Sponsored

Thrillhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I ordered mine in October, 2.0 eco boost with the tow package. How do I find out build times. Dealers told me 8 weeks. Is this true?
I had two dealers tell me 6-8 weeks but I don't think that will happen. I'm assuming at least 6-8 weeks before it even goes into production and then however long it takes to build and ship.
Sponsored

Flat Tooth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Only 1/4 of Maverick sales are to people 18-35? Id say they really missed their targeted sales demographic.
Speaking as someone in that demographic this car is still just barely in my price range. This IS the first car targeted at me that I felt “oh that’s something I could maybe get” (and then I did haha). I think ultimately though these companies have to contend with the fact that most folks don’t make enough money to buy a new car.

Dandylion

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Honda Fit, 2007 Chev Silverado
I hope you mean't 2022 model year, produced in 2021!
Ha Ha! Yep, you got me there! Not a very good proof-reader, I guess!

hcforde

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Hawley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Insight, E350, Toyota Sequoia
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Any idea how many Mavericks are on order?

Since 14k have been built and I ordered 28 Oct, I am at the end of the line.

How many people are ahead of me?
Eco or Hybrid? If Hybrid, you may see your vehicle late spring or Summer. But it all depends on how they allocate and have inventory for each model.

BMCGC

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
65/67 Mustang 22 Santa Cruz 23 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
In middle Georgia thee are a few Mavericks on lots available for purchase.

None of them equipped as I want.

There are also quite a few that are in transit or dealer ordered, according to the dealer websites.

Sponsored

brnpttmn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Only 1/4 of Maverick sales are to people 18-35? Id say they really missed their targeted sales demographic.
According to this article, Ford has more than doubled the industry standard for sales to 18-35 year olds. Seems like they're crushing it on their target market.
But another thing is interesting – the age of the Maverick buyers. More than one-quarter of them (over 25 percent) are 18-35-year-olds, that is, Millennials and Generation Z or zoomers. For comparison, the overall industry rate for this age group is 12 percent only.

JRob964

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota Sienna, 2015 Mazda 3 (trading in)
I have yet to see one of the Mavericks wild on the street. I have seen one Santa Cruz in the wild parked in a residential driveway. I almost stopped and knocked on their door to see how they liked it. This seems strange to me because I live in a Detroit suburb where a lot of Ford employees live, and you see Broncos everywhere.
I finally saw one driving down the street near where I work in San Diego last week!

srhawg

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick, Explorer, Mustang LE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I wonder how many Mavericks are stacked up at the plant in Mexico awaiting shipping (Hybrids are my specific interest)

Meintc

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lynette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Speaking as someone in that demographic this car is still just barely in my price range. This IS the first car targeted at me that I felt “oh that’s something I could maybe get” (and then I did haha). I think ultimately though these companies have to contend with the fact that most folks don’t make enough money to buy a new car.
This is why I leased. It was a price I could afford. But since then I do have savings, after paying off my home. The monthly payment is still pretty steep. That's why until the lease it was always a used car.

Deleted member 1370

I’m definitely in that bracket for sure and am their “target” audience. But I agree it’s interesting to see that not more people my age are picking up on this vehicle. I know they got me hook line and sinker for sure. Id rather have a Maverick than a ranger pound for pound dollar for dollar for my needs 99% of the time. It seems boomers are buying it in droves. Not a bad thing just an observation

Sponsored

TruckGal

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Sharon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge and now the Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Any idea how many Mavericks are on order?

Since 14k have been built and I ordered 28 Oct, I am at the end of the line.

How many people are ahead of me?
I ordered in June and no build date yet.

Edge Haley

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Edge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PORSCHE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just an observation and comparison of the Maverick to the Honda Element market. The Element was released in 2003 at a decent price of $22,500 it was targeted by Honda for the 18-25 yr old, but even Honda was surprised that the new buyers were baby boomers (40-65). Minimalist features but durable was a tank. There are a LOT of similarities between the Maverick and Element. Hundreds from the Element Chatroom have Mavericks on order.

Fords stats don't breakdown Eco's verses Hybrids...but from raw stats in this site it appears the 40-70 yr olds may be the real primary market for the Maverick. The Element (I'm active on their website chatroom) there is like a cult following of people trying to keep their aging Element running or those looking to buy a used Element.

A total guess on the delayed Hybrid: Ford may be continuing more R&D of the Hybrid to confirm reliability (recalls are expensive for Ford) OR being delayed by shortage of hybrid components (batteries, chips, 2.5 engines, Ecvt, etc) that affect the Hybrid's production. But their has to be specific reasons for having such limited Hybrid production and not releasing production numbers for the Hybrid.

Last edited:

Suzukiridr14

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1956 THunderbird , 2016 Acura MDX (Wifes car)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I don't think you realize how many seniors are buying the Maverick hybrids. We are looking for a small truck for odd jobs, easy handling, good mileage, and can take grandkids along for the ride. Remember, house is paid for, no college to save up for, lots of spare time, and we pay "CASH" Can't wait for my fully loaded Lariat toy to be delivered!

otter101

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid Maverick XLT Lux, Nissan, Honda
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I’m 54, and wanted the hybrid for commuting. I drive 55 miles a day, my Nissan Frontier only gets 19mpg vs the possible 37 combined of the maverick plus it’s loaded, compared to my 08 Nissan. we are keeping because it’s a work trk I can haul and drive in the snow when I need 4x4. The Mavericks just look awesome.

LITH505

First Name
Anna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Consider that something like a third of those can't be sold because they're hybrids. And then probably 1/2-2/3 of those remaining Ecoboost in October are still in transit to delivery.
Mine was build on 10/07 & shipped to the Chicago suburbs. Purchased it on 11/4.
Ford Maverick Maverick October 2021 Sales & Production Numbers: 4,140 Sold / 6,755 Produced. Outsells Santa Cruz B9F8E7BD-4753-49CA-A207-E3124DEB02D5
Sponsored