reminds me of Neo in The Matrix when his mouth gets sealed. :rolleyes:

Great... Now I will never be able to unsee this, and I live near headquarters. 😂

bbeverag

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick 2.0 EB Lariat Lux
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Those headlights alone would be a dealbreaker for me.
I live in Normal, IL where they are built and they really are jarring when you see them with their lights on. It's a very unique look and not really in a good way.

2cafn8d

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Monica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1992 Jeep Wrangler, 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I live in Normal, IL where they are built and they really are jarring when you see them with their lights on. It's a very unique look and not really in a good way.
Did they repurpose Diamond Star plants or build new ones?