Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
LOL

How does that work? Engine coolant (antifreeze) is running through the radiator, then...what? It mixes and separates the transmission fluid to cool it also?

No, that's moronic.

Perhaps there's a valve that shuts off engine coolant flow momentarily to run transmission fluid through it?

No, also ridiculous.

Please explain how this could work.

I don't want to guess.
Many cars I have had had a dedicated coil of a line from the transmission that looped through the radiator. No fluid mixing but the fins and fan cool the fluid in the loop and send it back to the transmission. Some have a separate unit and some use the main radiator fir double duty.
Sponsored

vezpa

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
EMG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too many to list.
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
LOL

How does that work? Engine coolant (antifreeze) is running through the radiator, then...what? It mixes and separates the transmission fluid to cool it also?

No, that's moronic.

Perhaps there's a valve that shuts off engine coolant flow momentarily to run transmission fluid through it?

No, also ridiculous.

Please explain how this could work.

I don't want to guess.
"Moronic"?
There is a dedicated line INSIDE many vehicle radiators for cooling trans fluid. You obviously know very little about cars and just showed everyone. You would think a google search before your laughing response would have been in order. 🤷‍♂️

Here I'll help you.

Ford Maverick Maverick Towing Test / Review (without 4K tow package) and my thoughts after a few days of owing Screenshot_20211002-071921_Firefox

Last edited:

Deleted member 1157

And now the TOWING review!

Hey, can you change the "mirror Image" setting on your phone?
It looks like you are driving the British version of the Maverick with the steering wheel on the Right hand side.
Yes I know there is no British version but thats what all your videos look like.

dceggert

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion, 2019 Ranger, 2024 Maverick ordered
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You are the one guessing. The FX4 has a larger radiator and heavy duty fan. Where do you think the transmission fluid goes to be cooled when you dont have a dedicated transmission cooler? It gets cooled by going through the BIGGER radiator cooled by the HEAVY DUTY fan you just got with the FX4 package.
There are actually people in this place that know stuff. You formed a hypothesis and plan to test it out on your $25k investment. That is fine but you really need to keep an eye on the transmission fluid. The added cooler with the tow package is just that with the purpose of keeping the fluid cool.

Over the years I have been involved in many towing tests in desert testing. It isn't just the engine coolant that gets hot. With that said the transmission heat is the enemy of tow capacity.

It's your truck, your money, but informing other people Ford is wrong and to do it your way is irresponsible. Any needed repairs would be an immediate warranty denial. Toasted transmission fluid and clutches are a dead giveaway.

OP
OP
Mrboom_5.0

Mrboom_5.0

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bullseyecustomautos.com
Vehicle(s)
02 Lightning, 18 850whp TT F150, 21 whippled F150
Hey, can you change the "mirror Image" setting on your phone?
It looks like you are driving the British version of the Maverick with the steering wheel on the Right hand side.
Yes I know there is no British version but thats what all your videos look like.

Can I, sure. Will I, probably not.

Lol.

Sponsored

CoryDallas8123

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A4, Chevy Chevelle SS, 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I’m surprised UHaul rented him a 2000 lbs trailer, clearly somebody doing their job.
I’ve never had to rent a U-haul trailer I’m assuming there are 143 pages of lawyer speak that makes U-haul clear of all liability in case somebody does something stupid.

When in doubt the lawyers have already thought of it and charged for their time.

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, EB AWD Towing, Cactus Grey
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
For someone who’s watched the full video, did he touch on gas mileage at all? If so what were the results and was it city or highway driving? Trailer weight?

Just looking for cliffs here. Thanks.

OP
OP
Mrboom_5.0

Mrboom_5.0

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
I’m surprised UHaul rented him a 2000 lbs trailer, clearly somebody doing their job.
The trailer isn't 2000lbs.
For someone who’s watched the full video, did he touch on gas mileage at all? If so what were the results and was it city or highway driving? Trailer weight?

Just looking for cliffs here. Thanks.

Mileage stayed about 21mpg.

Sponsored

neosolidus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It has 2 or more wheels and an engine!
Engine
Undecided
Can I, sure. Will I, probably not.

Lol.
I don't understand why you are dead set on having something that irritates people and might prevent some people from watching your content.

For me watching your videos with the mirror setting triggers an OCD-anxiety attack, I can't explain it but it does, which means I can't watch your videos which sucks for me since it seems that you will be doing great content.

Last edited:

Jasperw229

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jasper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick 22, Lariat fx4, 4k tow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The trailer isn't 2000lbs.

Mileage stayed about 21mpg.
According to the uhaul website:
Empty weight: 1,920 lbs
Gross vehicle weight: 4,400 lbs. max.

You got the 6X12 trailer right?

OP
OP
Mrboom_5.0

Mrboom_5.0

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
According to the uhaul website:
Empty weight: 1,920 lbs
Gross vehicle weight: 4,400 lbs. max.

I believe he says he loaded it to an estimated 3200lbs.
@Mrboom_5.0

I'm the guy in the video lol. And it was somewhat of a joke, as 1920 isn't 2000. Text clearly doesn't convey it well though. Lol

Jasperw229

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jasper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick 22, Lariat fx4, 4k tow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm the guy in the video lol. And it was somewhat of a joke, as 1920 isn't 2000. Text clearly doesn't convey it well though. Lol
I realized that I was replying to you too late and edited my post in embarrassment, lol
I've been watching all of your videos and loving the information.
Can't say that I would take apart the front end to do mods like you are, but I know that is your business. I am looking forward to seeing everything you do to the truck. Maybe I'll be inspired at some point.

OP
OP
Mrboom_5.0

Mrboom_5.0

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
I realized that I was replying to you too late and edited my post in embarrassment, lol
I've been watching all of your videos and loving the information.
Can't say that I would take apart the front end to do mods like you are, but I know that is your business. I am looking forward to seeing everything you do to the truck. Maybe I'll be inspired at some point.

Haha all good! And really it's not that bad. For any wanting to - convert to aftermarket headlights or an aftermarket grille(once available) it'll need to be done.

I like custom OEM so i figure let's dig in asap
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.