Finnster

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy's
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I don’t think it’s an age thing. A lot of GFC owners tend to be older. I just think for those that don’t see the value of this set up, it doesn’t fit their lifestyle, which there is nothing wrong with. Very few products are made for everyone. So yes, it still checks the box for old codgers. You just might need to crawl out of the tent at night to pee 😂
I call those "the good old days!";)
Sponsored

TedTX

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My road trip tea then Pee bottle
They seal great and can be carried around without suspicious looks, do mark the pee bottle. Never leave the bed car camping with this setup. It’s got a wide opening for those who G-d blessed in that area.

STUFF2C

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
j
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bunch
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
gator "aid" bottle quart size for impressing the ladies ;)

stoptothink

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 VW jetta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I guess I just don't understand the appeal of camping up on the roof of a truck. I have to pee at least once or twice per night and I imagine it would suck to use a ladder. For less than $1,000 I can get a very nice four person Backpackers tent and a top of the line inflatable camping mattress pad or tent cot. And I've never owned a tent that I can't set up or tear down in less than 15 minutes.

I mean I guess my setup wouldn't look as #overland or #instagrammable but I think it would work just the same.

Not trying to be rude can somebody just explain this to me?
I'm with you, a rooftop tent is the new status symbol around here for soccer moms with 4-runners that have never left pavement. We camp a lot, and cost aside (keep in mind, most setups cost several times all our family's camping and mountaineering gear) I just don't really see the benefits and there are certainly some unavoidable negatives. But, OP's setup does look pretty awesome and good on them for getting use out of it; most people I know with rooftop tents have literally never used them.

Last edited:

Sholtzy92

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick FX4 4kTow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Damn I absolutely love this, I am so torn on so many different build options haha I need to get a second mav

Sponsored

OP
OP

DrIllyich

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Maverick XLT: lux and fx4 package
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just to bump this thread, still loving the vehicle/camper! GFC used my vehicle yesterday to test fit their topper. Looks clean! Panels are raw and not powder coated, but it flows very nicely with the rest of the vehicle.
Ford Maverick Maverick Overland Build w/ Go Fast Camper | Fifteen52 | Toyo AT 6E499E99-E810-4DD5-B5D2-56E2500AB8B4

OP
OP

DrIllyich

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Maverick XLT: lux and fx4 package
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Wanted to provide an update on the truck. I added the Cobb Accessport and am running the 91 and TCM Sport tune. The power difference is quite noticeable even with my bigger tires. Very little turbo lag and power is effortless once up to speed—very enjoyable driving in the mountains.

Another benefit of the Cobb system is reprogramming the tire size to accurately reflect MPG and MPH. This is a normal city/hwy drive for me and the fuel economy is still excellent despite running the 245 tires and the camper 😉

Since I am a little over 10k miles, I am going to change the fluid on the PTU and RDU. It’s cheap insurance to change the fluid and I am curious how it looks.

My only gripe with the XLT Lux is not having keyless entry with the door handles and push button start. If I come across a MSRP deal on a Lariat, will likely make the jump.

Ford Maverick Maverick Overland Build w/ Go Fast Camper | Fifteen52 | Toyo AT A3E06A29-8C70-48F2-9E5D-0109D59E365E

Last edited:
Reactions: bgn

pickupdude

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just to bump this thread, still loving the vehicle/camper! GFC used my vehicle yesterday to test fit their topper. Looks clean! Panels are raw and not powder coated, but it flows very nicely with the rest of the vehicle.
6E499E99-E810-4DD5-B5D2-56E2500AB8B4.jpeg
post pics when its done. are they only making it one height? would love if it cleared the antenna. these are the best looking shells on the mav by far. 🤙

Sponsored

Radman73

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Porsche Boxster
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Love the look of this and can see both sides. All about what works for you. Really love this.

Kottonwood

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thanks for all the info in the camper. I am strongly considering one of these. You said you just removed the antenna. Does the effect your ability to remote start the truck with the cell phone app? I have a stubby antenna. Would that fit? Thanks!
Sponsored