Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Oh I didn't read the release as "better skid plates" just as "skid plates are in the package" but I suppose neither would surprise me
The current FX4 lists them as "skid plates" the Tremor calls them "steel skid plates". Im just assuming they are better or more of em.
Sponsored

Timothyd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore, Miata, motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

NEW MAVERICK TREMOR OFF-ROAD PACKAGE REVEALED AS FORD RE-OPENS RETAIL ORDER BANKS FOR ITS HOTTEST VEHICLES

2023 Maverick Tremor Package.jpg

AUG 1, 2022 | DEARBORN, MICH.

• New Maverick Tremor™ Off-Road Package becomes available as retail order banks re-open for Ford’s highest-demand vehicles, including Bronco Sport, Explorer, Edge, Ranger, F-150, Super Duty and Transit.
  • The new Tremor package is available on XLT and Lariat series trucks and includes a 1-inch lift for greater ground clearance, exclusive Trail Control™, unique off-road-tailored front and rear suspension, advanced all-wheel drive with four-wheel-drive lock and 2.0-liter EcoBoost® engine
  • Distinctive Tremor design cues include blacked-out Ford logos, headlamps and taillamps, signature Tremor Orange tow hooks, updated fender vent and new grille; available Tremor Appearance Package offers an even bolder look
DEARBORN, Mich., Aug. 1, 2022 – Following the success of the 2022 Maverick, Ford is expanding its compact truck lineup with the new 2023 Maverick Tremor™ Off-Road Package, one of Ford’s hottest products becoming available as the company again begins taking new customer orders for its lineup of high-demand vehicles.

Ford announced its retail order banks will be re-opening for Bronco Sport, Edge, Explorer and Ranger, on Aug. 2, and Maverick and Maverick Tremor will be available for retail order in September. Retail orders for Ford’s hot-selling F-150 and Transit opened a few weeks ago. While customers have been able to buy most of these products off dealer lots, the order banks reopening provides the opportunity for enthusiasts to build their vehicles with the specific content – wheels, colors, features and technology – they desire.

Built to tackle tough terrain

The new Maverick Tremor is an entry-level option for buyers seeking greater off-road capability and bold styling in the same compact package that comfortably fits their daily life in the city while also supporting their outdoor passions.

“Ranger, F-150 and Super Duty customers have embraced the unique off-road capability, technology and appearance updates found across our Tremor family of trucks,” said Todd Eckert, Ford truck product marketing and brand manager. “Maverick Tremor delivers on this same promise with new functions and features designed for off-roading – all while keeping the truck’s signature size, affordability, and Built Ford Tough durability and capability.”

Maverick Tremor is available for XLT and Lariat series trucks. It is outfitted with functional and capable features while keeping in line with the signature eye-catching style of the Tremor family of Ford trucks.

Equipped with a 2.0-liter EcoBoost® engine, the compact pickup builds on the FX4 Off-Road Package with an all-wheel-drive system new to Maverick. This advanced system includes a twin-clutch rear-drive unit with a differential lock feature to allow greater off-road capability. It can divert virtually all rear axle torque to either wheel. Five selectable drive modes make it easy for customers to quickly tailor the on-road and off-road capability of Maverick Tremor to pavement, mud, sand or snow, as well as for towing conditions.

Maverick Tremor also comes with exclusive Trail Control™, which operates like cruise control for off-road driving. Customers simply select a set speed, then the truck manages throttle and braking to allow them to focus on steering through challenging conditions like mud or dirt.

Unique front and rear springs and shocks aid in improved off-road capability. These new shocks, together with a 1-inch increase in ride height, also contribute to a more assertive stance for the new Maverick Tremor. Off-road capability is further bolstered by a heavy-duty transmission cooler and upgraded half-shafts.

Maverick Tremor does not sacrifice its Built Ford Tough credential for great capability. The compact truck offers a maximum tow rating of 2,000 pounds and payload rating of 1,200 pounds so customers can hook up a trailer of dirt bikes or load up the bed with camping gear and fishing rods.

Designed to stand out

The rugged Tremor theme can be found throughout. Maverick Tremor comes with a unique grille finish, plus blacked-out Ford logos, headlamps and taillamps. The two front tow hooks get signature Tremor Orange accents. For an even bolder look, customers can select the available Tremor Appearance Package, which includes a Carbonized Gray-painted roof and mirror caps, as well as black side graphics on the hood and lower body.

Unique 17-inch aluminum wheels feature a new Tremor Orange and dark gray anodized finish, while standard all-terrain tires make for improved traction on loose surfaces like sand, gravel and dirt. A new lower front fascia with a more aggressive approach angle and steel skid plates results in improved capability.

The bold design carries into the cabin, with Black Onyx seats featuring stitched Tremor logos and signature Tremor Orange accents. The center console, register vents and door pulls are updated to include the new color scheme as well.

The 2023 Ford Maverick Tremor Off-Road Package costs $2,995 MSRP and Tremor Appearance Package costs $1,495. Both packages are available for ordering in September.

Production for the Ford Maverick begins this fall.

VIDEO

PHOTOS

2023 Maverick Tremor_04.jpg

2023 Maverick Tremor_01.jpg

2023 Maverick Tremor_02.jpg

2023 Maverick Tremor_03.jpg

2023 Maverick Tremor_05.jpg

2023 Maverick Tremor_06.jpg

2023 Maverick Tremor_07.jpg

2023 Maverick Tremor_08.jpg

2023 Maverick Tremor_09.jpg

2023 Maverick Tremor_10.jpg

2023 Maverick Tremor_11.jpg

2023 Maverick Tremor_12.jpg

2023 Maverick Tremor_13.jpg

2023 Maverick Tremor_14.jpg

2023 Maverick Tremor_15.jpg

2023 Maverick Tremor_16.jpg

2023 Maverick Tremor_18.jpg

2023 Maverick Tremor_19.jpg

2023 Maverick Tremor_20.jpg

2023 Maverick Tremor_21.jpg

2023 Maverick Tremor_22.jpg

2023 Maverick Tremor_23.jpg

2023 Maverick Tremor_24.jpg

2023 Maverick Tremor_25.jpg

Ford Tremor Family Shot 2.jpg

Ford Tremor Family Shot 1.jpg
Hard to get excited when I don't have my XLT after almost a year. Perhaps I'll get excited when I get a vin but all this new stuff when they can't even fill last years orders?

Hot Runr Guy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Edge SEL, 2024 Lariat AWD BAP 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
At the risk of asking what someone may have answered, is the Tremor interior now the same for both XLT and Lariat, so no more denim cloth vs brown Active-X? Shay's review mentioned that the Tremor has vinyl.

HRG

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

At the risk of asking what someone may have answered, is the Tremor interior now the same for both XLT and Lariat, so no more denim cloth vs brown Active-X? Shay's review mentioned that the Tremor has vinyl.

HRG
Would be nice to know. I like the XLT setup.

gte105u

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Maverick Lariat, '17 Rogue SL, '14 Altima SV
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Word earlier from one of the ford insiders wad that it is the same material as the associated trim (XLT or Lariat) just the color and style change. I. E. You are not getting Active X on the XLT.

Sponsored

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT, EB, LUX, FX4, 4K, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

The current FX4 lists them as "skid plates" the Tremor calls them "steel skid plates". Im just assuming they are better or more of em.
I bet they are the same damn thing. Just change the wording a bit to make it sound different.

Vols44

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Edge
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hard to get excited when I don't have my XLT after almost a year. Perhaps I'll get excited when I get a vin but all this new stuff when they can't even fill last years orders?
I think you hit on a key point. The unscheduled 2021 Bronco orders were given first dibs on a Bronco Everglades Edition and produced in limited quantities. If they produce 100k MY23 Mavericks maybe 10K will be Tremors with one going to each dealer who sold X number of 22 Mavs and the other 80% split between unscheduled 22's and first time 23 orders. Another comparison is the 200K MY22 Lightening orders with plans to produce 20K. Waiting a year for a special order is becoming the newest normal.

Vols44

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Edge
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Word earlier from one of the ford insiders wad that it is the same material as the associated trim (XLT or Lariat) just the color and style change. I. E. You are not getting Active X on the XLT.
After watching multiple videos the dash and door panels look the same while the seats are unique stitched black onyx active X or leather. I've seen the seats in an F-150 which had multicontour leather seating surfaces. The F-150 Tremor also has a leather trimmed option.

Vols44

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Edge
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
When you get down to it for this type of package the only towing I can think of that you'd be doing for off roading is like towing a generator or wood chipper to a job site out in the middle of nowhere or towing broken down SXS or UTVs. Either case you shouldn't need more than 2K capacity. If you are using it for play the most you'd probably tow is a tear drop style camper to sleep in when not out driving trails and such.
IMO, if you want to tow more than 2K off road buy a Bronco for 3500lbs and a Raptor for 4500.

Tbolt

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' EcoSport SES, 22' Lariat Lux FX4 Eco Mav
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
LOL, count me in on your posers. Guilty as charged. (y) BUT, as for me the Tremor coming already with Falken Wildpeaks saves me almost a grand on my standard AWD. Then, I love those black wheels with the orange accent. On top of all that, the ability of the truck to go into 4x4 locker mode may just be a big benefit for me having to navigate a steep section of back road that is sometimes last to be plowed. I would literally spend the $2995.00 on those 3 things alone let alone all the other goodies which will make the Tremor the most desirable Maverick to own in 2023.

Those lucky enough to land one will see a Maverick that will continue to be worth more than what one paid for it for at least 3 years at 3-4 K miles driven a year for me.
Eh you know what I mean. There will be a large segment of these that never even see a dirt road. let alone going off-road. Isn't that the knock on full size pickups? That people never actually use them to their potential? People can drive whatever they want. it is ('still, barely')a free country. Just saying many of these will be bought for looks.

Sponsored

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT, EB, LUX, FX4, 4K, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

IMO, if you want to tow more than 2K off road buy a Bronco for 3500lbs and a Raptor for 4500.
Or just get a Maverick with FX4 and 4K Tow...

Bob The Builder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Butch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Cherokee ** 2023 Mav FX/4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Eh you know what I mean. There will be a large segment of these that never even see a dirt road. let alone going off-road. Isn't that the knock on full size pickups? That people never actually use them to their potential? People can drive whatever they want. it is ('still, barely')a free country. Just saying many of these will be bought for looks.
Of course. All good. Strongly leaning for the Tremor but if I have to wait until until Sept. 15 to order I will use my time wisely and agonize over what to order to the fullest. LOL.

But I know what you mean. Just the other day I saw a guy parked at the General Store in town with a brand new shiny TRD Pro spotless clean with a road bicycle in the back. I'm thinking, jeez dude, at least try and make that a mountain bike. :ROFLMAO:

Maverick2022XL

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL, AWD, 4K tow, 2.0L EcoBoost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I wouldn't mind a higher tow capacity. A 4 seater side by side can be 800+ lbs. A good utility trailer can be 1000+ in a hearbeat. Not a lot left for passengers and gear at that point when you are towing to deer camp. Same thoughts for dune buggies, pulling a boat, etc. I'll take Tremor over 4k don't get me wrong, but it wouldn't hurt by feelings for both.
I'd prefer the higher tow capacity also but for the price and gas mileage, I can live without it if I needed a serious off roader for work. There is always the Ranger which runs around 31k for an XL trim with 4x4 and locking rear differential without any other extra packages. That starts at 3500 lbs for towing. You can also upgrade that to 7k for about $500 more. It jumps up to around 35k if you add the FX4 package to it which has everything+ in the Maverick Tremor package.

Maverick2022XL

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL, AWD, 4K tow, 2.0L EcoBoost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Or just get a Maverick with FX4 and 4K Tow...
Once the Tremor parts are available I foresee some people upgrading to some of the parts in package, not necessarily the rear differential but things like shocks, putting mono tube shocks on an non FX4 package for example. That seems to be the easiest upgrade for off roading besides a lift kit. Mavericks from what I've read come standard with twin shocks except for the FX4 and all models including the FX$ package use twin tube shocks for the front. Then switching out bumpers if the Tremor bumper has better underside clearance would be the next easiest upgrade.

Last edited:

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I'd prefer the higher tow capacity also but for the price and gas mileage, I can live without it if I needed a serious off roader for work. There is always the Ranger which runs around 31k for an XL trim with 4x4 and locking rear differential without any other extra packages. That starts at 3500 lbs for towing. You can also upgrade that to 7k for about $500 more. It jumps up to around 35k if you add the FX4 package to it which has everything+ in the Maverick Tremor package.
The Ranger is just too dang big for what it does. Its bigger in stock form than my 96 full size Bronco. Inside is another story it has no where near the room of an old full size truck. I prefer something thats small and heavy duty. It can be done and I hope to build mine up to be a bit beefier.
Sponsored