Threads
Reaction score
Website
sunsetridgecabinhockinghills.com
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Does anyone else here care about the sc?
Subjective of course, and perhaps shallow, but I dismissed the SC immediately simply on styling alone. It's just awful, IMO.

I like trucks that look like trucks, even if they are small. šŸ¤ 
Sponsored

pxpaulx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Subjective of course, and perhaps shallow, but I dismissed the SC immediately simply on styling alone. It's just awful, IMO.

I like trucks that look like trucks, even if they are small. šŸ¤ 
I don't even mind the SC - I thought it was interesting when it came out, but it was never interesting enough to consider selling my Ranger for it. My point is that there just isn't that much interest in it, I don't see anyone coming in here to talk about cross-shopping these with the exception of maybe 2 people that keep the SC related threads alive...I also recognize the irony of me continuing to post in these threads as well :rolleyes:šŸ™ƒ

sseiler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RAV 4 XSE
That sentence says it all.

I suspect that only a few select a fully loaded Lariat Maverick as their choice.
I did, but I still donā€™t find the SC as an option. I donā€™t really care if Iā€™m paying a few more k more. Iā€™m getting a first edition Lariat hybrid, which is miles apart from the SCā€¦. And, as I said previous, the Mav looks cool whereas the SC looks like šŸ”„šŸ’©. I mean, that front grillā€¦ come on, seriously? Development team should be fired for that one. To each their own thoughā€¦ I support peopleā€™s decisions to buy cars that look like šŸ’© if thatā€™s what they want. šŸ˜‚šŸ¤£šŸ˜‚

fbov

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Escape Hybrid
Yeah it seems like a hybrid equivalent just doesn't really exist with Hyundai
It does in SUV garb. Another torque converter replacement design.
https://www.caranddriver.com/hyundai/santa-fe

A YouTube video compares the respective SUVs, Santa Fe and Escape hybrids. They preferred the Santa Fe, but admitted its mileage was ~10 mpg behind the Escape.

I punched up the numbers earlier already for those curious:
... only the Maverick hybrid is the extreme outlier.
After reading a truck forum for a while, I'm convinced few will achieve EPA mileage on 87E10. I suggest adding the cost of ethanol-free fuel on the hybrid side for a more realistic forecast. My last fill of 90E0 was $4.159/gal., for reference. I can't find a national average for E0.

Sponsored

WesM

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
After reading a truck forum for a while, I'm convinced few will achieve EPA mileage on 87E10. I suggest adding the cost of ethanol-free fuel on the hybrid side for a more realistic forecast. My last fill of 90E0 was $4.159/gal., for reference. I can't find a national average for E0.
Not sure where you come up with that. Escape hybrids are easily achieving EPA ratings and better with a little moderation. Maverick Hybrid powertrains are using the HF45+ eCVT, which are likely better optimized than the Escapes HF45.

JASmith

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It does in SUV garb. Another torque converter replacement design.
Yup, although its actually the Tucson that the Santa Cruz is based on, not the more similar sounding Santa Fe.

1.6T Hybrid Tucson is a much better driving vehicle than the Tucson with the 2.5 that's in the Santa Cruz. 226hp in hybrid trim vs 191hp for the non-hybrid Tucson, and its rated 38mpg city and 38mpg highway. Speaking of Santa Fe though, its a shame the Tucson and Santa Cruz don't have the Santa Fe interior, it has physical controls with little to no gloss black:
Ford Maverick Maverick vs Frontier vs Santa Cruz comparison review: A tale of 3 trucks 2022-hyundai-santa-fe-central-console-carbuzz-762067

clavicus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yup, although its actually the Tucson that the Santa Cruz is based on, not the more similar sounding Santa Fe.

1.6T Hybrid Tucson is a much better driving vehicle than the Tucson with the 2.5 that's in the Santa Cruz. 226hp in hybrid trim vs 191hp for the non-hybrid Tucson, and its rated 38mpg city and 38mpg highway. Speaking of Santa Fe though, its a shame the Tucson and Santa Cruz don't have the Santa Fe interior, it has physical controls with little to no gloss black:
2022-hyundai-santa-fe-central-console-carbuzz-762067.jpg
I dig the command center feel of this.

JASmith

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
BTW, can't wait to see a drag race between the Santa Cruz turbo and the Maverick Turbo and/or the Santa Cruz 2.5 vs the Maverick 2.5.

I think the Maverick hybrid would beat the Santa Cruz 2.5 for sure, but the SC Turbo might beat the Maverick Turbo depending on trim.

Fastest trim for the SC in the US would be the SEL Premium which for Maverick would probably be a Lariat AWD 4K tow package model w/ sunroof.

dalola

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
BTW, can't wait to see a drag race between the Santa Cruz turbo and the Maverick Turbo and/or the Santa Cruz 2.5 vs the Maverick 2.5.

I think the Maverick hybrid would beat the Santa Cruz 2.5 for sure, but the SC Turbo might beat the Maverick Turbo depending on trim.

Fastest trim for the SC in the US would be the SEL Premium which for Maverick would probably be a Lariat AWD 4K tow package model w/ sunroof.
I think several publications have indicated the SC 2.5T is about a half second quicker to 60 than the Mav 2.0EB. A good aftermarket Mav tune, when available, should fix that! šŸ‘¹

Sponsored

CASD57

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz
Engine
Undecided
I think both Vehicles have their place and fan clubs.. I like both but I just got tired of the Hybrid-wait..
And I felt the interior was nicer in the Santa Cruz than the XL/XLT.
I'm getting 24.5mpg(Fuelly) city with the SE FWD... 29.6mpg Freeway.
But I wish everyone luck with their chosen Trucks!.. They both are breaking new/old ground that has been missed for years....

JASmith

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think several publications have indicated the SC 2.5T is about a half second quicker to 60 than the Mav 2.0EB. A good aftermarket Mav tune, when available, should fix that! šŸ‘¹
Maybe under normal acceleration, but the SC is a DCT, you can't really brake boost them, whereas a Mav 8-speed torque converter you could. I think the Mav will beat it off the line, and maybe hold it if its a super lightweight XL trim one that doesn't have spray in liner or tonneau and so forth, and the 4K tow package lower gearing may help too.

dalola

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Maybe under normal acceleration, but the SC is a DCT, you can't really brake boost them, whereas a Mav 8-speed torque converter you could. I think the Mav will beat it off the line, and maybe hold it if its a super lightweight XL trim one that doesn't have spray in liner or tonneau and so forth, and the 4K tow package lower gearing may help too.
Yeah, a stripper Mav 2.0 4K would prolly equal a lux'd SC 2.5T, but trim for trim, the SC 2.5T is quicker, which is the fair comparison.

Still, I don't think anyone is buying either of these for drag race bragging rights.... šŸ¤ 

Barracuda340

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
94 Silverado , 07 mustang, 69 barracuda
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
$42K for something that looks like an effing space alien designed it. Can buy 2 base model mavs for about that, or a full tilt lariat and have $10K leftover šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£. Sorry Hyundai, with that bizarre looking thing, you lose in the styling department.
Sponsored