First Name
tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Mariner 85 Ranger 97 T-bird 87 Sable
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I just got to the part in the vehicle where you mention the bigger battery for Start/Stop - in your experience how often are there hardware/electrical issues with this system? I've heard people say they had to replace the battery or alternator every two years, but this was years ago when they first came out (and not with Ford).

I'm eyeballing that $99 plug-in device to disable A.S.S. (Auto-Start-Stop, who comes up with these acronyms...) but may wait and see.
A brother had am almost brand-new Jeep Gladiator with Start/Stop. It was disabled by the ECM/BCM because the second battery(for S/S only?) was defective.
A Ford tech indicated on YT that if you allow the main battery(on a Ford) to become discharged, then S/S will be disabled on that vehicle until physically reset(dash controls/steering wheel controls/???) after the battery is re-charged or replaced. The plug-in in that case is not actually necessary, I figure. I do not know if Forscan and a dongle can disable/enable S/S.
tom
Sponsored

FORD BOSS ME

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
Undecided
Just wanted to say I appreciate the videos and input you have - only halfway through the walk-through video but I'll check the rest as well.. Don't let the negative people get to you.

I also chose Hot Pepper Red and really like how it looks in this video.

My current vehicle (Subaru Crosstrek) had around 50 miles on it when I bought it new - sub-20 is amazing in my mind.

I just got to the part in the vehicle where you mention the bigger battery for Start/Stop - in your experience how often are there hardware/electrical issues with this system? I've heard people say they had to replace the battery or alternator every two years, but this was years ago when they first came out (and not with Ford).

I'm eyeballing that $99 plug-in device to disable A.S.S. (Auto-Start-Stop, who comes up with these acronyms...) but may wait and see.
This is not the case generally, batteries in the auto start stop are typically AGM and Or can take More abuse and the components now are much more rigid and can take the abuse

I've never seen a electrical failure or replacement due to auto start stop

Last edited:

FORD BOSS ME

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
Undecided
No offense but this seems like a fluff PR vid. I saw one a ways back where a mechanic looked at the Bronco Sport (which seems fairly similar to the Mav to me in terms of engine, undercarriage quality etc) and he just tore it up, basically implied it was cheap junk, and kept sarcastically noting it was "not a real Bronco". Not saying either was right or wrong but this not much of a critical look under the hood. I would like to see something more negatively slanted at the Mav like that just to learn more.
Just remind me when you need help that I'm not critical and negative enough for you and I'll simply not respond

Sorry for doing my job and not finding reasons to unnecessarily bash something that didn't need bashing

I gave a thorough review and was honest in all ways

Be Blessed

MattIngram

First Name
Deleteme
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Deleteme
I actually made a video response to this on my channel, there was another gentleman that came to my channel and I had to block him because he was being very negative about the process that I went through and it was only a professional process with their customers best interests in mind

Ford parts and service have always treated us well, over the years. Probably the best part of the dealership model. It doesn’t mean that I won’t give them a hard time on a unable to duplicate but certainly nothing unusual in the review. In fact, it’s kinda sorta the initial part of the relationship, making sure my vehicle is safe and nothing got overlooked, like the overfilled transmission fluid, lol. I may however do the opposite and complain if my tech didn’t do a road test and just gave something a cannot duplicate and moved on.

FORD BOSS ME

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
Undecided
A brother had am almost brand-new Jeep Gladiator with Start/Stop. It was disabled by the ECM/BCM because the second battery(for S/S only?) was defective.
A Ford tech indicated on YT that if you allow the main battery(on a Ford) to become discharged, then S/S will be disabled on that vehicle until physically reset(dash controls/steering wheel controls/???) after the battery is re-charged or replaced. The plug-in in that case is not actually necessary, I figure. I do not know if Forscan and a dongle can disable/enable S/S.
tom
That Ford Tech was ME

Customer came in, mad as he'll auto start stop stopped working and I was like WHATTTTTT? Couldn't believe he was bad

Let the battery drain to many times and needed a BMS reset that you CAN indeed do with forscan

RESET bms and now auto start stop works

Sponsored

JoeEd

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thoroughly appreciate the candid review. Thank you. Can't imagine anyone being so negative about an honest review and assessment of a new product. Learned about the hood release that maybe the dealer would have pointed out or I would have read in the manual (hope there is a physical one), but reading about that ahead of time in itself, saved me some time. So, thanks again, and will look forward to any additional videos you post. Merry Christmas.

slooose42

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra 5.7 4wheel drive
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
WHAT? What the heck is a matter with you? You mean you go to work to work not loaf around and b.s.? Well sir, you can check my automobile out any time you want to, in fact I would be honored to have you do that. I would feel more secure with my vehicle after you checked it out than just hopping into it after some sales person just brought it out to me. So, BS to all those nay-sayers and just keep up the good work. Just know this from one who knows; no matter how good you are or how hard you try there is going to somebody that has a complaint. Just remember, crap happen then you die and somebody gets your stuff.

Sponsored

Grunkster

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 lariat powerboost
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
as you guys can see i keep waffling on color. I first ordered iconic silver, now have changed to alto blue thinking it will look best with the brown lariat seats?! Thoughts? I still dig cg as well

clavicus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
as you guys can see i keep waffling on color. I first ordered iconic silver, now have changed to alto blue thinking it will look best with the brown lariat seats?! Thoughts? I still dig cg as well
AltoBlue and Lariat interior looks amazing to me. I got A51 but I think I would also have been totally happy with Alto Blue. I guess my personal mindset was that I wanted a slightly “happier” color after having a drab old car for so long, but AB looks so good with the interior combo. Can’t lose!

Benson

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Benson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yes. Checking for any unusual behavior or noises that QA might have missed or from damage in transit. Wouldn't you be more put off if on your first test drive the vehicle immediately had a noticeable thunking or some other fault?
Sponsored