First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many Fords
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I understand. You'll get nine of your orders pulled for assembly. What I don't know, or see anywhere, is WHO decides which nine. Is it the dealer? Ford? Regional rep? Luck of the draw? That was asked in a polite and sincere manner. It can be read as sarcasm. It is not. I'm just trying to better understand the logistics
Thank you

It is scheduling first by the order the dealer has placed the order and limited by the commodities/options chosen.
Sponsored

DryHeat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DryHeat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The dealer sets the priority code.
Assuming you are talking about priority codes above 10 -- which you probably are -- then, yes, the dealer sets the code.

But... priority codes below 10 are set by the region (according to @fordvideoguy, who said that usually happens when they are looking at your order for possible scheduling).

Jamesable

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Dodge Charger R/T
I'm hoping for a hybrid build date (June order), but let us not forget that ...
Hybrid Maverick Orders Will Not Be Scheduled For Production Until Further Notice
That was fake. Ford released a statement after that. đź‘Ś trust me, I'm waiting for a hybrid build date too!

Sponsored

athertonbt

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL EB FWD Carb Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Talked with my dealer this weekend and with their allocation I would most likely be looking at next year. Went to Carmax and got a 2020 Ranger 4wd with 18k miles for $28,000. Ford is still my company. But knowing folks who are still waiting on Broncos, I lost my confidence in the process, especially with ongoing work stoppages and the endless chip shortage. Ford is building as much or more than their competitors (see GMs total shutdown) but ultimately don't want to wait around on an ecoboost model that's only going to get me 3-4 more miles to the gallon. If my hybrid had a chance this year it would be different. But the battery market isn't looking too hardy either....

Last edited:

slashy42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
I'm sorry. I think my question wasn't made clear. The dealer sets the priority code between 10 and 19, 10 being the best. I totally understood that.
What I'm trying to figure out is what happens after that.

WHO looks at the sales made and decides:
*I'm going to schedule Joe's Maverick. We have all the parts

*Susan needs something we don't have, so I have to skip her for now

*Then Mary and Frank have the same exact order. There's only room for one more. I'll choose Mary's build. Maybe Frank will be next round.

Is this done by the Regional person, the factory, a computer?
WHO decides

Thanks for your patience. I should've been more clear
Scheduling software. There is no way a human is hand selecting this many vehicles. They probably do several runs through their scheduling software and find the output that's maximizing whatever variables they set it for. They can probably tune it for maximum output or maximum profit... Prioritize customer orders over stock... Lots of things are probably at play, and it's a complicated process. Just my guess, but scheduling software is it's own industry.

Dealerinsider

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
I'm wondering what the allocations, order numbers pulled looks like for @Dealerinsider and their crew. Curious on the total orders that have been placed, number pulled, and if any of those were hybrids. Any insight???
400 orders...50+ pulled...3 hybrids

Sponsored

Unlikely_Username

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
That’s was a clean up week
I know. That memo still wasn't fake though. The latest word that anyone here has is that hybrids still won't be scheduled until further notice, despite any PR that Ford has done.

We are all waiting for that further notice. Hopefully it comes before Thursday, and hybrids get scheduled this week.

Granger Ford

2.0L EcoBoost
Gold Sponsor
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many Fords
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm sorry. I think my question wasn't made clear. The dealer sets the priority code between 10 and 19, 10 being the best. I totally understood that.
What I'm trying to figure out is what happens after that.

WHO looks at the sales made and decides:
*I'm going to schedule Joe's Maverick. We have all the parts

*Susan needs something we don't have, so I have to skip her for now

*Then Mary and Frank have the same exact order. There's only room for one more. I'll choose Mary's build. Maybe Frank will be next round.

Is this done by the Regional person, the factory, a computer?
WHO decides

Thanks for your patience. I should've been more clear

So that is determined by ford based on what options are available. Say I have 10 Maverick orders, yours is a priority 11 and I have another build that is exactly that same that is a priority 10.

The order with a priority 10 will get scheduled before yours if Ford allows us (i.e. has the parts available) to build that car.

Revisit that scenario again, but the priority 10 order has floor liners on it as the only difference. If Floor liners are constrained, then yours will get scheduled over theirs because of that restriction.

Keep in mind also, that Ford is simultaneously doing this nationwide with 3000+ dealerships.

keebs159

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Nissan Frontier
400 orders...50+ pulled...3 hybrids
You still running a 5 to 1 Hybrid to Gas ratio? If so, I wonder if you'll be able to wrap up your 2.0 schedules (aside from constrained options, of course) this week/month.
Sponsored