First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Maverick: a $22,000 starting price for a pickup will appeal to a lot of buyers—new and old.

Santa Cruz: bottom-line sticker price to an even $41,500.

Nissan Frontier: bottom-line sticker price totaled $42,205

JASmith

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Not a fan of the "review" as they didn't go into any real depth on what really separates them aside from styling which is subjective, and while the SC and Mav are competitors, the Nissan should be in the ranks with Rangers, Tacomas, and Colorados and the like as a traditional ladder frame and w/ a 6,720lb tow rating isn't really comparable with a Maverick hybrid as you make sacrifices to do that.

Speaking of chassis, they spent a lot of time talking about how the Ridgeline is the only other crossover based pickup to succeed, so the Santa Cruz is in a "failed category" but just as the SC is a stretched version of the shared Tucson platform so too is the Maverick a stretched version of the Escape platform, although neither share any sheetmetal with their crossover counterparts. They couldn't be more similar in that respect so why spend so much time talking about ways in which they are basically identical?

The best reviews are also ones that get very specific about trims, as Maverick XL FWD Hybrid is a completely different beast from a First Edition 4K package w/ sunroof and all the trimmings. The former for example has a massive advantage on price and efficiency over a SC SE, but the latter for someone looking for all the bells and whistles and not very price sensitive might lean towards the SC Limited for being more loaded with ventilated leather seats, more advanced larger infotainment, 360o camera, fully digital hoodless cluster, higher tow rating and power, etc.

Sponsored

First Name
Kendrick Cunningham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Canyon, Ford Explorer.
Engine
Undecided
Maverick: a $22,000 starting price for a pickup will appeal to a lot of buyers—new and old.

Ford Maverick Maverick vs Frontier vs Santa Cruz comparison review: A tale of 3 trucks A38AB260-EA85-4110-A105-A48CD3D3811D

Maybe It's Maverick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I was at my gmc dealer getting my Canyon serviced and saw this . My gmc dealer is also a Buick and Hyundai dealership. A $5000 market adjustment upcharge. Unbelievable!
Is that documentation fee also a scam or is that a legit charge?

Sponsored

Snax

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
While it always feels good to have some third-person validation that I bought the highest-rated vehicle, the review was pretty superficial and limited. Comparing the Frontier to the Maverick isn't really fair to either vehicle. And, while I don't like the Santa Cruz, I'm not sure that they gave it a fair shake.

es7129

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

An apples to apples comparison on pricing for the SC and the Maverick would be comparing an AWD Ecoboost FE to their test vehicle pricing.
The base SC is only around $23k

Traegorn

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trae
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.nerdandtie.com
Vehicle(s)
2011 Nissan Versa, 2023 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Like I considered the Santa Cruz for a minute when it was first announced, but once pricing came out it was a no-brainer to go for the Maverick.

Down

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick/02 Z06 Vette
Is that documentation fee also a scam or is that a legit charge?
It's what I consider a "standardized and well accepted scam". It's a pretty BS, revenue generating charge that varies WILDLY but more often than not, you ARE gonna pay something for it.
Some states cap the charge at less than $100, while in Florida, you'll find it pushing $1k, really wild variance.

Using Ford's X Plan caps the doc fee at $100, so my own internal "value compass" makes me think up to around $200 is typically reasonable.