2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape, Ranger, Taurus
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I don't understand why Ford is coming out with new package options, i.e., Tremor, Black, etc., when they can't even make/cover the constraints on the models in the first round of production............it seems like they're getting themselves further behind the 8 ball but offering more things they can't produce. Writing checks with their mouths that their production can't cash..........
Sponsored

TheQuixotic1

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford C-Max SEL. 2022 Chevy Bolt EUV
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
OP
OP
commadorebob

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Within that article is: https://fordauthority.com/2022/10/2022-ford-maverick-pickups-get-new-depopulated-key/

Great. So on top of the wait and misinformation campaign, we only get one key that unlocks the doors? So we get to pay the dealer $600 for another key? FU Ford. Get your stuff together.
IIRC, Ford had put in the option to do that for Maverick, but never actually pulled the trigger on it. Only the F-150 had the depopulated key. The Ford Authority blog is mid-tier reliable at best.

"Lariat pickups are not impacted by this latest change."

laughs-in-spanish.gif
In fairness, the Lariat keys are wireless. So, kinda need both to work.

wax87

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Avalon
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

If you ordered an EB, I wouldn't sweat it too much. Based on the numbers provided a few weeks ago, all EBs should be scheduled by end of April. If it is on a hybrid, that is a tough call. On the one hand, that hybrid will be a bigger constraint but on the other, the hitch might make the difference.

That said, Tim has even said allocations trumps all. So, even if Ford has capacity for a hybrid with a hitch, it won't matter if your dealership has no more allocations.
Hybrid baby!!!

ME4Twaffle

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mazda 3
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
SIBL still not constrained, eh? 🤔

Probably not worth the risk of adding it back in, but tempted! That said, the idea of getting an orange spray-in to match the interior trim is really growing on me, so that's another reason for me to leave it off. 😉

Sponsored

yb98

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 camery & 22 XL AWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Let's hope some of us cancelled orders get included in the 12/1 scheduling, after the 11/30 dealer deadline to re-enter the orders with the dealer priority. Not holding my breath, but it could happen.
ford chat said mt canclled vin replacment order is at priority 2

dcs12345

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Chevy
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I don't understand why Ford is coming out with new package options, i.e., Tremor, Black, etc., when they can't even make/cover the constraints on the models in the first round of production............it seems like they're getting themselves further behind the 8 ball but offering more things they can't produce. Writing checks with their mouths that their production can't cash..........
They are mostly constrained on hybrid engines in the scheme of things....so adding more options to the EB lineup like the tremor doesn't really change things that much.

ejouie

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Ford Maverick, Atlas Blue, FWD, EcoBoost, XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

So, what is being said is I could both win the lottery, be struck by lightning inside my home and still not have my XLT Hybrid with mud flaps, hitch, rubber mats and hard rollup cover?

Last edited:

yb98

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 camery & 22 XL AWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So, what is being said is I could both win the lottery, be struck by lightning inside my home and still not have my XLT Hybrid with mud flaps, hitch, rubber mats and hard rollup cover?
beside for the hitch why wont you put on evrything after?

ejouie

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Ford Maverick, Atlas Blue, FWD, EcoBoost, XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

beside for the hitch why wont you put on evrything after?
My job at the time of order was Ford X-plan partner. This applies a discount to the options too.

My new job isn't (yet to be confirmed though). Down payment savings was eaten up during the time gap in between jobs. Once that's back I might take them off. Still might have better odds at the lottery then tough.

Sponsored

Cheesehead

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Called Ford today to ask about the status of my MY23 XL hybrid ordered on 9/17/22 with just the hitch added.

No vin yet or production scheduled, but she said it was updated on 11/17 that the frame was reserved for it (or something like that). I don’t recall anyone here mentioning something like this. I ask her more about what that meant and she said that they are assigning materials for it so moving along now.

We’ll see, but seems positive to me.

AltoBAP

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jefferson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Fusion SE 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
How hard is it to have a machine/robot make hitches 24/7? I don't get this Ford.....
I doubt any supplier would be willing to spend millions of dollars to fully automate hitch manufacturing for a cheap, low volume application, when they can hire someone for 93 cents an hour to build it manually outside of the US.

Or perhaps it is automated, but the supplier also provides other hitches to Ford for higher volume/more profitable vehicle lines.

Supplier will say "I can build you 500,000 hitches per year, you tell me how many you want of each".

Ford will make sure F series all have hitches before they consider Maverick.

If anything were "easy" in this industry, they'd be capitalizing on it.

Sleeper 7

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Fusion 14 Ram Dump 23 Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have no use for a truck without a hitch. Ford could have any one of thousands of companies weld up hitches. They want the 5 dollar hitch from China. They better get their act together because by next September the competition will be taking orders. Toyota makes a far superior vehicle than Ford and rumors about a baby Ram are spreading.

johnpbrewer

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Ford Ranger
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Haha, of course the ONE option on my XLT Hybrid order (you know, other than the whole hybrid thing), is the hitch. Now I get to wrestle with whether or not to drop that.

I'm having trouble wrapping my head around why this doesn't make the Lux package a constraint now, though.
Because your one option hitch is now part of a Luxury package.

jesemd

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have no use for a truck without a hitch. Ford could have any one of thousands of companies weld up hitches. They want the 5 dollar hitch from China. They better get their act together because by next September the competition will be taking orders. Toyota makes a far superior vehicle than Ford and rumors about a baby Ram are spreading.
Given the success of the Mav and Santa Cruz, and the fact that every auto maker has a compact SUV platform, I would imagine there will be even more competition than that.
Sponsored