Sponsored

Maverick or midsize hybrid SUV? (2023 Kia Sportage) What has more cargo space?

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Scott,
Your still comparing a truck (although compact) to an SUV. They have different uses and are capable of doing things the other can't, or shouldn't.
A dead horse beaten is still dead a dead horse :(
Its called tenderizing.
Sponsored

Scupking

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
A few examples. The F-150 has 77.4 cubic ft... The current Ford Ranger has 43.3 cubic ft. The Hyundai Santa cruz has 27 cubic ft. If you compared it equally like a truck bed I bet that Kia would be only around 15-20 cubic ft. Also remember with the tail gate down on the maverick you gain an extra 2 feet of length. So now you have around 53 cubic ft of space. Though truthfully with trucks it's almost unlimited since you can cary longer and much taller items.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Lonnied94

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lonnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150, but interested in For Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
A few examples. The F-150 has 77.4 cubic ft... The current Ford Ranger has 43.3 cubic ft. The Hyundai Santa cruz has 27 cubic ft. If you compared it equally like a truck bed I bet that Kia would be only around 15-20 cubic ft. Also remember with the tail gate down on the maverick you gain an extra 2 feet of length. So now you have around 53 cubic ft of space. Though truthfully with trucks it's almost unlimited since you can cary longer and much taller items.
This was actually my thought as well, If I add a bed extender, and stack higher than the rails then I could actually have just as much room as my F-150. I'm wondering if they make a bungee type cargo Net that will stretch and cover everything on the Maverick Bed with tailgate down and hold it in place. Something like this will allow you to safely stack above the bed rails

BenGalFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 VW Jetta GLI
Iā€™m in this same dilemma. I had ordered a maverick xlt eco with all the packages back in January and never heard anything from ford or the dealer about getting scheduled for 22. So I recently test drove a sportage EX hybrid and loved the smoothness and almost luxury interior and large info screens.
So I just put and order in for one and was told probably October or November at the latest for delivery. I was now trying to decide if I wanted to reorder the 23 maverick, get the 1750 discount for having a 22 unscheduled order and then flipping it for profit. I contacted the dealer and they said they were confused since my 22 order is scheduled for build 10/31. šŸ˜³šŸ˜³
Soooo. Now I have even more of a dilemma. The 23 maverick was actually going to be cheaper for me since I wasnā€™t going to add the Ala carte items back in that they removed from the xlt lux package like bed liner, cargo rails or remote start.
Ive never owned a truck and have a top of the line 2012 Jetta GLI now with heated leather seats, push button start and keyless entry, nav, etc. so I feel like the mav is going to feel like a downgrade in luxury vs my 10 yr old car I have now. Basically I was only interested in it for the open bed and since all the guys in my family have trucks. Wanted to join the club. But I feel personally, that I would rather drive the sportage and enjoy all the tech it offers since Iā€™m a techy nerd at heart and professionally.
this whole experience has reminded me why I keep my vehicles for 10+ years as itā€™s stressful enough deciding on a vehicle, and even harder not knowing if/when you can actually receive something.
thanks for all the insight already stated in this thread and looking forward to reading any future replies.
Regardless which I decide, I think Iā€™m swapping out tires for some falken wildpeak trails for the more rugged look. From what Iā€™ve read, they donā€™t add much noise or take away any gas mileage vs standard all seasons.

riverrat373

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Escape, 2009 Ford f150 Supercab 4x4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So, lets be realistic here, the maverick is small, offering only 33 cubic foot of cargo space in the bed. The 2023 kia sportage hybrid offers 74 cubic foot of cargo space total. Am I missing something here or does it seem that a midsize SUV might actually offer more practicality than a maverick? The ground clearance is about the same, and you can get an AWD hybrid with the Kia Sportage. The towing capacity is very low in both vehicles, so there isn't much difference there, but with a roof rack on the sportage for hauling larger items, the sportage might actually have more to offer...... What is everyones thoughts? I have always been a truck person, but I mainly just need to haul camping gear and luggage, every now and then a surfboard or larger items, but I want good fuel economy for my daily commute. The new sportage does look really nice
Are you going to carry a load of gravel or barkdust IN the Corolla?:giggle:

BenGalFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 VW Jetta GLI
Are you going to carry a load of gravel or barkdust IN the Corolla?:giggle:
Definitely NOT!!. but with a towing capacity of 2K on a Sportage Hybrid, could do easily in a small trailer. Which I would need anyway to tow my 4 Wheeler.
Sponsored