Sponsored

Dandylion

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Honda Fit, 2007 Chev Silverado
Looking at the OP, it appears that the production of Ford Bronco Sports had dropped a bit in Sept and Oct, as the Maverick has ramped up. This makes sense if they are produced in the same plant. These numbers appear to show the Hermosillo plant can produce around 16K or 17K Bronco Sports and Mavericks combined monthly. However, we cannot assume the production numbers are fixed: Is it possible for Ford to add more shifts? Or get additional supply chains for needed parts, allowing Hermosillo to raise the total production numbers? There are a lot of unknowns, which makes it harder to guess/speculate on production numbers and therefore delivery dates....

I kind of take some positive hope in Tim Bartz's sharing of the dealer memo that orders placed are planned to be built "before the end of March," which means perhaps delivery of those last 2022 model year produced vehicles in April or May. Keeping my fingers crossed!!

[Edit: 2021 to 2022 model year...]
Sponsored

Last edited:

Godzilla

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Tucson
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Surprisingly I did yesterday (first one I have seen). Didn't even realize it at first. I was at a stop light and a carb gray Maverick was right in front of me. I was thinking that's a nice looking truck. Then as the light turned I realized it said Maverick on the tailgate!

brnpttmn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Wait so if I ordered from a wrong dealer in August, some one with the exact same buuld but different dealer who placed an order in let's say October, could get scheduled before me?
Yep. Pretty much. There are a bunch of people on here who ordered in June/July and watched similar builds that were ordered in September/October get scheduled before them.

2517X

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Ridgeline
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yep. Pretty much. There are a bunch of people on here who ordered in June/July and watched similar builds that were ordered in September/October get scheduled before them.
Hindsight being 20/20 I wish I would have placed 3 identical orders in July with 3 different dealers in 3 different districts, and then just taken the first one that came available. Hopefully you would get around the dealer allocation and district allocation vagaries that way.

FirstFord

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I feel like many parents over 35 would have bought it for their 18-20 year old college kids. I know my friends dad did the same.
Not in my world. I put three kids through college. Didn't buy any of them a car. If I had, it sure as hell wouldn't have been new.

Sponsored

FirstFord

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This wordplay is a bit confusing.

Do we know how many orders have actually been placed for a Maverick? no

Does an actual order have to be placed through a dealership? yes

Is there any other way to place an order? no

What is a reservation and does it impact existing or future orders? A reservation is a way for Ford to help a dealer generate and follow up on a lead. That's all it is.

Other than parts availability, what determines the order that Mavericks are built? It's a mystery

Okie from Muskogee

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volkswagen Jetta Wolfsburg Edition
With all the amazing stats coming out on the Mav Hybrid, I am excited that I am part of automotive history. Seeing lightening captured in a bottle is a feeling best enjoyed in the moment. Being part of this Mav Hybrid moment will carry me through the inevitable slog of operating and maintaining it in years to come. I will be able to look back and bask in the glow of this moment. I was there!

Last edited:

Ryan

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No car
I ordered mine in October, 2.0 eco boost with the tow package. How do I find out build times. Dealers told me 8 weeks. Is this true?

rightmuch

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have yet to see a Maverick on the road or a Bronco either.

May have passed a few Bronco Sports but they look like everything else, so I may not have noticed them.
My neighbor down the street has an Area 51 Bronco. It’s even better looking in person than pix can convey. Made that choice of color an easy one for me.

Sponsored

PriusHater

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rocketstem.org
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm confused as to who Ford is showing so much dealer inventory of the Bronco Sport and Bronco. Are those dealer demos having to remain on lots for six months or what?

Padre

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Fr. Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT w/ Lux, CP360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ordered mine in October, 2.0 eco boost with the tow package. How do I find out build times. Dealers told me 8 weeks. Is this true?
That'd be optimistic.

onetequilatwo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hybrid Lariat Maverick and 2019 RAV4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Last edited:

Broemke

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just ordered Maverick xlt hybrid
Sales of 4,00 per month is POOR. I would expect double that.
I would not have ordered mine if I could not test drive one. I was fortunate that our local dealer had one that a customer decided they did not want so they had it for test drives for 2 days.
I am guessing that a lot of people are waiting to see how things work out before they order a truck that they hve not even been able to see much less drive.