Sponsored

Maverick production starts today... on roads in 3-6 weeks?

starquestbd22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Today is the first day of actual production, right? If the average time from build to delivery applies, does that mean we can expect stock units to be at dealers (and possibly on the road if they sell right away) in the next 3-6 weeks?

Also, is the week of September 13th the first week scheduled for retail production? So owners could possibly be receiving trucks as early as the first-middle of October?
Sponsored

Rkbrumbelow

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HCH2, Hybrid XLT on order
First ones theoretically are due for release Sept15 or close. I expect a limited number to hit that target. At least enough to generate some hype. Unless you mean non-BTO aka retail then No they will be fulfilled after all the BTOs

OP
OP
starquestbd22

starquestbd22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
The way I understood it, no one that we have heard from has received a customer retail ordered production week before Sept 13th. But production is supposed to start today. So the assumption was that whatever is produced between now and then would be stock (non customer ordered dealer units). This was how it was explained that dealers would probably have stock units on the lot before customer ordered retail units started delivering.

I'm not saying that's correct or not...just sharing what has been put out there and wondering if it's true, should we expect to be able to find Mavs on dealer lots in the next 3-6 weeks.

Mav

First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Maverick
Hope so. Would like to try to check one out before I take delivery

Pairof98s

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ram 1500, 2020 4Runner
The way I understood it, no one that we have heard from has received a customer retail ordered production week before Sept 13th. But production is supposed to start today. So the assumption was that whatever is produced between now and then would be stock (non customer ordered dealer units). This was how it was explained that dealers would probably have stock units on the lot before customer ordered retail units started delivering.

I'm not saying that's correct or not...just sharing what has been put out there and wondering if it's true, should we expect to be able to find Mavs on dealer lots in the next 3-6 weeks.
Interesting... I just got notified this morning by the dealer that I am scheduled for week of 9/13. So I am in the early production after all. A different dealer told me he was notified of a couple of stock units that were coming ahead of his retail orders. From a quality control standpoint, I am OK with not being the earliest.

Sponsored

FAN2PLAYER

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

If today starts the production of the new Mavericks, I could see them as the units they'll use for testing.

OP
OP
starquestbd22

starquestbd22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Interesting... I just got notified this morning by the dealer that I am scheduled for week of 9/13. So I am in the early production after all. A different dealer told me he was notified of a couple of stock units that were coming ahead of his retail orders. From a quality control standpoint, I am OK with not being the earliest.
I'm not saying that 09/13 will be the first week of retail order production but as far as I know, that's the earliest of what has been reported here, on FB, or in the Reddit group. What you have heard seems to fit with the above info I posted then. And yes, I'm with you on being okay with not being in the first batch.

@fordvideoguy When are you expecting (or guessing, lol) to see your first stock units?

ElMaverick

First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3
Engine
Undecided
I just want a rolling chassis to be dropped off at my dealer so I can sit in It, it's the only thing holding me back from parting with my money

fordvideoguy

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.long-mcarthur.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2021 Ford Bronco
Engine
Undecided
I'm not saying that 09/13 will be the first week of retail order production but as far as I know, that's the earliest of what has been reported here, on FB, or in the Reddit group. What you have heard seems to fit with the above info I posted then. And yes, I'm with you on being okay with not being in the first batch.

@fordvideoguy When are you expecting (or guessing, lol) to see your first stock units?
I think the first stock units are starting to build this week, so 4-6 weeks (Late Sept/Oct)

OP
OP
starquestbd22

starquestbd22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
I think the first stock units are starting to build this week, so 4-6 weeks (Late Sept/Oct)
Thanks. By the way, I didn't mean to imply that you are guessing at things, lol. I just meant that I know even educated expectations are subject to Ford's ultimate control.
Sponsored