First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-5
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So I've seen this number batted around for awhile now. It simply doesn't match up with the # of scheduled builds, or the VIN #s currently allocated. Before today's scheduling, there were already tracked VINs in the high 8,000 range, scheduled as soon as 10/4 (multiple VINs in this range/week). Now Ford is doing some shuffling of orders, so the VINs don't 100% align to the build week, however overall these number ranges should be indicative of where built inventory will be at, at that point in time.

I saw reference to VINs as high as the 14K range as well in today's scheduling discussion, which is only through 11/8.

So what gives? Are these 2 numbers only related to Hybrid builds? That I could see making a lot more sense, otherwise, they simply seem wrong.
My VIN is 15786...scheduled for 11/8. You are right, these numbers don't up unless Ford schedules a large number of builds for the last 2 weeks of November.
Sponsored

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So I've seen this number batted around for awhile now. It simply doesn't match up with the # of scheduled builds, or the VIN #s currently allocated. Before today's scheduling, there were already tracked VINs in the high 8,000 range, scheduled as soon as 10/4 (multiple VINs in this range/week). Now Ford is doing some shuffling of orders, so the VINs don't 100% align to the build week, however overall these number ranges should be indicative of where built inventory will be at, at that point in time.

I saw reference to VINs as high as the 14K range as well in today's scheduling discussion, which is only through 11/8.

So what gives? Are these 2 numbers only related to Hybrid builds? That I could see making a lot more sense, otherwise, they simply seem wrong.

I got the build email today for the week of November the 8th for my Maverick XLT Hybrid.

My VIN ends with 18742

Stock411

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Is the spray in bed-liner still a commodity add-on? my dealer is stating there's no such thing as the spray in liner causing delays

brnpttmn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ouch. Only 6% Hybrids.
Keep in mind that's a specific dealer. Currently, the Reddit tracking doc has 51 entries for 9/16 with 21 hybrids (41%)*

*This is up from about 29% hybrid for all previous scheduling on the reddit tracker.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Unforgiven

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alto blue hybrid lariat maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I did not receive a build date today but I did talk with my dealer. I ordered a hybrid lux 360 on 7/19. My dealer said that a customer that placed an identical order the week before me got on the schedule today with an 11/9 build date. Apparently I am next on their list at the dealership so fingers crossed for next week. Not holding my breath but it was at least some sort of information.

MDRN

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Maverick Lariat First Edition Hybrid Rapid Red
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ok, running through this about the VIN numbers again. It's been stated before but here's a technical break down of how they work.

https://auto.howstuffworks.com/buying-selling/vin.htm

Pay close attention to this line in the explanation:

" Since each manufacturer has a different code, and each car produced by the same factory has its own production sequence number, every car produced in a given year has a unique VIN. "

It states "each car produced" not each model.

This means that any other vehicles produced in that plant receive their VIN in the same sequence. Ex: Your VIN ending in 00001 and the next ending in 02543 do not mean that every one of the 2,542 vehicles in between are all Mavericks. It just means that the first was #1 to receive a VIN from that factory and the other is #2543 to receive a VIN from that factory. In between could be any of the vehicles produced in that plant by Ford, including the Bronco Sport.

Portcqb

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT Lux 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I did not receive a build date today but I did talk with my dealer. I ordered a hybrid lux 360 on 7/19. My dealer said that a customer that placed an identical order the week before me got on the schedule today with an 11/9 build date. Apparently I am next on their list at the dealership so fingers crossed for next week. Not holding my breath but it was at least some sort of information.
Did the dealer mention if they still had allocations left after today if they don't it's likely next month like my Ecoboost will be without a miracle.

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Keep in mind that's a specific dealer. Currently, the Reddit tracking doc has 51 entries for 9/16 with 21 hybrids (41%)*

*This is up from about 29% hybrid for all previous scheduling on the reddit tracker.
The Ouch was for those who ordered Hybrids from that dealer. They may be waiting a long time to get selected for a build.

Unforgiven

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alto blue hybrid lariat maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Did the dealer mention if they still had allocations left after today if they don't it's likely next month like my Ecoboost will be without a miracle.
Not sure on that. Either way I’m hopefully looking at a November or December build date.

Sponsored

Packer Bill

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-5
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ok, running through this about the VIN numbers again. It's been stated before but here's a technical break down of how they work.

https://auto.howstuffworks.com/buying-selling/vin.htm

Pay close attention to this line in the explanation:

" Since each manufacturer has a different code, and each car produced by the same factory has its own production sequence number, every car produced in a given year has a unique VIN. "

It states "each car produced" not each model.

This means that any other vehicles produced in that plant receive their VIN in the same sequence. Ex: Your VIN ending in 00001 and the next ending in 02543 do not mean that every one of the 2,542 vehicles in between are all Mavericks. It just means that the first was #1 to receive a VIN from that factory and the other is #2543 to receive a VIN from that factory. In between could be any of the vehicles produced in that plant by Ford, including the Bronco Sport.
Thank you for this information. This could explain such high VINs and lower Mavericks being built.

Loisrose

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lois
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That was the scheduling note for last week scheduling. Hopefully that is not the message we see this next week.

The Brand Manager said that message was in error although I didn't see any Hybrids schedule Thursday, so not sure. Can't wait to see what they say Tuesday.
that's what I ordered, nothing extra, just the basics, I'm hoping that it arrives by Christmas with a big red bow but I haven't heard a thing, ordered 8/18/ in Las Vegas

camarox

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro, Spitfire, Camaro, Ranger
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
@Dealerinsider Any idea how many have been scheduled? I assume you guys are burning through allocations the first week of each month.

adawalli

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Explorer Platinum, 2010 Toyota Prius 3
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
@Dealerinsider Any idea how many have been scheduled? I assume you guys are burning through allocations the first week of each month.
I emailed him about this today - if he responds and if it's ok with him, I will share results back here