First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2022 Eco 2.0
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
No, it was this " Only difference will be truck bed vs no truck bed and maverick has 1 more bore … "

They both have same 4 cyl engine as mentioned above. got that. I assumed the "bore" to mean cylinder and only reason for saying 1 more cylinder would have been a reference to the 4 cyl vs. 3 cyl and not sure what that was referring to. That's what I get for assuming I suppose o_O
the specs of the bore it is just by 1 its really not even major difference so in short their there really the same
Sponsored

Stupak

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Update: Ford has now temporarily pulled the Tremor details from the website.

Tremor Package Upgrades:

Twin clutch rear drive gear
Off-road tuned Suspension
Higher ride height / ground clearance (+ 1 inch)
GOAT modes
Metal skid plates / bash plates
Tremor badging and accents (exterior and interior)

Source: https://www.ford.com/trucks/maverick/

Screen Shot 2022-07-29 at 7.32.08 PM.png

1659204685328.png

gi.jpg

Screen Shot 2022-07-30 at 7.41.09 AM.png
This pushed me from the new Ranger Tremor back to another Maverick. Possibly best of all worlds for me! (22 FX4 AWD Cactus Grey :)

cavemold

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This is gives you idea what the maverick could do.

Jmav2152

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Mav, 15' KTM 1190 ADV R, 19' Husq TE250i
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Honestly the biggest miss on this trim is no front camera. If they don't add that then it makes it easier for me to not feel slighted having a 22 FX4.

First Name
robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep cherokee
Well, there is no real substitute for the mechanical systems, they just work consistently better than those which are programmed via the vehicles systems, they do still attempt to do the same thing. I suspect the average operator, unless a serious off-roader, couldn't tell the difference as they never go into conditions which would allow them to see the differences. I also imagine that if you're patient, the programmed system will come close in performance, the system just need time to figure it out. Something mechanical system don't need to do,
BTW, I owned a Cherokee, though not the Trailhawk version I had wanted, and it was a tank. We got 2 1/2 feet of snow while I was at work, and the darn thing drove like there was nothing there. I rarely touched the drive modes for conditons, but sometimes threw it in "sport" for snow just for fun. Pulling holeshots in snowy/slushy roads was a blast as their system really let you throw some power down w/ little intervention -- and you would just freakin' go. It was far smoother operating than my '11 Escape, which also did very well in deep snow.
the KL is great for off-roading ,does things lot people are surprise at its just lot of them are junk and have PTU ,tranny and other problems and jeeps dealerships suck to deal with.

Sponsored

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT, EB, LUX, FX4, 4K, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Honestly the biggest miss on this trim is no front camera. If they don't add that then it makes it easier for me to not feel slighted having a 22 FX4.
The leaked Maverick Tremor infographic indicated a 180-degree, front-facing camera is indeed part of the package!

Jmav2152

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Mav, 15' KTM 1190 ADV R, 19' Husq TE250i
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The leaked Maverick Tremor infographic indicated a 180-degree, front-facing camera is indeed part of the package!
Did it? I must have missed that but I'm going off all the pictures I've seen and none of them have it on there. Even the spy photos. I could be wrong and hope I am.

Edit: unless that it's right there and it threw me off since the BS front camera is much higher.

Ford Maverick Maverick TREMOR Off-Road Package Details Revealed (Then Pulled)! Screenshot_20220731-124349_Chrome

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Not sure why you comparing a old ass jeep Comanche to a new maverick tremor for or a KL . I bet you rather drive a maverick or KL on a 500 mile trip then that old ass truck.
It was a comparison of a truck to a truck that doesnt exist. And since that truck doesnt exist, I used the last version of what it was when it did. Which is similar. Compact unibody truck.

Also cant go on a 500 mile trip I live in Hawaii. However when I did live on the mainland I regularly took 100, 500, 2500 mile trips in old ass cars. If I took the motor and trans out of my spare comanche and put it in my work one(reverse slips and I got alot of blow by), I wouldnt hesitate to drive it 500 miles. Thats just a days drive. The seat dont move but its in a good position. Its doesnt have AC but its got vent windows and a pop up sunroof. No cruise control but I dont mind driving. I personally value a new car more for its comfy short trips, when Im hot and tire from a long day, or when Im late and really hope it isnt randomly dead. Thats what we are buying a Maverick for. Town runs, beach days, trips up the mountain, my wife to drive when she is going somewhere without me to keep our oldies alive. But to get off our property we need good approach angles and as much traction as we can get to scramble up our driveway. Initially we were going to lift the Maverick immediately and put 245/70s on it but now a Tremor may just let us stay stock for a while. Atleast until the weather changes again and we get more ruts in the hill climb.

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

agreed plus a lot people buying mavericks wont care about this package. small percentage of people want it in the first place. i think they will have enough to go around
Its really a parts bin upgrade. Nothing that new other than where to put more orange accents.

Sponsored

gte105u

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Maverick Lariat, '17 Rogue SL, '14 Altima SV
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Its really a parts bin upgrade. Nothing that new other than where to put more orange accents.
Hardly. This more or less puts it on par with a Bronco Sport Badlands. What were you expecting from a 30k-40k unibody truck for this?

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT, EB, LUX, FX4, 4K, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Do you mean this one? Because this is the Bronco Sport Badlands.
Yeah, maybe. I saw that in the same post where they had screen grabs from the Maverick Tremor leak, so thought it was the same. Guess we'll just have to wait for the 2023 order guide to know for sure whether a front-facing camera is included on the Maverick.

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Hardly. This more or less puts it on par with a Bronco Sport Badlands. What were you expecting from a 30k-40k unibody truck for this?
Yes it is a parts bin upgrade. That is a good thing. I want the capability of the BS Badlands with the bigger wheel wells of the Maverick. Lets see. 1" lift-BS Badlands, rear diff-BS Badlands, front camera-BS Badlands, tighter bumper-probably took a mold for the BS Badlands and tweaked it. This is a good thing because unless those orange accents are made of gold it wount be too big of a price jump, like the Tremor F150 is essentially a wash when compared to a F150 FX4 with the same motor.

I love parts bin upgrades. That tells me they gave me all the best of what they had. That would not be a slight against it in any way.

mjkladis

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Tucson
This is gives you idea what the maverick could do.
Yeah, that’s definitely extreme for the BS and Maverick. How is that considered a trail?

cavemold

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Did it? I must have missed that but I'm going off all the pictures I've seen and none of them have it on there. Even the spy photos. I could be wrong and hope I am.

Edit: unless that it's right there and it threw me off since the BS front camera is much higher.

Screenshot_20220731-124349_Chrome.jpg
Fuck I’m get this then holy ! game changer didn’t even notice if that’s a camera
Sponsored