First Name
Ado
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid in Shadow Black
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Woah. That's serious ground clearance. Sounds like some serious repair bills too.
Oh yeah.......MY Lexus LS460L.....$600-$700 for each strut for OEM.
Sponsored

• Wow
Reactions: bgn

66six

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius / 22 Ford Mavrick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
EXACTLY ! It's a crazy world out there . Just waiting for a real plate I guess I will have to figure out a way to cover it every time I park the truck somewhere so no one will see it .

Ford Maverick Maverick vs Rivian parked side-by-side [NA Truck of the Year Finalists] IMG_8483

66six

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius / 22 Ford Mavrick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I passed one ona flat bed and have seen a couple in person in my area… I was surprised how small it appears. Here’s the flat bed pic and maybe it can give perspective

93A0F88C-7499-453F-AAAC-591000931745.jpeg
I can see the plates on the RIVAN and also The truck hauling it aren't you going to black them out ?

Ford Maverick Maverick vs Rivian parked side-by-side [NA Truck of the Year Finalists] IMG_8483

66six

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius / 22 Ford Mavrick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I like plates in pictures, especially when looking to buy used vehicle. Lets me pull up the vin to do a history check.
I agree but aren't you paranoid to see exposed plates ? Here is a car I had a while back 666 JST plates loved them . And never covered them up JST = Just

Ford Maverick Maverick vs Rivian parked side-by-side [NA Truck of the Year Finalists] IMG_1328.JPG

Sponsored

Scupking

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Forgot how ugly the Rivian is - that front end looks like a cartoon character.
First thing I always think of is a pig nose when I see the front of the Rivian. It would look good if they fixed that.

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Rivian looks way better to me than the Santa Cruz-

Braderick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mav XLT, RAV4 Hybrid, KIA EV6
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thanks for posting the photos...I have been tracking the Rivian R1T and the R1S for a while. I knew the dimensions were close, but these 'look' like close cousins.

When Ford finally drops their (Maverick) EV own us, it's going to be another winner from big blue.

Braderick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mav XLT, RAV4 Hybrid, KIA EV6
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
First thing I always think of is a pig nose when I see the front of the Rivian. It would look good if they fixed that.
I see a hippopotamus face. It's a very nice Hippo.

I believe I read previously the designers were going to orient the headlights horizontally, but someone just played around a little and rotated them...BAM! The higher ups jumped on that and wanted something distinctive and polarizing to establish their brand 'Look at me.'

Personally, I think a rounded square shape would look better than the OTC Tylenol capsule look.

Someone already played around with positioning and size...

Ford Maverick Maverick vs Rivian parked side-by-side [NA Truck of the Year Finalists] 1641825793996

Sponsored

JVolpe

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
beater truck
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
IS it just me, or does that Rivian look like it's sitting kind of LOW? There is little room between tire and top of fender well......interesting.
Yes the Rivian has fully variable adjustable height air suspension. That R1T in the pic is sitting in the lowest height setting.

Arukoru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
Size wise I think we're all a bit too used to giant f150s to be honest. The Rivian looks to me like a midsize truck should. Definitely more on the lifestyle side which is why I think the length/bed is deceiving for this size.

Really handsome car in the real world I like it a lot.

Charles

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Edge
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
IMO.....Rivian is a good lookin' truck.

ccmjr77

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT Hybrid, 22 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just the headlights I am not sure about, other than that it looks pretty good. I am just not sold on the full EV thing yet or the cost...
I am patiently waiting for my A51 Hybrid ordered in July. We plan to buy another Hybrid car for the wife after the Maverick gets here. Hopefully scheduled this Thursday...
Sponsored