First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Hybrid Lariat,No Deletes,10/5/21 order 11/5/22
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
NEW MAVERICK TREMOR OFF-ROAD PACKAGE REVEALED AS FORD RE-OPENS RETAIL ORDER BANKS FOR ITS HOTTEST VEHICLES

2023 Maverick Tremor Package.jpg

AUG 1, 2022 | DEARBORN, MICH.

• New Maverick Tremor™ Off-Road Package becomes available as retail order banks re-open for Ford’s highest-demand vehicles, including Bronco Sport, Explorer, Edge, Ranger, F-150, Super Duty and Transit.
  • The new Tremor package is available on XLT and Lariat series trucks and includes a 1-inch lift for greater ground clearance, exclusive Trail Control™, unique off-road-tailored front and rear suspension, advanced all-wheel drive with four-wheel-drive lock and 2.0-liter EcoBoost® engine
  • Distinctive Tremor design cues include blacked-out Ford logos, headlamps and taillamps, signature Tremor Orange tow hooks, updated fender vent and new grille; available Tremor Appearance Package offers an even bolder look
DEARBORN, Mich., Aug. 1, 2022 – Following the success of the 2022 Maverick, Ford is expanding its compact truck lineup with the new 2023 Maverick Tremor™ Off-Road Package, one of Ford’s hottest products becoming available as the company again begins taking new customer orders for its lineup of high-demand vehicles.

Ford announced its retail order banks will be re-opening for Bronco Sport, Edge, Explorer and Ranger, on Aug. 2, and Maverick and Maverick Tremor will be available for retail order in September. Retail orders for Ford’s hot-selling F-150 and Transit opened a few weeks ago. While customers have been able to buy most of these products off dealer lots, the order banks reopening provides the opportunity for enthusiasts to build their vehicles with the specific content – wheels, colors, features and technology – they desire.

Built to tackle tough terrain

The new Maverick Tremor is an entry-level option for buyers seeking greater off-road capability and bold styling in the same compact package that comfortably fits their daily life in the city while also supporting their outdoor passions.

“Ranger, F-150 and Super Duty customers have embraced the unique off-road capability, technology and appearance updates found across our Tremor family of trucks,” said Todd Eckert, Ford truck product marketing and brand manager. “Maverick Tremor delivers on this same promise with new functions and features designed for off-roading – all while keeping the truck’s signature size, affordability, and Built Ford Tough durability and capability.”

Maverick Tremor is available for XLT and Lariat series trucks. It is outfitted with functional and capable features while keeping in line with the signature eye-catching style of the Tremor family of Ford trucks.

Equipped with a 2.0-liter EcoBoost® engine, the compact pickup builds on the FX4 Off-Road Package with an all-wheel-drive system new to Maverick. This advanced system includes a twin-clutch rear-drive unit with a differential lock feature to allow greater off-road capability. It can divert virtually all rear axle torque to either wheel. Five selectable drive modes make it easy for customers to quickly tailor the on-road and off-road capability of Maverick Tremor to pavement, mud, sand or snow, as well as for towing conditions.

Maverick Tremor also comes with exclusive Trail Control™, which operates like cruise control for off-road driving. Customers simply select a set speed, then the truck manages throttle and braking to allow them to focus on steering through challenging conditions like mud or dirt.

Unique front and rear springs and shocks aid in improved off-road capability. These new shocks, together with a 1-inch increase in ride height, also contribute to a more assertive stance for the new Maverick Tremor. Off-road capability is further bolstered by a heavy-duty transmission cooler and upgraded half-shafts.

Maverick Tremor does not sacrifice its Built Ford Tough credential for great capability. The compact truck offers a maximum tow rating of 2,000 pounds and payload rating of 1,200 pounds so customers can hook up a trailer of dirt bikes or load up the bed with camping gear and fishing rods.

Designed to stand out

The rugged Tremor theme can be found throughout. Maverick Tremor comes with a unique grille finish, plus blacked-out Ford logos, headlamps and taillamps. The two front tow hooks get signature Tremor Orange accents. For an even bolder look, customers can select the available Tremor Appearance Package, which includes a Carbonized Gray-painted roof and mirror caps, as well as black side graphics on the hood and lower body.

Unique 17-inch aluminum wheels feature a new Tremor Orange and dark gray anodized finish, while standard all-terrain tires make for improved traction on loose surfaces like sand, gravel and dirt. A new lower front fascia with a more aggressive approach angle and steel skid plates results in improved capability.

The bold design carries into the cabin, with Black Onyx seats featuring stitched Tremor logos and signature Tremor Orange accents. The center console, register vents and door pulls are updated to include the new color scheme as well.

The 2023 Ford Maverick Tremor Off-Road Package costs $2,995 MSRP and Tremor Appearance Package costs $1,495. Both packages are available for ordering in September.

Production for the Ford Maverick begins this fall.

VIDEO

PHOTOS

2023 Maverick Tremor_04.jpg

2023 Maverick Tremor_01.jpg

2023 Maverick Tremor_02.jpg

2023 Maverick Tremor_03.jpg

2023 Maverick Tremor_05.jpg

2023 Maverick Tremor_06.jpg

2023 Maverick Tremor_07.jpg

2023 Maverick Tremor_08.jpg

2023 Maverick Tremor_09.jpg

2023 Maverick Tremor_10.jpg

2023 Maverick Tremor_11.jpg

2023 Maverick Tremor_12.jpg

2023 Maverick Tremor_13.jpg

2023 Maverick Tremor_14.jpg

2023 Maverick Tremor_15.jpg

2023 Maverick Tremor_16.jpg

2023 Maverick Tremor_18.jpg

2023 Maverick Tremor_19.jpg

2023 Maverick Tremor_20.jpg

2023 Maverick Tremor_21.jpg

2023 Maverick Tremor_22.jpg

2023 Maverick Tremor_23.jpg

2023 Maverick Tremor_24.jpg

2023 Maverick Tremor_25.jpg

Ford Tremor Family Shot 2.jpg

Ford Tremor Family Shot 1.jpg
I want THAT black interior on my CO Lariat Hybrid!!
Sponsored

gte105u

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Maverick Lariat, '17 Rogue SL, '14 Altima SV
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I want THAT black interior on my CO Lariat Hybrid!!
Again, if all you want is an interior just Katzkin it. You'll pay less, probably get better quality product, and can get exactly what you want. It's just the seats that are different.

AUDIOZONE

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger, ranger, mustang, maverick on order
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Not to be mean, but I am overjoyed to see all the comments about "no 4k tow pack, then I dont want it". I have a real basic velocity blue xlt with fx4 package on order. I also have a real basic cyber orange xlt front wheel drive ecoboost on order. I had pretty much accepted I would be getting bumped to 2023 on both. Now I want to wait, and hope mine don't show up as a 2022. I want to add tremor on my awd,,fx4 truck. But I placed that order with Granger, and I wont want to give up my $3000 off msrp. I just wonder what my offer will be and what color I will be picking. I will also be curious to see if it's possible to convert my front wheel drive order into an all wheel drive tremor order. That seems like a big change, to still get the special offer.

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

The Tremor has the same radiator and cooling fan as the Bronco Sport Badlands, which is not shared with the 4k Towing Package. The Tremor/Badlands radiator is shorter in order to accommodate the 30° approach angle.
Maybe someone will find a way to squeeze more radiator in there and all will be well.

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Not to be mean, but I am overjoyed to see all the comments about "no 4k tow pack, then I dont want it". I have a real basic velocity blue xlt with fx4 package on order. I also have a real basic cyber orange xlt front wheel drive ecoboost on order. I had pretty much accepted I would be getting bumped to 2023 on both. Now I want to wait, and hope mine don't show up as a 2022. I want to add tremor on my awd,,fx4 truck. But I placed that order with Granger, and I wont want to give up my $3000 off msrp. I just wonder what my offer will be and what color I will be picking. I will also be curious to see if it's possible to convert my front wheel drive order into an all wheel drive tremor order. That seems like a big change, to still get the special offer.
They said they are willing to change my FX4K to a Tremor when the time comes

Sponsored

Bob The Builder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Butch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Cherokee ** 2023 Mav FX/4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Has anyone seen different colors with the tremor package? All i've noticed are the 2, avalanche gray and blue. Just curious.
Do you by chance have a link to the Blue Tremor? Have not been able to find it. Thanx!!!

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Vols44

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Edge
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If the only reason you want it is for the seats, get Katzkin replacements. You'll play less than the Tremor package and still have a hybrid. Your dealer probably can do it before you take delivery as well so you can have it day one and work it into loan if you're financing.
There is a Seats Uncomfortable? thread in the general forum. Katzkin, Procar and especially Recaro are very good to excellent options.

Tbolt

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' EcoSport SES, 22' Lariat Lux FX4 Eco Mav
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Do you mean because that will make the Tremor package more rare? Good luck with that. I expect this to be a popular option regardless. There is an enthusiasts segment that loves to take their stuff offroad. The biggest complaint about the Mav for that has been ground clearance and approach angles. So if that is your thing, it looks like they have you sorted. Then there are a bunch of posers that just want to drive around in an offroader for the cools.

Reactions: bgn
Sponsored

Buyerfind

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Hybrid Lariat,No Deletes,10/5/21 order 11/5/22
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Again, if all you want is an interior just Katzkin it. You'll pay less, probably get better quality product, and can get exactly what you want. It's just the seats that are different.
Not really - look at the dark door panels, etc...

DJLG210

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
LG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 XL AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Noticed this on the specs sheet. “18-in. Unique Machined-face Ebony Aluminum (available in Black Appearance Package)”

Looks like at least some blacked out items will be available on non Tremor Mavs.

thevol

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver Mav 2.0 AWD 4k
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So are they seriously going to go with orange wheel boot trim thing on the production trucks? I was thinking that was just some kind of test mule wheel playing with the trim design. A very odd deal.

gte105u

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Maverick Lariat, '17 Rogue SL, '14 Altima SV
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Not really - look at the dark door panels, etc...
You'd have to dig through threads, but somewhere it was confirmed the panels and trim are the same as the trim of the truck (I.e. XLT of Lariat), the darker was just the lighting.

Maverick2022XL

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL, AWD, 4K tow, 2.0L EcoBoost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
When you get down to it for this type of package the only towing I can think of that you'd be doing for off roading is like towing a generator or wood chipper to a job site out in the middle of nowhere or towing broken down SXS or UTVs. Either case you shouldn't need more than 2K capacity. If you are using it for play the most you'd probably tow is a tear drop style camper to sleep in when not out driving trails and such.
Sponsored