First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
With all these YouTube reviews on the Maverick and Chicago Auto photos along with tons of other great photos of the Maverick (Although Carbonized Grey is MIA) why hasn't there been any test drive reviews? What is Ford waiting on? Am I missing something? Those Mavericks that are getting reviewed have to be driven there. Is there some reason Ford isn't allowing test drives at this time? I noticed the Red Maverick at the Chicago show had a couple of GoPro cameras mounted to it, one inside and one on the rear glass, which to me indicates possible test drive video of a reviewer? Anyone have an answer to test drive question? Thanks!
Sponsored

OP
OP
Delzona

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Art_Vandelay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid Lariat, Subaru WRX
The embargo?
Ford decides when actual driving reviews can be published and until then anyone who gets behind the wheel is forbidden from publicly discussing the subject. I wouldn’t be surprised if they made everyone who test drove it sign a piece of paper or at the very least made sure their phones weren’t able to film. When Ford deans the maverick fully ready it will release the press from the embargo on reviews. This is done with every new vehicle.

OP
OP
Delzona

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ford decides when actual driving reviews can be published and until then anyone who gets behind the wheel is forbidden from publicly discussing the subject. I wouldn’t be surprised if they made everyone who test drove it sign a piece of paper or at the very least made sure their phones weren’t able to film. When Ford deans the maverick fully ready it will release the press from the embargo on reviews. This is done with every new vehicle.
Thanks, that makes sense. I'm just surprised with all the hype the Maverick is generating that test driving hasn't happened already, but hopefully it's to not far in future.

Sponsored

Art_Vandelay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks, that makes sense. I'm just surprised with all the hype the Maverick is generating that test driving hasn't happened already, but hopefully it's to not far in future.
They need to get the EPA testing finished first and make sure all the bugs and kinks have been worked out before they put them in the hands of the press who will go over everything with a fine toothed comb. Expect actual driving reviews sometime this fall.

OP
OP
Delzona

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
They need to get the EPA testing finished first and make sure all the bugs and kinks have been worked out before they put them in the hands of the press who will go over everything with a fine toothed comb. Expect actual driving reviews sometime this fall.
Oh really? Still testing? I thought that was all finished since they have the Maverick out everywhere! This is why I've been wondering why no test driving, I just figured everything was done and ready with Ford just trying to secure all the parts necessary to start production. My education on new vehicles continues!

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I thought it was common practice to issue pre-production models for press reviews and test articles?

Art_Vandelay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oh really? Still testing? I thought that was all finished since they have the Maverick out everywhere! This is why I've been wondering why no test driving, I just figured everything was done and ready with Ford just trying to secure all the parts necessary to start production. My education on new vehicles continues!
They put a ton of maverick’s in the hands of Ford employees over the last two months to drive so they can put as many miles on them as possible before production begins to see if anything fails or needs to be tweaked. Again, this is standard procedure for most every car. That’s why you see a binder in this maverick out in the wild. It’s for the Ford employee to log usage or collect data to be used by Ford for analysis.

Ford Maverick Maverick Test Drive Reviews? 8806363E-F763-4386-BA30-4673756FFD04

Art_Vandelay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I thought it was common practice to issue pre-production models for press reviews and test articles?
Ford did let the press get hands on with preproduction models for display purposes but they were not allowed to drive them. actual driving reviews are usually held until much closer to the official launch date.

Sponsored

2022EOW

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The Bronco embargo ended when actual retail production began.

OP
OP
Delzona

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
They put a ton of maverick’s in the hands of Ford employees over the last two months to drive so they can put as many miles on them as possible before production begins to see if anything fails or needs to be tweaked. Again, this is standard procedure for most every car. That’s why you see a binder in this maverick out in the wild. It’s for the Ford employee to log usage or collect data to be used by Ford for analysis.

8806363E-F763-4386-BA30-4673756FFD04.jpeg
Oh nice, that explains why there has been so many sightings of Mavericks in "wild"! This has really been interesting to learn how a new vehicle comes to the public.

NotAnonymous

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It was mentioned over on the "other forum" that there is an embargo that lifts on July 26th.
If true that would be nice timing prior to retail scheduling beginning on the 29th.

Murphie

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2020 Sonata
Engine
Undecided
Totally unrelated... I used to work with a lady that could never get sayings correct. She was telling one of our clients that "we go through everything with a FINE TOOTH BRUSH!. We corrected her, telling her it was a "fine-toothed COMB" - to which she replied, "what is a tooth comb?" :rolleyes::LOL:
Sponsored