Catmandu

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
How late is late availability? Are we talking into Q1 2022? Or late this year November/December?
I had ordered the splash guards, but may delete those from the order if it means waiting a long time for the build?
I got a call from my salesperson on the splash guards. He said they would order them separately and install later... seems like an odd thing to be late, but I think it sb ok, rather than delay the build. I mean... who knows what the ETA for them would be.
Sponsored

SpacemanSpiff

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tyreese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-15 Eagle
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I got a call from my salesperson on the splash guards. He said they would order them separately and install later... seems like an odd thing to be late, but I think it sb ok, rather than delay the build. I mean... who knows what the ETA for them would be.
My guess is that a supplier is making them for Ford and the supplier is having issues meeting Ford’s schedule. I did have them removed from my build, and may have them installed later, or maybe look at the eventual aftermarket versions.

UberGadgetFreak

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Marauder, 21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
06/18/2021
  • Paint Protection Film not available on the First Edition
I am curious about this. My dealership let me order mine (Rapid Red, 'Nuff Said) with this option. Is it not available at all now, or just another Late Availability item? I am OK with Late availability as I kind of want it delayed until at least September 15th anyway :)

WhoAmI2021

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 6S Wagon, E250, Kia Soul
Hello all, has anyone attempted to order the 110V/400W Outlet on a Lariat Hybrid? I do not want the Luxury package. I tried to place my order today, but the dealer is telling me that they cannot add that to the order.

SpacemanSpiff

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tyreese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-15 Eagle
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hello all, has anyone attempted to order the 110V/400W Outlet on a Lariat Hybrid? I do not want the Luxury package. I tried to place my order today, but the dealer is telling me that they cannot add that to the order.
I tried to order with XLT, was told it required the lux pkg as well.

Sponsored

WhoAmI2021

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I tried to order with XLT, was told it required the lux pkg as well.
Thanks- I am just going to remove it and use a stand alone inverter when needed.

BeardedK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You can add the in cab inverter to any model for $150, if you want the bed mounted option you'll need to get one of the lux packages. I wish Ford would've made both outlets optional equipment without the need for a luxury package, but it's not a deal breaker. I'm planning on ordering an inverter and may wire it into one of the 12V taps in the back.

Wire4money

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Wrangler
Engine
Undecided
You can add the in cab inverter to any model for $150, if you want the bed mounted option you'll need to get one of the lux packages. I wish Ford would've made both outlets optional equipment without the need for a luxury package, but it's not a deal breaker. I'm planning on ordering an inverter and may wire it into one of the 12V taps in the back.
You won’t be able to power a very large inverter with a 20a stub. The 400w likely takes 40 or so amps.

Jukebox Nero

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Maverick Lariat Alto Blue FX4 4k 2.0 EB
You won’t be able to power a very large inverter with a 20a stub. The 400w likely takes 40 or so amps.
33.3 Amps at 12 VDC for a 400W circuit.

On that note, does anyone know if the inside and outside outlet are on the same circuit, or can we only pull 3.3A max combined between the 2?

BeardedK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You're right, but it'll be enough to do what I want to do with it; namely power an inflator or battery charger and run some LED's. I'm not in construction so I don't need to run any hardcore power tools. If I need that, a nice inverter generator would fit the bill and you can use it away from the truck/transfer it to another vehicle.

Sponsored

Wire4money

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Wrangler
Engine
Undecided
33.3 Amps at 12 VDC for a 400W circuit.

On that note, does anyone know if the inside and outside outlet are on the same circuit, or can we only pull 3.3A max combined between the 2?
Your calculation would be correct if the inverter is 100% efficient. That’s why I say 40 or so.

Jukebox Nero

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Maverick Lariat Alto Blue FX4 4k 2.0 EB
Your calculation would be correct if the inverter is 100% efficient. That’s why I say 40 or so.

Fair enough, but a 400W at 83.25% efficiency would hit exactly 40A. It should be easy enough to find one that is at least 85% efficient, which would make the 40A large enough. And, of course, there aren't any 33.3A fuses that I am aware of, so 40A is probably what Ford used with a 90ish% efficient inverter. Of course, I am just guessing.

I still would like to know if the people with an inside and outside outlet have dual inverters, or a single circuit.

WhoAmI2021

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That is what I had thought, but the first dealer said they couldn't seem to add it or some reason- they came back and offered the Luxury Package, which I turned down. They were then reaching out to their Ford rep. So I sent the request to a different dealer and they had no problem ordering it with the in-cab inverter. I placed the order this morning- now waiting on the confirmation email from them and Ford.

TheShark

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick Lariat Tremor, 2023 Bronco Wildtrak
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I have a problem with Ford advertising the Lux Pkg at $3340 then carrying the bottom line to $3880. The B&P states "included" under the CP360 pkg and the price for the lux is quoted at $3340 still. Seems deceptive to me to have it state included but carry the add on price over in the final build price.

B&P system even says if you try to remove the Lux pkg its removing $3880 from the order. :unsure: Shady
It's not unusual for auto makers to do this, requiring one package to get another but I would agree with you, just be upfront and include it in the price of Lux package since you can't get it without CP360.

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The "Bedliner Hard Drop-in" is also showing Late Availability.

I have dropped this from my order along with the Splash Guards. I added the Removable Bed Mat to protect the bed bottom until the Bedliner Hard Drop-in is available from Ford Parts.
Sponsored