First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I like the interior. To me, a car has always been about can it get me there in a reasonable fashion at a reasonable price. I have never seen the need to spend tens of thousands more for high end vehicles. So the Maverick is right in my wheelhouse.
Sponsored

Last edited:

dalola

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sunsetridgecabinhockinghills.com
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Jessib1790

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jess
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick 2.0L eco boost 2022 AWD fx4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Size wise... I remember when there were smaller trucks on the road. By today's standards, the Mav is considered small. Considering that I can carry 4 folks comfortably and have room for the occasional odd run to Home Depot or the ability to haul almost anything that falls into my realm of necessity or desire.... I can even easily park this in a regular parking spot easily. I would consider this Urban Size or maybe better yet, My Size.. :)

Interior? With all the criticism I hear... for the price, I have no complaints. Simple, straight forward with a little panache. I like the different textures/surfaces and don't mind the orange in my XLT. Seats a really comfortable, lots of interior room with plenty of pockets and nooks. Not such a fan of the radio, but it works and screen is well placed. I use my android phone most of the time anyway so it is pretty moot.

I am not looking to be spoiled with a lot of extra fluff and technology... I think it good the way it is. I think there are too many folks wanting this to be more than it is. What is was designed for, it fits perfectly. All the extra bells and whistles add to the cost. A majority of those extras have little no appeal to me.
I totally hear you. I currently have a 2018 f 150 XLT Sport edition. Don't get me wrong I love it and it's served me well for the past 4 years but let's be real I don't use it like I could so the maverick makes sense. And to be fair with all the stuff in it, I only use android auto for the stereo lol. I have the extras in the truck and I can count on both hands how many times I've used them. Plus given the fact that there is a second truck in my household it doenst make sense to have 2 full size trucks.
But the simplistic interior actually appeals to me cause I can't use the fancy stuff while driving anyways. And if my dog dings it up so be it. I plan on driving this thing into the ground anyways.

StillWaiting

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brandyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Challenger SRT8
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ah yes, I often compare the interior of the maverick to a lucid air and Mercedes.

Whoever decided that was higher than a space shuttle.

Arby47

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
57 Chevy, 59 Volvo PV544, E-Bike
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Not only is the interior very well laid out, it has so much personality and character thanks to all the different colors and hues used throughout. There's a mix of Navy Pier Blue that makes up most of the interior, then there's the Desert Brown contrast trim on the upper dash with exposed rivets to give it an industrial look, and the off-white Granite Counter Top looking trim on the door panels and lower dash. It's nothing like any other interior on the market. And considering it only maxes out at a shade over $35,000 (without corrupt dealer markups) it is such a great value for what you get, as long as you don't touch anything too much since it scratches so easily. That's is main downfall but it's still manageable. It's great seeing the Maverick consistently making appearances for so many awards. That lets you know it's a great truck. (y)
I would not have bought the Maverick with just the bland black interior of most others. The brown and blue look very rich and have a lot of eye appeal. I do realize that is a matter of taste though. But solid black or grey is way over used.
Sponsored