Sponsored

Maverick Vs Ranger Gen 6 - Will there be a hybrid option ????

Redneck Garage

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.theredneckgarage.com
Vehicle(s)
10 Wrangler 22 Lexus 22 Maverick 23 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

This May according to Ranger6G Forum Ford will be taking orders for the new Ranger 6G. It basically looks like a big Maverick. There is no news whether there will be a PHEV or a standard hybrid but for all you hybrid owners will you consider jumping over to the Ranger ship if plug in or regular hybrid is available ??

Ford Maverick Maverick Vs Ranger Gen 6 - Will there be a hybrid option ???? 2023-03-19 11.19.17

Here's my Mavie next to a gen5 Ranger which I assume will be about the same size as the gen6. Now I do love my Maverick but heres what would move me to spending more $$$ - At 6'4" it would be nice to have a bit higher vehicle to ease getting in and out. While there is plenty of room inside, a higher platform would be nice.

Sync 4 Electronics with a 12 " screen - very very cool.

Ford Maverick Maverick Vs Ranger Gen 6 - Will there be a hybrid option ???? screen

Ford Maverick Maverick Vs Ranger Gen 6 - Will there be a hybrid option ???? 2023-03-19 11.18.47

Interesting upgrade for sure - I would only consider it if they had a hybrid however AND I still have no complaints about my Maverick.

Ford Maverick Maverick Vs Ranger Gen 6 - Will there be a hybrid option ???? ranger
Sponsored

skyhawk

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Airplanes motorcycles cars SUVs
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm not interested in trading one experiment for another more expensive experiment. So hard pass for me, at least for a few years after product launch.

OP
OP
Redneck Garage

Redneck Garage

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.theredneckgarage.com
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I'm not interested in trading one experiment for another more expensive experiment. So hard pass for me, at least for a few years after product launch.
Well as far as this version of the Ranger it has been in production since 2022 in foreign markets. This truck will be built in the US and could it be any worse than the Maverick launch on the hybrid drivetrain ? Remains to be seen LOL

FriscoTXJoe

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I had a Ranger rental for a few days. Cab wasn't much bigger IMHO, bed wasn't overwhelmingly bigger either. Gas mileage sucked and it bounced like an empty F150.

Hybrid Maverick owners aren't the typical truck buyer profile I guess.

Hard no for me.

OP
OP
Redneck Garage

Redneck Garage

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.theredneckgarage.com
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I had a Ranger rental for a few days. Cab wasn't much bigger IMHO, bed wasn't overwhelmingly bigger either. Gas mileage sucked and it bounced like an empty F150.

Hybrid Maverick owners aren't the typical truck buyer profile I guess.

Hard no for me.
Hard no if there was a plug in as well ? What about all EV - then lastly what if it had rockets to jump over traffic jams hahahahahaha

Sponsored

FriscoTXJoe

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Hard no if there was a plug in as well ? What about all EV - then lastly what if it had rockets to jump over traffic jams hahahahahaha
Plug in maybe if pricing was fair.

All EV? We seen what happens in bad weather and I drive more than 250 miles in a day some times. Ain't waiting for a charge.

How bout those cool things that jammed out from the bottom of the Mach 5 and catapulted Speed Racer over many dangerous entities?

Then, I gotta rethink it.

(Owe you video of my light bar you suggested but the Mav is getting new airbags.)

skadizzle

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat BAP
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I picked up my Maverick finally on Saturday and the first thing I noticed was that the rear legroom isn't all that great. All I kept hearing was that there is a ton of legroom. I'm 6'2 and when I put the seat back at a comfortable position, I don't see how anyone other than a couple kids could sit comfortably. It looks like there is only 7-8inches at most of place between the back of the front and the rear seat.

BuddyS

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC60 R Design & 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Zero interest in changing trucks. I'm really happy with my Maverick; I don't need more size or capacity, and I have NO desire to spend more money on another vehicle transaction. It's a waste to move from one vehicle to another every year or so as trends and whims change. The key is to get the vehicle that's right for you into the foreseeable future and drive it for 8-10 years.

JennyJoannSuebeeMcNash

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford F150 XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Zero interest in changing trucks. I'm really happy with my Maverick; I don't need more size or capacity, and I have NO desire to spend more money on another vehicle transaction. It's a waste to move from one vehicle to another every year or so as trends and whims change. The key is to get the vehicle that's right for you into the foreseeable future and drive it for 8-10 years.
Exactly. If I need a bigger truck, I can use my hubby's F150.

OleFordGuy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Lariat, Expedition Limited, 22 Mav Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Well as far as this version of the Ranger it has been in production since 2022 in foreign markets. This truck will be built in the US and could it be any worse than the Maverick launch on the hybrid drivetrain ? Remains to be seen LOL
Ford seems to be able to F anything up

Sponsored

deej

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick 2.0 Lariat, AWD, 4K, Lux, BAP, HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

The new Ranger is way too big, so that would be a no from me. I *might* consider changing my Ecoboost Mav for a plug-in hybrid AWD Mav if they make one (and after a few years of production). Not interested in electric-only for the foreseeable future.

Automate

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Hybrid, Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

BuddyS

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC60 R Design & 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

The new Ranger is way too big, so that would be a no from me. I *might* consider changing my Ecoboost Mav for a plug-in hybrid AWD Mav if they make one (and after a few years of production). Not interested in electric-only for the foreseeable future.
I think the hybrid Maverick is the perfect gap vehicle until EV vehicles are truly ready for prime time. I like the idea of a full electric, but in 5-7 years when the infrastructure is in place and battery tech is in its second or third generation.
Sponsored