Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I was alerted to an unexpected trainer visit at my local dealer this morning. I went over and met the trainer guy and asked a bunch of questions and was allowed to go inside, under the hood, checked underneath front and rear, etc. It was a Black Lariat 2.0 AWD FX-4 and other added options (but no floor mats). I'm 5'7" and it fit me really well. Super easy to step in and out of (especially front seats) and I had (crudely measured) 6.5" head room in all seats. I pulled the front passenger seat all the way forward and my knees didn't touch the dashboard. I pushed it all the way back and sat behind it and there was plenty of room for my legs. It was easy to see over the dashboard out the front. Steering wheel tilted and adjusted for perfect grip. Seats were firm but comfortable. Out back it had folding tonneau and much to my pleasure when I put the tailgate down, I could actually set a foot up onto it with no problem even with short legs and beat up knees.

It was a pre-production unit with Michigan plates and I could not start or drive it. It had ~4600 miles showing and I asked the trainer what kind of combined mileage he was getting and he said 31 with normal driving, maintaining speed limits etc. This was an important milestone for me as I've always been a hands on, see it before I buy it person. It passed all the checks for me except actually driving, but as of now I'm plenty satisfied overall and will get a test drive in a couple weeks and expect I'll be ordering soon after that.

Here's a couple pictures:

Ford Maverick Maverick Trainer in SW Colorado this morning- it's actually Black in person Black Maverick 1

Ford Maverick Maverick Trainer in SW Colorado this morning- it's actually Black in person Black Maverick 2

Ford Maverick Maverick Trainer in SW Colorado this morning- it's actually Black in person Black Maverick 3

Ford Maverick Maverick Trainer in SW Colorado this morning- it's actually Black in person Black Maverick 4

Ford Maverick Maverick Trainer in SW Colorado this morning- it's actually Black in person Black Maverick 5
Sponsored

Last edited:

adawalli

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Explorer Platinum, 2010 Toyota Prius 3
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That's alto Blue by the way

OP
OP
Old Ranchero

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That's alto Blue by the way
I don't know what's up with that. Not a hint of any Blue in person. From the minute I pulled up and all the time spent looking at it, not a single person thought it was anything but Black. It looks Black in pictures on my iPhone, but not as sharp as in person. It was a cloudy but bright day so that might have affected lighting or triggered a filter in my camera or something? Have you seen an Alto Blue in person? From the beginning of pictures showing up on internet lighting has seemed to change/affect colors in pictures. I had my eyes fixed with new lenses last year with almost perfect vision and it looked nothing but Black :unsure:

We'll need a side by side color comparison to know for sure.

OP
OP
Old Ranchero

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Where in SW Colorado? I bet it was at my dealer in Aurora and he never called me. Son of a…..
nah, I'm in Dolores, near Mesa Verde National park. All good :)

adawalli

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Explorer Platinum, 2010 Toyota Prius 3
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I don't know what's up with that. Not a hint of any Blue in person. From the minute I pulled up and all the time spent looking at it, not a single person thought it was anything but Black. It looks Black in pictures on my iPhone, but not as sharp as in person. It was a cloudy but bright day so that might have affected lighting or triggered a filter in my camera or something? Have you seen an Alto Blue in person? From the beginning of pictures showing up on internet lighting has seemed to change/affect colors in pictures. I had my eyes fixed with new lenses last year with almost perfect vision and it looked nothing but Black :unsure:

We'll need a side by side color comparison to know for sure.
I have seen in person, but you are right that it completely changes in the light. Perhaps it's your camera, but there's a lot of blue coming at least to my eyes into these pictures. Either way, I really appreciate the post, thanks!
Sponsored