Marcello
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hey MTC!

Finally got the Maverick set up the way I want it. Can't wait to add more once my bank account recovers, but it's all ready for camping this summer and just wanted to share some photos. I'll be posting more photos as well as a discount code for the rack on my Instagram @maverickfx4 this week if you're interested, but here are some details in the meantime:

Rack: Xtrusion Overland XTR1, 13"
Tent: ROAM Vagabond Lite
Lift: 2" from Ford Ranger Lifts
Tires: Falken Wildpeak ATW3, 245/65/17

Gotta give a special shoutout to the guys at Xtrusion Overland for the support while we were trying to get everything set up. Love the rack so far and we can run our bed cover (Ford hard roll-up, basically re-branded BAK Revolver X4) with their wide brackets and some trimming of the rails.

A lot of work goes into our photos, so please credit our IG @maverickfx4 if you re-post! Thanks!

IMG_51991.jpg
1Q0A7712-1.jpg
IMG_1351 2.JPG

IMG_5231.JPG
PERFECT !!!

clavicus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hey MTC!

Finally got the Maverick set up the way I want it. Can't wait to add more once my bank account recovers, but it's all ready for camping this summer and just wanted to share some photos. I'll be posting more photos as well as a discount code for the rack on my Instagram @maverickfx4 this week if you're interested, but here are some details in the meantime:

Gotta give a special shoutout to the guys at Xtrusion Overland for the support while we were trying to get everything set up. Love the rack so far and we can run our bed cover (Ford hard roll-up, basically re-branded BAK Revolver X4) with their wide brackets and some trimming of the rails.

A lot of work goes into our photos, so please credit our IG @maverickfx4 if you re-post! Thanks!

IMG_51991.jpg
1Q0A7712-1.jpg
IMG_1351 2.JPG

IMG_5231.JPG
Are mudflaps a liability with overlanding due to clearance?

skadizzle

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat BAP
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

FB group?!? Is it an open group?
Yes, don't remember which one but I am in about four or five Maverick groups. There's one for hybrids, one for FL, customs, and general ones

Sponsored

FloodingdowninTX

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Brilliantly conceived and executed!

MavMike

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT, Oxford White
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Great setup! So those were your picts on the xtrusion-overland site. I've been haunting them for awhile, hoping someone would put some real-world photos up.

I'm looking at the 18" height, standard sized brackets, which the site states "allow up to 1.4" of clearance for tonneau" and a Truxedo Pro 15 tonneau. Without anything in hand (truck is in "Final Preperation" (sp) at dealer), and WAG'ing measurements, I'm hoping this combo will go together with minimal cuts and customizations. My thoughts are to run the tonneau bed rails on top of the bed rack supports and filling in the gaps with rubber strips.

Could you explain more when you said some trimming of the rails was required? I'd like to avoid the wider brackets, trying to keep the rack and attached equipment from sticking out too much. I will go with them, if necessary.

My end goal is to make a stretched canvas "tent" cover for the bed rack that extends over the tailgate when open. Maybe a narrow (4'6" x 6'), rear extending awning attached to the bed rack that can be enclosed, etc. Sliding rails inside the rack to extend kitchen equipment out into the awning area. The more I think about this, the further down the rabbit hole I go!

I know, there are alot of little fiddly bits to work out, but planning is half the fun! Any advice and expertise from you or even xtrusion-overland (if listening) would be very helpful. Thanks!

OP
OP
maverickfx4

maverickfx4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Are mudflaps a liability with overlanding due to clearance?
They could be, but then again I’m not looking to do anything too extreme with my Maverick. I removed the front plastic splashguard type pieces that come stock as they’re quite low.

OP
OP
maverickfx4

maverickfx4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Great setup! So those were your picts on the xtrusion-overland site. I've been haunting them for awhile, hoping someone would put some real-world photos up.

I'm looking at the 18" height, standard sized brackets, which the site states "allow up to 1.4" of clearance for tonneau" and a Truxedo Pro 15 tonneau. Without anything in hand (truck is in "Final Preperation" (sp) at dealer), and WAG'ing measurements, I'm hoping this combo will go together with minimal cuts and customizations. My thoughts are to run the tonneau bed rails on top of the bed rack supports and filling in the gaps with rubber strips.

Could you explain more when you said some trimming of the rails was required? I'd like to avoid the wider brackets, trying to keep the rack and attached equipment from sticking out too much. I will go with them, if necessary.

My end goal is to make a stretched canvas "tent" cover for the bed rack that extends over the tailgate when open. Maybe a narrow (4'6" x 6'), rear extending awning attached to the bed rack that can be enclosed, etc. Sliding rails inside the rack to extend kitchen equipment out into the awning area. The more I think about this, the further down the rabbit hole I go!

I know, there are alot of little fiddly bits to work out, but planning is half the fun! Any advice and expertise from you or even xtrusion-overland (if listening) would be very helpful. Thanks!
Thanks! Yes, you would have the tonneau rails on top of the brackets for the bed rack. The brackets for the bed rack sit both on the insides and top of the truck's bed rail. I'm not familiar with the Truxedo, but having the bed rack brackets on the rail essentially pushed the tonneau rails a bit higher, and a bit closer together, so that the space between them became too narrow for the cover itself to fit in the tracks. It also no longer sat flush with the tailgate (too high).

The solution was to cut the metal part of the tonneau rail so that it could fit around the rack's brackets, and fill with some weatherstripping. I've only done the sides (and not the top) since I was trying to get going for the trip we had planned haha. Unfortunately I'm out of town for the next 2 weeks but I am hoping to get some photos of the mods to the tonneau rails once I am back and finished up with the top.

As for the brackets, I'm not sure if the standard would fit your tonneau. It likely varies by cover, but they do recommend the wide brackets for tonneaus to avoid any fitment issues. The wide brackets are only in the back for this configuration. Your setup sounds cool! Can't wait to see it. I'm not sure if we are allowed to post it here, but Xtrusion gave us a discount code for 10% off if you wanted to use it. It's in the caption of our latest Instagram post on @maverickfx4. :)

Hope that helps!!

Editing to add a photo of how much our wide bracket sticks out:

Ford Maverick Maverick set up for camping & light off-roading with bed rack and RTT! Xtrusion, ROAM rooftop tent, Fordrangerlifts, Falken BE5D3ADB-3B1A-4804-A5A7-5253EA0861C5

MavMike

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT, Oxford White
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Excellent! Thank you for the reply! Eager to see the modding to the tonneau rails.

The use of the wider brackets on the rear make sense. I can see the possible issue of using them up front because of the curve of the truck's plastics. The narrowing of the tracks of the tonneau would be an issue. I'm hoping, because it's a velcro fitment, it may have some wiggle-room.

Again, appreciate your reply!

Sponsored

WVX76

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cactus Gray XLT FX4, Subaru Forester Wilderness
Great set up! How do you like the tent? I’m looking to add a tent for occasional use and I’m trying to find the sweet spot as far as quality and price.

Thanks for sharing.

Comet71

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Comet 71
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Ford Mercury Comet
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thanks! I only have this one on hand… didn’t get many good ones since we’re usually packed up before sunrise to catch that good photo lighting :cool:

07BCAF6D-6860-4194-92E6-74289C2EBB5D.jpeg
beautiful :love::love::love:

northerncole

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick FX4 Tow Package
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That is a work of art you have there. Looks like so much fun. Good job.

Deleted member 9167

Thanks! Yes, you would have the tonneau rails on top of the brackets for the bed rack. The brackets for the bed rack sit both on the insides and top of the truck's bed rail. I'm not familiar with the Truxedo, but having the bed rack brackets on the rail essentially pushed the tonneau rails a bit higher, and a bit closer together, so that the space between them became too narrow for the cover itself to fit in the tracks. It also no longer sat flush with the tailgate (too high).

The solution was to cut the metal part of the tonneau rail so that it could fit around the rack's brackets, and fill with some weatherstripping. I've only done the sides (and not the top) since I was trying to get going for the trip we had planned haha. Unfortunately I'm out of town for the next 2 weeks but I am hoping to get some photos of the mods to the tonneau rails once I am back and finished up with the top.

As for the brackets, I'm not sure if the standard would fit your tonneau. It likely varies by cover, but they do recommend the wide brackets for tonneaus to avoid any fitment issues. The wide brackets are only in the back for this configuration. Your setup sounds cool! Can't wait to see it. I'm not sure if we are allowed to post it here, but Xtrusion gave us a discount code for 10% off if you wanted to use it. It's in the caption of our latest Instagram post on @maverickfx4. :)

BE5D3ADB-3B1A-4804-A5A7-5253EA0861C5.jpeg
@maverickfx4 can you share any updated photos of your modded rails? I've been staring at the Xtrusion rack for awhile and I'm trying to understand if that rack will work with my tonneau cover. I don't understand why the wide brackets are suggested (required?) in the back, but the normal brackets will work in the front.

Jwoadie

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hey MTC!

IMG_51991.jpg
1Q0A7712-1.jpg
IMG_1351 2.JPG

IMG_5231.JPG
which size of the Molle plate are those?
Sponsored