Sponsored

WILL YOU GATHER WITH THE MAVERICK TRUCK CLUB at 2023 CARLISLE FORD NATIONALS?

• YES, DEFINITELY. STILL PLAN TO REGISTER ONLINE

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

KdeB

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT, 2018 Subaru Forester, 1966 MGB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Members of the Maverick Truck Club (all of you on this forum) have been invited to gather June 2-4, 2023, at the 2023 Carlisle Ford Nationals show in southcentral Pennsylvania, which is billed as the largest all-Ford show in the world.

The event manager for this major three-day show just told me that he will set up a FREE 20x20 tent for us on the Maverick class field IF we can get 25 trucks registered by April 18, which is also the deadline for discounted registration.

Showfield registration is $63 if you register by April 18; $70 afterward, and at the gate. That gets you admission for two people for all three days, plus a place for your truck in the reserved Maverick class on the showfield.

Online registration is NOW OPEN — Just make sure you select "Maverick Truck Club" from the drop-down menu when you register, so you are counted toward our total.

As a side note, both Ken Appell, manager of the Ford Nationals, and Bill Miller, owner of Carlisle Events which runs this show, are Maverick owners. (Ken has a 2022 XLT AWD with the Ecoboost engine in Alto Blue ... and has already registered to show his truck with our group.)

Ken tells me they tried to get a Maverick group together for last year's Ford show, but obviously not enough of us out there yet in 2022.

So ... Let's see if we can make this happen!

If you are at all interested in attending, get your registration AND your hotel reservations in SOON, as this is a popular event. Camping is also available in a lot just down the street from the fairgrounds where the show is held — so tow your camper if you have one, but get your space saved there as well (through the event registration).

*** You are welcome to gather with the club, of course, if you are still waiting for your truck. You can register with another Ford ... or buy spectator tickets ***

* PLEASE FILL OUT THE SURVEY ABOVE
so we can track interest
in what could be the first MAJOR gathering of Mavericks. *

Ford Maverick Maverick Truck Club at CARLISLE FORD NATIONALS • June 2-4, 2023 • Sign Up Online! CarlisleClubLogo
Ford Maverick Maverick Truck Club at CARLISLE FORD NATIONALS • June 2-4, 2023 • Sign Up Online! CarlisleEvents
Sponsored

boatman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger, Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Members of the Maverick Truck Club (all of you on this forum) have been invited to gather June 2-24, 2023, at the 2023 Carlisle Ford Nationals show in southcentral Pennsylvania, which is billed as the largest all-Ford show in the world.

The event manager for this major three-day show just told me that he will set up a FREE 10x10 tent for us on the Maverick class field IF we can get 25 trucks registered by April 18, which is also the deadline for discounted registration.

Showfield registration is $63 if you register by April 18; $70 afterward, and at the gate. That gets you admission for two for all three days, plus a place for your truck on the showfield.

Online registration is NOW OPEN — Just make sure you select "Maverick Truck Club" from the drop-down menu when you register, so you are counted toward our total.

As a side note, both Ken Appell, manager of the Ford Nationals, and Bill Miller, owner of Carlisle Events which runs this show, are Maverick owners. (Ken has a 2022 XLT AWD with the Ecoboost engine in Alto Blue ... and has already registered to show his truck with our group.)

Ken tells me they tried to get a Maverick group together for last year's Ford show, but obviously not enough of us out there yet in 2022.

So ... Let's see if we can make this happen!

If you are at all interested in attending, get your registration AND your hotel reservations in SOON, as this is a popular event. Camping is also available in a lot just down the street from the fairgrounds where the show is held — so tow your camper if you have one, but get your space saved there as well (through the event registration).

*** You are welcome to gather with the club, of course, if you are still waiting for your truck. You can register with another Ford ... or buy spectator tickets ***

* PLEASE FILL OUT THE SURVEY ABOVE
so we can track interest
in what could be the first MAJOR gathering of Mavericks. *

CarlisleClubLogo.png
CarlisleEvents.png
Would I need to attend all 3 days? If I need to leave or go anywhere in my truck during the show, is that a problem? This would be my 1st time being in a show, ever.

OP
OP
KdeB

KdeB

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Would I need to attend all 3 days? If I need to leave or go anywhere in my truck during the show, is that a problem? This would be my 1st time being in a show, ever.
You can come and go as you please, any of the three days. They don't lock you in! (Although they do encourage you to stay put. …)

Unfortunately, though, there is no one- or two-day showfield registration It's one price, whether you go one day or three.

This will be my first time at the Ford show ... but I have been going to the Carlisle Import show in May for years. (Our British car club usually has a tent there.)

But the fairgrounds is very large and I understand the Ford show is just huge. It will be packed with not only cars and trucks, but lots of vendors, flea markets, events, food (or course) and activities.

I see there is also a Ford parade taking place in downtown Carlisle on Saturday night -- There's an extra $25 charge to take part in that, but they are limiting it to the first 400 vehicles ...

So that gives you some idea of the size of this event.

Last edited:

boatman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger, Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You can come and go as you please, any of the three days. They don't lock you in!

Unfortunately, though, there is no one- or two-day showfield registration It's one price, whether you go one day or three.

This will be my first time at the Ford show ... but I have been going to the Carlisle Import show in May for years. (Our British car club usually has a tent there.)

But the fairgrounds is very large and I understand the Ford show is just huge. It will be packed with not only cars and trucks, but lots of vendors, flea markets, events, food (or course) and activities.

I see there is also a Ford parade taking place in downtown Carlisle on Saturday night -- There's an extra $25 charge to take part in that, but they are limiting it to the first 400 vehicles ...

So that gives you some idea of the size of this event.
Thanks for the response. I'm a life time, diehard Ford fan! I'm looking forward to and being apart of a event like this!

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT, EB, LUX, FX4, 4K, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I am in! This sounds amazing. I hope to be able to park next to 50 or more fellow Maverick owners and enjoy talking about our trucks and showing our various mods.

I doubt I'll attend all three days, but I think I can be there for all of Saturday and either part of Friday or part of Sunday.

Thanks for making the connection and sharing this! I'm excited!

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
KdeB

KdeB

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Thanks for the response. I'm a life time, diehard Ford fan! I'm looking forward to and being apart of a event like this!
Oh, well, if you are a true Ford fan, than you will thoroughly enjoy this All Things Ford, New and Historic, Event.

OP
OP
KdeB

KdeB

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

First of all, you gotta correct your original post. You typed June 2-24 as the event dates.

Second, I am in! This sounds amazing. I hope to be able to park next to 50 or more fellow Maverick owners and enjoy talking about our trucks and showing our various mods.

I doubt I'll attend all three days, but I think I can be there for all of Saturday and either part of Friday or part of Sunday.

Thanks for making the connection and sharing this! I'm excited!
Thanks, I just caught that typo and fixed it before seeing your post. (Everyone needs an editor ... And I are one for a living ...)

And yes, I think we can make quite a splash if we turn out in numbers. If we get just the minimum 25 to get the tent, that would be great ... But I bet we can get more.

The thing with having the tent is that it gives us a place to sit and relax, answer questions ... a headquarters for the weekend.

My husband and I MIGHT even be persuaded to bring our grill and do cookouts for the group. It's what we do with the British car gang we usually hang with. Everyone can bring goodies. But we'll see what the turnout is going to be like.

OP
OP
KdeB

KdeB

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Always wanted to attend Fords at Carlisle so this might be the ticket.

Do it! We've got one guy planning to drive down from Canada and camp in his trailer down the street. This potentially could be a real blast of a weekend....

Every car/truck enthusiast should attend at least ONE of these kinds of events in their lifetime.

And hey... we can even go see the Original Maverick gang...

Bry@n

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Maverick XL, F150, Bronco
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Im in. Maybe I’ll see if the wife wants to come. I’m down for at the very least Saturday. Maybe stay over and roll out early Sunday. Gotta see my schedule.
Thanks for getting this started.

Sponsored

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT, EB, LUX, FX4, 4K, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Thanks, I just caught that typo and fixed it before seeing your post. (Everyone needs an editor ... And I are one for a living ...)

And yes, I think we can make quite a splash if we turn out in numbers. If we get just the minimum 25 to get the tent, that would be great ... But I bet we can get more.

The thing with having the tent is that it gives us a place to sit and relax, answer questions ... a headquarters for the weekend.

My husband and I MIGHT even be persuaded to bring our grill and do cookouts for the group. It's what we do with the British car gang we usually hang with. Everyone can bring goodies. But we'll see what the turnout is going to be like.
You're an editor? That's funny. So am I!

OP
OP
KdeB

KdeB

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Im in. Maybe I’ll see if the wife wants to come. I’m down for at the very least Saturday. Maybe stay over and roll out early Sunday. Gotta see my schedule.
Thanks for getting this started.
Yeah, I was a little hesitant to commit, since we already have a busy schedule doing our British car thing, and will be going to the Carlisle Import in May.

But what the heck … Might as well throw in full bore with the Fordies.

Last edited:

Bry@n

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Maverick XL, F150, Bronco
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

It will be great. You’ll see plenty of mustang of all gen’s. Grand Marque/ Maurader, old school lightnings.

Grandpa

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hi Kim. I have tried numerous times to register for the Carlisle event, but it always does not allow me to get in. Is it possible to get a phone number to the event office so that I may correspond with them. Would be grateful for any and all help. Grandpa

OP
OP
KdeB

KdeB

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Hi Kim. I have tried numerous times to register for the Carlisle event, but it always does not allow me to get in. Is it possible to get a phone number to the event office so that I may correspond with them. Would be grateful for any and all help. Grandpa
It’s a little bit of a quirky system. Not always immediately obvious where you’re supposed to be.

Here’s their office number — open Mon-Fri 8am to 5pm —

717-243-7855
Sponsored