Sponsored

Arukoru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
I like it, gives an overall pretty aggressive look. Hate the shell from every angle except the front 3 quarter view.
Sponsored

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I would think one of the main reasons would be pretty obvious. You'd have to get an enormous SUV to match the cargo capacity of even a small truck like the Maverick. Comparing apples/apples, cargo capacity with 2 rows of seating, an Explorer (midsize SUV) has about 48 cu.ft. of total cargo space. Take the 33 cu.ft. of the Maverick and roughly double it with a camper shell and you've got ~66 cu.ft. You'd have to move up to an Expedition or Tahoe to match that. Plus some people may be hauling wet/dirty cargo that they'd prefer not to have in the carpeted/easily scuffed interior of their vehicle.

Screenshot_20211127-073555.png
Very good points.

NapsterKnowHow

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
I agree, I understand that some folks need/want for a cover for a pickup because they like the ease of a truck, but like you said, why not get a SUV or Crossover then?
You really wanna throw wet, dirty and sometimes stinky things into the back of a SUV or crossover? Disgusting.

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You really wanna throw wet, dirty and sometimes stinky things into the back of a SUV or crossover? Disgusting.
If was going to do that I would have a plastic container to throw the stuff in if I owned an SUV or get my friend with a truck and put them in there! 🤣 🤣 😁 Of course if I ever get my Maverick built then I won't have any worries! :cautious:🤣

Edge Haley

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Edge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PORSCHE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If was going to do that I would have a plastic container to throw the stuff in if I owned an SUV or get my friend with a truck and put them in there! 🤣 🤣 😁 Of course if I ever get my Maverick built then I won't have any worries! :cautious:🤣
A lot of people went to Ford to look at the Bronco Sport (SUV) - but when they saw the price of the Maverick pickup at $10,000 less money, switched from a Bronco Sport to a Maverick...got the truck bed as an extra...exactly why I went with the Maverick.

Sponsored

Edge Haley

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Edge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PORSCHE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
A lot of people went to Ford to look at the Bronco Sport (SUV) - but when they saw the price of the Maverick pickup at $10,000 less money, switched from a Bronco Sport to a Maverick...got the truck bed as an extra...exactly why I went with the Maverick.
Heads up - Black Friday sale of "Gator Tri-Fold Tonneau" $216.00 + Tax (free shipping) Sale price ends Monday 11/29/2021 - Subject to availability of Inventory.

NapsterKnowHow

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Even a plastic container or bag the smell could stink up the SUV. Best option would probably be to strap it to the roof lol