First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Great walk around by Tim Bartz of Long MacArthur. Some the highlights he covers are real life measurement of various points of the bed. Child's car seat installation and some other nuggets of good info!

Sponsored

OP
OP
Delzona

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks for sharing. The fit for rear-facing car seats looks too tight considering I'm 6'...
Yeah it does look like it could be a tight fit, but If memory serves me that seat he used is for a baby to about 18 months, so after that the car seat would be more upright, I believe. It's been a very long time since I've had to deal car seats, thankfully! :)

Rkbrumbelow

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HCH2, Hybrid XLT on order
Not the most precise gentleman, but I am glad he did the rail bed height, he said about 20 inches. Still no definitive seat height though;(

OP
OP
Delzona

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Not the most precise gentleman, but I am glad he did the rail bed height, he said about 20 inches. Still no definitive seat height though;(
I thought he was going to get that measurement when he pulled out the tape, but I guess no one asked him that question.

Sponsored

Rkbrumbelow

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HCH2, Hybrid XLT on order
Thanks for sharing. The fit for rear-facing car seats looks too tight considering I'm 6'...
It is not the roomiest rear seat, but I have seen far bigger than 6ft individuals in the rear seat, just having to “man spread” so if you are regimental you will have good cross ventilation.

bpcooper14

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 Nissan Frontier
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So according to this, it's only about 2" shorter than my 08 Nissan frontier (I went out with a tape measurer after I saw the video) first person that's actually given an accurate measurement that I've seen. I'm good with those dimensions! That was really my last reservation was that I couldn't get an accurate representation. My dad is going to swing by one of the Ford dealers in Columbus to see in person and facetime me in so I can "see" for myself.

bpcooper14

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 Nissan Frontier
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Is that Columbus, OH? Do you know a dealer that has one? I have mine on order and would love to check it out in person!
Apparently Krieger Ford on Morse Rd will have one for training tomorrow from 10-1 I saw posted on Facebook.

OP
OP
Delzona

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It is not the roomiest rear seat, but I have seen far bigger than 6ft individuals in the rear seat, just having to “man spread” so if you are regimental you will have good cross ventilation.
gotta have good ventilation!!

Sponsored

NewBernWolf

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lynda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yeah. We have a grandson in a rear facing and his sister is in a front facing. I'm assuming the rear facing will have to go behind the passenger seat and the front facing behind the driver. Front seat passenger will just have to live with it.

At least, now we know, so I appreciate the info.

adivis12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
One thing I noticed in this video are the pre drilled screw holes on the rear sides of the bed that are likely to be used for bed racks. I saw the attached picture on Reddit and was curious if this rack would require drilling into the bed. This makes me think that might not be necessary.

Ford Maverick Maverick training session video - bed dimension measurements, child car seat installation, and other nuggets of good info! 8FD4F814-74C3-4283-B1ED-C031869F2B07

Ford Maverick Maverick training session video - bed dimension measurements, child car seat installation, and other nuggets of good info! EC7D14DF-0342-4B38-98FF-E328712241BC

Last edited:

Stimpy433

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mavrick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'd guess the predrilled holes are the mounting holes for the OEM bed extender..... if those holes are from the factory.

adivis12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I'd guess the predrilled holes are the mounting holes for the OEM bed extender..... if those holes are from the factory.
I guess they could possibly be used for either? The picture I attached of the rack definitely looks like it’s at least covering those holes. Maybe I’m just being hopeful that not much drilling is required.

Last edited:

dicchicora

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Apparently Krieger Ford on Morse Rd will have one for training tomorrow from 10-1 I saw posted on Facebook.
I work right near Krieger Ford. Going to have to stop by after work tomorrow and see if it's there to look at. I have mine on order from Roush Ford. They're anticipating a "stock" Maverick in a few weeks. The dealer told me, when they get one on the lot, they would let those with orders know so we could stop by and look at it.
Sponsored