First Name
tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
What are you basing this belief on? Lots of stand alone hitch orders have been scheduled already.
I think he’s right though… my order is a lariat EB with basically every option you could get except the moonroof (lux, fx4, 4k tow, and 360 assist). i got scheduled for dec 12. another guy i know has a loaded xlt with lux and he got scheduled for december 19. could all just be a coincidence but lux packages seem to be getting scheduled sooner
Sponsored

AznMav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid Lariat Built 3-9-23, Chevy EUV, Lexus RX350
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have no use for a truck without a hitch. Ford could have any one of thousands of companies weld up hitches. They want the 5 dollar hitch from China. They better get their act together because by next September the competition will be taking orders. Toyota makes a far superior vehicle than Ford and rumors about a baby Ram are spreading.
Toyota used to make a far superior vehicle but you still get to pay a premium for their legacy. I came across an article a while back that showed statistically Toyota and Honda aren't that much more reliable than Ford now. So we are going from Honda CR-V to Ford Maverick. Losing a few features like memory seats which I don't understand why a lariat trim wouldn't have it but gaining heated steering wheel which is so nice when I had it on my Volt. Hoping the seats are better than the CR-V those things were terrible. After an hour it was a literal pain in the butt. Also the last few months of owning it the infortainment system wouldn't randomly go off and come back on only after restarting a car. Shouldn't be doing that on a 4 year old Honda I bought new. The shifter knob broke in the first few months of ownership and the car required a new battery every 2 years. The first one was under warranty the second one I had to pay for. Not that big a fan of Hondas anymore. The 2014 CR-V we had was much better but was under powered and didn't have many features. So ready to give Ford a shot. The idea of a pickup bed is intriguing on top of the gas mileage.

realshelby

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 GT 500, 1965 Mustang GT,
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My job at the time of order was Ford X-plan partner. This applies a discount to the options too.

My new job isn't (yet to be confirmed though). Down payment savings was eaten up during the time gap in between jobs. Once that's back I might take them off. Still might have better odds at the lottery then tough.
Do you have a sales agreement with the X-plan PIN number and confirmation the Dealer will sell at that price? If so, I think Ford would honor that through the ordered vehicle price protection.

If no contract.....I would not be surprised if the Dealer refuses X-plan pricing. They are not required to honor that. It basically nets them a profit equal to selling the vehicle a little over invoice.

minitrucknuts

Banned
Banned
First Name
Kev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS
I think he’s right though… my order is a lariat EB with basically every option you could get except the moonroof (lux, fx4, 4k tow, and 360 assist). i got scheduled for dec 12. another guy i know has a loaded xlt with lux and he got scheduled for december 19. could all just be a coincidence but lux packages seem to be getting scheduled sooner
How many orders and allocations does your dealer have? How many orders and allocations does the other guy's dealer have?

Your personal experience is not evidence of anything. Our family has 3 orders, all with stand alone hitches, all scheduled for Dec builds.

OP
OP
commadorebob

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Something Tim mentioned last night is a lot of the cancelled VINs were delayed and cancelled for a reason. So, it is unlikely they will all be able to be scheduled immediately. As a result, there will likely be some new hybrids that get in as a result.

His hope was to manage expectations a little for the cancelled VIN crowd in the event some are still waiting even at Priority 2 when a new order gets scheduled. Ford won't be able to get them all done immediately.

EBs should be otherwise unaffected other than the cancelled VINs eating up some of the lux packages a little.

Sponsored

2022 pushed behind 2023's

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ya'll are something else if you think a tow hitch is a constraint. Ford just list that cause every Maverick probably has one on it and they can tell you over and over and over and over that this was why they built the truck ordered 14+ months after yours is sitting in your neighbors yard. that tow hitch on the back? Oh, ignore that, please.
No one would build a truck and NOT think a tow hitch should be on it from the factory, not even Ford is that dumb.
:)

bearsfan647

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EBike - Future Ford Maverick!
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ya'll are something else if you think a tow hitch is a constraint. Ford just list that cause every Maverick probably has one on it and they can tell you over and over and over and over that this was why they built the truck ordered 14+ months after yours is sitting in your neighbors yard. that tow hitch on the back? Oh, ignore that, please.
No one would build a truck and NOT think a tow hitch should be on it from the factory, not even Ford is that dumb.
:)
this couldn’t be more false. Go to Ford inventory checker for maverick, look at all the stickers.

Lordran_Hollow

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Toyota 86 860 Edition
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Guarantee it's coincidence. I have a nearly fully loaded XLT on order (Lux, 4k tow, FX4) and so far I haven't been scheduled. I'm expecting not to be scheduled any time soon, but I made sure to drop the bed liner and the remote start to hopefully improve my chances of getting the truck sooner rather than later.

Vince30

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' Ford Maverick and some motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Something Tim mentioned last night is a lot of the cancelled VINs were delayed and cancelled for a reason. So, it is unlikely they will all be able to be scheduled immediately. As a result, there will likely be some new hybrids that get in as a result.

His hope was to manage expectations a little for the cancelled VIN crowd in the event some are still waiting even at Priority 2 when a new order gets scheduled. Ford won't be able to get them all done immediately.
I totally get managing expectations, but after seeing multiple examples here of them thinking they can make my exact build in December, I'd be lying if I said I'll be fine if I don't get an email from ford tomorrow.

Sponsored

IdahoDirtFarmer

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 ordered '23 XLT, Eco, AWD, FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Guarantee it's coincidence. I have a nearly fully loaded XLT on order (Lux, 4k tow, FX4) and so far I haven't been scheduled. I'm expecting not to be scheduled any time soon, but I made sure to drop the bed liner and the remote start to hopefully improve my chances of getting the truck sooner rather than later.
Same here. Looks like we ordered basically identical pickups and I'm still unscheduled as well.

Lordran_Hollow

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Toyota 86 860 Edition
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Same here. Looks like we ordered basically identical pickups and I'm still unscheduled as well.
Damn near close! I didn't get 360 as I heard that was a major constraint for last year and they were expecting it to be a constraint again for the MY23 year, also didn't get the block heater as here in VA it doesn't get nearly cold enough to necessitate one. Still, here's hoping we get scheduled sooner rather than later. I don't think the winter season will be bad here this year, but I'd really like to have my Mav before we get a major snow. Driving my RWD 86 in the snow last year was a harrowing experience to say the least. And it wasn't even that bad of a snow.

OP
OP
commadorebob

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I totally get managing expectations, but after seeing multiple examples here of them thinking they can make my exact build in December, I'd be lying if I said I'll be fine if I don't get an email from ford tomorrow.
I get you. I would hate it too. I don't even want mine until May and I'm still slightly disappointed when I don't see the email. I think Tim was wanting to make sure people aren't surprised when it does happen. On paper, a cancelled VIN that is identical to a new hybrid will be scheduled first. But there is a chance a cancelled VIN has a constraint limit a new hybrid just doesn't and Ford is forced to skip the cancelled VIN.

Plus add dealer allocations. But Tim said he has more allocations for this month than cancelled VINs, so hopefully that shouldn't be an overall issue. However, taking his 43 allocations into account, and Ford's 35-65 Hybrid to EB ratio, still leaves 2 of Tim's cancelled VINs unscheduled, constraints notwithstanding.

Last edited:

Onceforall

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
there is only one steel ford hitch for the 2k and 4k load ratings. The wiring not a constraint.

minitrucknuts

Banned
Banned
First Name
Kev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS

EBs should be otherwise unaffected other than the cancelled VINs eating up some of the lux packages a little.
Not "likely". This is already the very thoroughly documented reality.
Sponsored