First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So the ST label doesn’t mean more power.
The Explorer ST does get the most powerful engine offered... it just shares that engine with the King Ranch, and Platinum.
Also the Edge ST gets the 2.7 EB, which is much more powerful than the others.
Fords ST Line, vehicles are just base to mid-grade vehicles that they put some lipstick on. I remember considering a Fiesta ST and then finding ST Lines super cheap. About 2 minutes into Google and I realized the ST Lines were basically worthless. If Ford does a legit ST it would most likely be a 2.3, I don't think they would stretch the 2.7 into the Maverick, but we can all hope. We can also pray... or have our best thoughts for a 6 or 7m version but I doubt it would ever happen 😞
Sponsored

MavST

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The Explorer ST does get the most powerful engine offered... it just shares that engine with the King Ranch, and Platinum.
Also the Edge ST gets the 2.7 EB, which is much more powerful than the others.
Fords ST Line, vehicles are just base to mid-grade vehicles that they put some lipstick on. I remember considering a Fiesta ST and then finding ST Lines super cheap. About 2 minutes into Google and I realized the ST Lines were basically worthless. If Ford does a legit ST it would most likely be a 2.3, I don't think they would stretch the 2.7 into the Maverick, but we can all hope. We can also pray... or have our best thoughts for a 6 or 7m version but I doubt it would ever happen 😞
For me, while I want an ST, if it’s just an appearance package then I will pass, 2.3 at least and then we will be in business.

Most STs had real engine and performance improvements, later on they realized some people will buy them just for the appearance and apparently went ahead and made vehicles to match. Focus ST, and the real Fiesta ST were great. Guess we will see. Just make it reliable Ford, take the time to get it right!

Hyundai does the same thing. They have real N performance vehicles and they also have an N-line, the N-line version is just appearance only, all show and no go.

Leuf

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick XL AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I am sure they want a version that has more hp and torque than the Santa Cruz turbo. I think half the point of coming out with these different versions is so they have something new every year to put in front of the automotive press to keep up interest while the regular trims have no changes. I don't think the press is going to look favorably upon a Maverick with a performance badge that still gets outperformed by the competition.

XLTLUXRED

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick hybrid, Mini 4 door
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Spotted this outside a Ford facility just now, has a Manufacturer plate. Best pics I could get!
Appears to be lowered and wheels appear to have Ford center caps. Also see some sort of equipment on driver dash. The exhaust seemed to have a more aggressive tone.

Also see this previous potential Maverick ST sighting: https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/f...formance-ford-maverick-st-in-the-works.13248/

Is it just the angle, or does the hot pepper red truck at the link you posted have a shorter truck bed? Reminds me of the old Subaru Baha.

1fifty

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch.
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Low to mid $30k range with paddle shift 8 speed / 2.0t / 3.81 diffs with suspension, wheel & tire, appearance and interior upgrades would likely sell pretty well. More power would be wild, but I’d be pretty shocked.

Sponsored

matmondro

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mathieu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Would love to see this with the 2.3L. Those who remember know that was the engine in the almighty Focus RS (I want one reallyyyyy bad 😀), but that motor on the AWD platform would be quick.

As cool as a manual is, I just don't see it happening. I'd love it too but I don't think Ford would put the time in to make that work. Maybe an aftermarket company might try to rig up a swap.

If they could add some upgraded suspension parts, driveline components, and brakes, that would be great too. For the interior make it like the original STs with Recaro seats, gauge tri-pod on the dash, blacked out trim and headliner, and include the B&O sound system. It would be a cool sporty truck for sure.

2cafn8d

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Monica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1992 Jeep Wrangler, 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

If they are going to put out a real ST, then I'm in, I'll trade my hybrid. If it's just an ST Line... hard pass. I always wanted a Fiesta ST without the Recaros (I have hips lol). My ex husband had a black one for a daily and a Green Envy for his fun car.

mav_kev

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mav
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Taxman100

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XLT Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Not sure why they keep adding trim levels when they cannot build the ones they already offer.

Manuel may not be offered, though I'm sure he helps build Mavericks.

Jwhisl

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 f150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
By the time Ford actually announces it and Order start getting filled most of us will be able to build a faster Maverick with parts available. I already have a pre-order in for an aftermarket intercooler with hard pipe and blow off valve kit, and it aftermarket down pipe that is full 3-in and adapts to the Ranger Turbo so I can use the ranger turbo on the maverick. All that together should get me in the 400 horsepower range and a 12 second Maverick

Sponsored

Traegorn

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trae
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.nerdandtie.com
Vehicle(s)
2011 Nissan Versa, 2023 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Not sure why they keep adding trim levels when they cannot build the ones they already offer.

Manuel may not be offered, though I'm sure he helps build Mavericks.
They want to add a new trim or feature every year to keep the truck in the news.

And this won't go on sale until after the new shift gets added to the factory, so it's not like Ford's not simultaneously trying to work on the production capacity too.

es7129

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The motors weren’t being developed at Roush, Ford Performance, to have a run of the mill 2.0 dropped in.