Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Well it’s been about a year now since I ordered a 23 XLT Hybrid Area 51 with no extras. My rollover 24 is a silver lariat hybrid and I was very excited. Well this past week one of our vehicles got into an accident and was totaled so I needed a vehicle quick.
While looking I noticed Carmax in Des Moines had a 23 XLT hybrid in Area 51, low miles, but asking $35,500. I scheduled a test drive-haven’t been able to sit in one before. I wasn’t impressed and ended up buying a 2024 Buick Envista ST for a little more than my original Maverick order was going to cost. So what to do now?

I am only hoping my build date for my24 lariat will be late next year. Not going to cancel unless resale goes way down! But can’t afford it right now, I will probably get a build date email tomorrow. Oh well

Jackovalltrades

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Atlas
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well it’s been about a year now since I ordered a 23 XLT Hybrid Area 51 with no extras. My rollover 24 is a silver lariat hybrid and I was very excited. Well this past week one of our vehicles got into an accident and was totaled so I needed a vehicle quick.
While looking I noticed Carmax in Des Moines had a 23 XLT hybrid in Area 51, low miles, but asking $35,500. I scheduled a test drive-haven’t been able to sit in one before. I wasn’t impressed and ended up buying a 2024 Buick Envista ST for a little more than my original Maverick order was going to cost. So what to do now?

I am only hoping my build date for my24 lariat will be late next year. Not going to cancel unless resale goes way down! But can’t afford it right now, I will probably get a build date email tomorrow. Oh well
Curious as to exactly what aspect(s) you were unimpressed with.

gwrace14651

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

You can always trade the Buick in on the Mav. But if and when the Mav gets scheduled you have a decision to make. The dealer will probably just take your COVP ordered truck and put it into inventory with a markup.

Sponsored

40caliber

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
forty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
awd
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Yeah wonderful i get no emails so will never get a text either. i stopped by the dealer today and asked the salesman about it. He has a mav ordered also, no emails for him. he acted like he doesn't want to creat waves there so i'll never get any of the above. i stopped by last week when he was off and talked to another salesman and the guy at the desk that enters the orders. they never heard of conf emails etc. acted like i was a bit of a nutter with a wild imagination i thought.

Lonnie gee

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lonnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda and rav4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
As I have sadly learned, allocations are king.
The dealer told me that there were plenty.
Apparently, a car dealer lied to a customer.
Shocking, I say.
Shocking.
Dang why the priority set at 2 , if the allocations are still hanging over being built ? some of these dealers have no allocation, but lots of MY23 orders. are you kidding me? I have an XL and I say once again, my dealer ordered incorrect order an XLT in my name and it got scheduled the first week so now he’s got a truck to sell stock on his lot
Sure said , I didn’t have to take it that’s nice but if it’s an allocation problem, it took my place perhaps for my XL being built anyway, I hope to be scheduled tomorrow

TxIsHome

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 stick shift Ranger, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

TxIsHome

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 stick shift Ranger, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sponsored

Jman79

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saturn Vue, Honda Odessey, Ford Maverick 🤞MY24
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yeah wonderful i get no emails so will never get a text either. i stopped by the dealer today and asked the salesman about it. He has a mav ordered also, no emails for him. he acted like he doesn't want to creat waves there so i'll never get any of the above. i stopped by last week when he was off and talked to another salesman and the guy at the desk that enters the orders. they never heard of conf emails etc. acted like i was a bit of a nutter with a wild imagination i thought.
Interesting because the guy who does orders at my dealership e-mailed me when mine was entered with my order attached and explicitly said "you should get a confirmation E-mail from ford too, let me know if you dont".

I'll let you make your own assumptions about your dealer with this knowledge 🙂.

Huchipapa

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01 Trooper; '04 9-3; '13 Outback; '24 Mav Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Went by my dealer Saturday to drop the trifold bed cover since that was the only ongoing constraint I could see. Sales person said they had plenty of allocations. Sales person was going to turn the order change in to their data person Monday. Reached out Tuesday, said the order person urged me to give it another few weeks since I was at a Priority 01. (Oddly enough the trifold is available at the dealer…); ok, we’ll see. Meanwhile I test drove the CRV hybrid. Very impressed. I’ll be in a new car by Christmas regardless….

webdude85

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Corolla
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
When do the schedule emails usually hit 👀
Sponsored