2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cactus Gray Maverick XL Hybrid w/moonroof
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Unless you really want to spend 10 minutes to find out, here's the money shot:

So there you go 26 MPG, 430 miles of effective highway cruising range (@33F and heating interior @73F)
EDIT: Flat terrain @72MPH

Last edited:

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Good thats what I told my wife!

Still double what we get now on a good day. That should make our $450 car payment feel like $300-325.

Rivers90

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Tremor, Xterra, Miata
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

That is the highway MPG I have been getting.

Sponsored

FischAutoTechGarten

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Green Valley Arizona USA, Alamos Sonora MEX
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mav Lariat EB AWD 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

So the combination of the 1" lift, all terrain tires, tapered bumper kills the aerodynamics to that extent? Can't be the rear diff, becuase that would not come into play in steady highway driving.

710-oil-614

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Pretty alright to see but a little more real world would be with some additional payload.

I saw my first Tremor out in the wild in Ann Arbor, MI this past weekend. It was a Cactus Gray XLT Tremor and my brother almost shit his pants I got so excited,

"Ooooh. Look at that Maaaaavvvvvaa...IT'S A TREMOR. THAT'S A CACTUS GRAY TREMOR BRO!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

I've been in a real negative rut with my Maverick ordeal lately but seeing it out in the wild MAN it looked SO good!!!

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

So the combination of the 1" lift, all terrain tires, tapered bumper kills the aerodynamics to that extent? Can't be the rear diff, becuase that would not come into play in steady highway driving.
It also probably weighs more. Alot of the people getting 30+ out of their Maverick are driving it super conservatively and at lower speeds. I would ask these guys to run the test again but with a max speed of 60mph and an average of 50 mph or so. I think it would climb significantly.

I know everyone says thats too slow and they drive 80 all the time but, even the hybrids dont do as well at those speeds. Its just physics. Me I live on an island that has a max speed limit of 55 mph. Sure I go 60 or 70 for very short downhills or whatnot but my average speed is gonna be right there at 45mph. which should be the sweet spot. I think our regular average combined mpg will be right around 25mpg. with where and how we drive.

710-oil-614

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It also probably weighs more. Alot of the people getting 30+ out of their Maverick are driving it super conservatively and at lower speeds. I would ask these guys to run the test again but with a max speed of 60mph and an average of 50 mph or so. I think it would climb significantly.

I know everyone says thats too slow and they drive 80 all the time but, even the hybrids dont do as well at those speeds. Its just physics. Me I live on an island that has a max speed limit of 55 mph. Sure I go 60 or 70 for very short downhills or whatnot but my average speed is gonna be right there at 45mph. which should be the sweet spot. I think our regular average combined mpg will be right around 25mpg. with where and how we drive.
I definitely won't get driving that conservatively but I would expect to see low 20s combined for me while normal driving (70/30 city/hwy) with speeds up to 80mph during those hwy miles.

2022EOW

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The heater has nothing to do with the mpg, unless it’s a hybrid.
Sponsored