Sponsored

Maverick Tremor is the perfect Hotrod Moonshiner vehicle?

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I was just thinking about the days when I used live mostly on the opposite side of the law. Never was a shine runner or anything like that, but just always had a keen awareness of what type of headlights those were in my mirror.

Something got me thinking this morning how the Maverick being a jack of all trades platform is well suited to alot of builds. First of all its got a good sized cargo box for valuable material, also it has alot of hidden cargo space in the bedsides themselves. Put a locking lid on it and your set. So its got that going for it. Then you got the 2.0, its a heck of a motor and gets good mileage even when run hard. Its also supe-able. We got guys running 12s on stock internals/turbos, with more to come. So it can get away pretty fast if need be. Then we got the Tremor equipment, they always say you cant outrun the radio. Thats why you need to run off the highways every once in a while to wait out the radio. Nobody really looks at the Maverick and thinks it an offroader or is gonna be quick at it. But with the hydraulic rebound shocks, extra ground clearance, decent standard tires, on the fly AWD and diff lock. It is reasonable to think one could ditch off the road, cross a field, crass a creek, climb down and out of a holler, and end up on the other side of wherever if they had too. Also its narrow so alot of them Explorers that they use these days for out in the stix country cruizers will get stuck as soon as you hit a tight tree line.

Not that I condone any illegal activity, but just saying for those out there who may have a different lifestyle, you just might "Make it, with Maverick" out on that thunder road.
Ford Maverick Maverick Tremor is the perfect Hotrod Moonshiner vehicle? -E9yZBkgHaDu?w=324&h=175&c=7&r=0&o=5&dpr=1.3&pid=1
Sponsored

fossil

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 SVT Cobra Mustang, HPR Lariat Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
don't forget the rear air bags, 6ply tires and a Focus RS crate motor

OP
OP
Maverickman74

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

don't forget the rear air bags, 6ply tires and a Focus RS crate motor
Well that goes without saying! Im waiting to see what they do with that Corsair turbo. If they are pushing 310-330 hp(est.) with external mods and tune. Perhaps a turbo and proper piping could get the Mav motor near 350hp. Then we just need to add a big fan to that trans cooler.

rlhdweman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
64 Caddy Fleetwood,73 Caddy Sedan,75 Eldorado Conv
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I was just thinking about the days when I used live mostly on the opposite side of the law. Never was a shine runner or anything like that, but just always had a keen awareness of what type of headlights those were in my mirror.

Something got me thinking this morning how the Maverick being a jack of all trades platform is well suited to alot of builds. First of all its got a good sized cargo box for valuable material, also it has alot of hidden cargo space in the bedsides themselves. Put a locking lid on it and your set. So its got that going for it. Then you got the 2.0, its a heck of a motor and gets good mileage even when run hard. Its also supe-able. We got guys running 12s on stock internals/turbos, with more to come. So it can get away pretty fast if need be. Then we got the Tremor equipment, they always say you cant outrun the radio. Thats why you need to run off the highways every once in a while to wait out the radio. Nobody really looks at the Maverick and thinks it an offroader or is gonna be quick at it. But with the hydraulic rebound shocks, extra ground clearance, decent standard tires, on the fly AWD and diff lock. It is reasonable to think one could ditch off the road, cross a field, crass a creek, climb down and out of a holler, and end up on the other side of wherever if they had too. Also its narrow so alot of them Explorers that they use these days for out in the stix country cruizers will get stuck as soon as you hit a tight tree line.

Not that I condone any illegal activity, but just saying for those out there who may have a different lifestyle, you just might "Make it, with Maverick" out on that thunder road.
-E9yZBkgHaDu?w=324&h=175&c=7&r=0&o=5&dpr=1.3&pid=1.jpg
I had a grandfather that did a little "running" in the 30's, in probably a car very much like the one in the picture. I have found out through experience that you can outrun radio with a proper motorcycle.

OP
OP
Maverickman74

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I had a grandfather that did a little "running" in the 30's, in probably a car very much like the one in the picture. I have found out through experience that you can outrun radio with a proper motorcycle.
Hell I outran em in a Ford Aspire once at 15. If you gonna be wild, you'd better be good at it! Go fast, hide well!
Sponsored