TSAINTS1115

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Let me ask everyone a question. Has anyone ever put together plastic models? If you have, did you apply the decals? Do you even know how the decals work? For those that don't, the decals are a tin layer of film that is on white paper. You have to place the decals in water to remove them from the paper. They are very thin and flimsy and break easily if you're not careful. What do you think the Ford decals are made of?
Funny if making a joke. Sad if serious.
Sponsored

projectvortex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
Undecided
My 2018 FX

my 2018 F150 with FX4 decals has been through multiple different car washes many many time without any decals peeling off. Based on what I’m reading on this website and on Facebook the build quality of this Maverick truck is shit.
This is indeed true! The interweb is a source of all things Truthful!! Believe everything you read out there Maverick peeps!!!

Pogeegitz

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Expedition Max XLT, 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
From what I hear, there are a lot of fake rumors out there made up by people who don’t own this truck claiming the truck is made of shit. Some speak through their ass.
That, and folks making mountains out of mole hills. It sucks for the OP and I hope Ford takes care of it, but one or two bad apples doesn't constitute a systemic issue. In the internet age we've become so accustomed to taking one-off examples as gospel.

I've washed my truck three times (all touchless) with no issues so far.

LowPSI

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
The stickers mentioned in this thread only say "steal me" to thieves. I am certainly not a fan of stickers, especially if they put a sign on the truck that says it is a premium version. Had a car stolen years ago and it was not a fun experience. Best to lay low and fly under the radar of thieves.

Sponsored

Naranjita

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
NAH-RON-EE-TAH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I can tell you when I removed my OEM FX4 decals, they had a weird texture. They felt stiff, somewhat brittle and old like a decal that had been in the sun for years. They also were unnecessarily thick. It looked vibrant, just a weird feel to them.

The FX4 decals from Etsy that I replaced them with, were thinner, softer and super adhesive. Three touchless car washes, two high pressure washes from the self wash car wash and once with my home pressure washer, no issues with the replacements.

Maybe a bad batch or run from the supplier from Ford? New supplier? The way they chip or flake off is weird. Being so new, you would think if they were coming off first they would start to delaminate a little from the edge. The fact they just are breaking off seems to mean they are brittle and not malleable like most decals.

Weird, weird.

Last edited:

Frogcereal

First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
In my opinion just take them off. They make the truck look cheap. I plan on taking my decals of as soon a I get my truck any
ways

93nighthawk

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Transit 150, 97 Aerostar AWD, future XLT FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It looks like Ford is aware of the issue and is legalizing out of the problem.

GENERAL SERVICE BULLETIN
Various Vehicles - Tape Stripe Concern Analysis
22-7020
28 January 2022​
Summary

This article supersedes GSB 20-7006 to update the vehicle model years affected.
This article is designed to provide examples of tape stripe conditions to assist in determining if the condition is warrantable / non-warrantable. Refer to the latest version of the Warranty and Policy Manual for the latest mirror warranty coverage.
Use this article to assist in determining warrantable tape stripe concerns.

Service Information
NOTE: hand washing the vehicle is preferred, however, pressure washing may be used under the following conditions:
• Do not use water pressure higher than 2,000 psi (14,000 kPa)
• Do not use water hotter than 82°C (179°F)
• Use a spray with a 40° wide spray angle pattern
• Keep the nozzle at a 305 mm (12 in) distance and 90° angle to the vehicle's surface
• Holding the pressure washer nozzle at an angle to the vehicle's surface may damage graphics and cause the edges to peel away from the vehicle's surface
Non-warrantable Conditions
• High pressure water damage
• Stone chips, scratches
• Road salt, tree sap
• Bird and bee droppings
• Damage, burns, soil marks, cuts, scratches, scuffs, tears or punctures
• Damage due to chemicals, solvents, or use of non-Ford approved cleaners
• Non-factory installed or aftermarket graphics
Warranty Conditions
• Bubble
• Peel
• Iron oxide (rail dust) or acid rain
NOTE: although not a factory defect, damage caused by airborne material / environmental fallout damage (such as rail dust or acid rain) to the exterior finish has limited coverage according to the Warranty and Policy Manual.

NotAnonymous

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

GENERAL SERVICE BULLETIN
22-7020
28 January 2022​
Summary

This article is designed to provide examples of tape stripe conditions to assist in determining if the condition is warrantable / non-warrantable. Refer to the latest version of the Warranty and Policy Manual for the latest mirror warranty coverage.

Service Information
NOTE: hand washing the vehicle is preferred, however, pressure washing may be used under the following conditions:

Warranty Conditions

NOTE: although not a factory defect, damage caused by airborne material / environmental fallout damage (such as rail dust or acid rain) to the exterior finish has limited coverage according to the Warranty and Policy Manual.
Might be the final straw for me - might just go ahead and ask my dealer to safely remove them upon delivery.

Sponsored

OleFordGuy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Lariat, Expedition Limited, 22 Mav Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

GENERAL SERVICE BULLETIN
22-7020
28 January 2022​
Summary

Service Information

Warranty Conditions

Seems to me that a Cheap cop-out from Ford. I don't recall seeing anything like that in the warranty of my older Ford products I currently drive, one being a 4X4 F150 with the factory stickers on the sides of the bed.

I would be ticked off I had paid the extra charges for the "First Edition" only to have the peel off and Ford just blow it off as not their problem.

pnorwood54

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ALTO BLUE XTL AWD-4K-FX4-360
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I don’t want the FX4 decals and plan on removing them. Will a hair dryer work okay instead of a heat gun?
it did for me

Blessedintx

First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape

GENERAL SERVICE BULLETIN
22-7020
28 January 2022​
Summary

Service Information

Warranty Conditions

Well, I guess that about covers it for Ford.

WasChops

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz Ltd + Maverick Lariat Hybr
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
As a FE order guy (don't have it yet), that's...less than stellar and worrisome.
Yes it is, I am comfortably driving a new Santa Cruz Limited ($45k out the door) and may cancel my orders with FORD - are you listening FORD?? = F-cked Over Retail Deceptive
Sponsored