Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I wouldnt ever drive it but I would look at it at a car show for sure. Nice job. love the front end work.
Sponsored

rupzuk

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep, GMC, Harley
Like any custom the outcome is polarizing.
To the builder, kudos as overall its a great effort to capture the look of an era.
As I lived through that era a rerun isn’t my cup of tea but good job.
For me, past the bling graphics and yesteryear billet wheels it has some really nice styling.
The painted grill bar and bumper fascia’s are very modern, I wouldn’t be surprised to see it on a factory truck in the near future.

2cafn8d

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Monica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1992 Jeep Wrangler, 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I love it. Love the paint work and the color matched grill piece. I really like the attention to detail in the headlights. It definitely takes me back.

Part of me feels that for this build it definitely needs bigger wheels.

Well done!

SpaceyMac

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Ford Maverick Lariat 360 2.5L
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Nice throwback! What is this paint style called? Is it tribal or splash?
thanks for sharing.

Sponsored

Guymon72

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier, KTM SuperDuke GT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
From the sick paint, to the Boyd wheels, my hats of to ya!! this would've been on the cover of Mini-Truckin for sure!!!! Some people will get it, some won't. My first car was a chopped and lowered 76 Datsun. Full on custom, shaved everything. Was it fast???? Nope, top speed of 73mph. Did it ride rough??? Hell yes!!! Did everyone understand it??? Hell no!!! But that doesn't matter. What mattered was that my Dad and I took this old truck back in 1988, and made it into something that we both appreciated. As they say, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I worked my butt off, riding my skateboard to work, so I could give my Dad my paychecks to pay for parts and materials. Customizing is all about the experience. We painted it Indian turquoise in our garage with box fans blowing out the excess. I had turquoise boogers for a week!! All you can do is you!! What makes you happy!!!
So if you want to lift, lower, rally or whatever with YOUR Maverick, do it!!! When mine gets here, we're doing either an ST or Sport theme. And I'll have the time of my life doing it all over again with my dad.

kcirevam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado, Jeep, MINI
Engine
Undecided
I had those same Centerlines on my lowered 1982 V-8 S-10. :LOL:

First Name
Kristin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Versa, Honda GROM
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
i love it. love the OG The Fast and The Furious look
Ford Maverick Maverick Street Truck Build w/ Custom Paint, Graphics & Wheels 1641942278654

Fast64Ranchero

First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lifted 96 F150, 65 Mustang, 2021 R3
I really like it, I lived through that time and never had the funds to build a Mini truck. This truck may end up being my Mid life crisis.

Sponsored

New2AZ

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic EX Hatchback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
While I wouldn't want to do this to mine, I can definitely appreciate the work that went into it. Like was mentioned above, I would certainly stop and check this truck out if I saw it at a show. Love it or hate it, still really cool to see what others do to their Mavericks. Even if you hate 99% of the outcome, there's probably one or two aspects of the build that'll leave you thinking "Man, that would look really good on mine too!"

Fleshman03

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
All these people being negative. If you don't like it, keep scrolling. If this was a way for the shop to showcase their skills on a custom build, GREAT WORK! Definitely took me back to the early to mod 90s.
I was critical in the thread because this is not my particular taste. That said, I absolutely respect the work and craftsmanship that went into it.

mamboman777

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Focus, 2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That's really cool looking!

supersecretTB

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
I'm all into street trucks but more the style from the early 2000's than the 90's mini trucks. I think it looks good. A perfect mixture of lowrider and mulletastic for the paint job. Definitely more of an art piece though. Would be cool at a car show. Mavericks look good lowered and in street truck spec. A good canvas you can go a lot of ways with.

SaintClairMaverick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Novi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Looks like an amazing tribute to the 90's mini truckin! Can't wait to see the finished product bouncing around on air bags and speaker inclouser In truck bed.
Sponsored