First Name
Lonnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150, but interested in For Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Does anybody have any bed extender, or bed rack pictures or ideas of how to maximize the cargo space in the bed of the Ford Maverick? I am planning on ordering one in August, but I currently have an F-150 and my bed is loaded to the brim when I go camping, so my concern is with the small size of the maverick bed. What are some ways to gain more cargo space? I'm not interested in a bed cap, but if I could find a way to stack things above the bed rails or extend the bed safety, that would be nice.
Sponsored

Scupking

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Plenty of people have posted pictures with a bed extender on. You can go with the Ford version, the one from the old Ford sport track or the Amazon version. Seems the one you can get on Amazon has a more squared off design that will allow maximum efficiency. With the tail gate down you get 6.5 feet a usability!

OP
OP

Lonnied94

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lonnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150, but interested in For Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I see you also have a tonneau cover, can you use the tonneau cover with the tailgate down and bed extender out? For example, if you want to keep the stuff on the bed dry, but still add extra cargo space with the tailgate and bed extender

06Warrior

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Person
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' HD Road Glide, 22’ Sporster S
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I see you also have a tonneau cover, can you use the tonneau cover with the tailgate down and bed extender out? For example, if you want to keep the stuff on the bed dry, but still add extra cargo space with the tailgate and bed extender
Yes you can

Sponsored

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I wont have mine till later this year but I have a plan to work on this issue. For one I am looking to get an ARE cap with side doors and racks. That will help. But I also have a plan for a attachment for the tailgate. When stowed it will be nothing more than a 1" raised sheet of diamond plate aluminum with the edges boxed in by 3/4" boxed aluminum. It will be attached to the inside face of the tailgate. Then when the gate is down it will fold up 90 degrees (with the ability to fold 180 degrees)and reveal two side panels hinged off of it on each side these will be long enough to span the distance to attach to the inside of the bed sides. This will make a secure boxed approx 6ft bed. With the ability of the main panel to fold 180 degrees I will make the side panels hinges able to be unlocked from the main panel. This will allow the main panel to drop down as a second tailgate. Quick attach load cables will reach the bedsides to give the second tailgate reasonable support.

It will take a while to develop but should be fairly straightforward with the hardeest parts being detachable hinges and latches. I hope to keep the whole thing able to be easily removed from the tailgate within a few minutes with just a ratchet or impact.

Here is my inspiration, the stove I learned to cook on as a child in the wilderness of America.
Ford Maverick Maverick truck beds fully loaded? Bed extenders? Maximizing cargo space JEubxQQHaFj?w=283&h=212&c=7&r=0&o=5&dpr=1.65&pid=1

19mustang65

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pinti
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yes you can. The extended doesent effect the cover but you cant go over 40mph with the gate down and cover closed. It gets a wierd wind effect and bubbles up and flaps like crazy.
Sponsored