Msmith49333

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Lexus ES300
Question:

I did not reserve online. I went to the dealership, paid $500, and placed an order on June 21, 2021.

After leaving several messages for my salesman, he just informed me this week that my build date is the END of November. All he could offer is a delivery will be ‘sometime’ in December.

Is anyone out there waiting six months?

Tks!!
Yep. Especially hybrid buyers. I'm expecting 6-8 months
Sponsored

Big_T

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Is the higher the priority code the better as far as being scheduled for build? Or is a lower priority code better?

My dealer said he would put a priority code on the truck that would get it built as soon as possible.

Sorry for the questions!

This is the first time I've ever ordered a new vehicle. I've bought many new Fords in the past but usually it was late in the model year and got great deals on in stock models.
A lower number is higher priority. 19 is worst, 10 is best.

OP
OP
jsouth33

jsouth33

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F-150 XLT
Is the higher the priority code the better as far as being scheduled for build? Or is a lower priority code better?

My dealer said he would put a priority code on the truck that would get it built as soon as possible.

Sorry for the questions!

This is the first time I've ever ordered a new vehicle. I've bought many new Fords in the past but usually it was late in the model year and got great deals on in stock models.
Lower the number the better. They have a funky algorithm. Stocks are something like 20-40 or something and retails are 10-19 when dealers adjust. Ford will put the single digit ones on them after previewing them for scheduling (making sure there is nothing commodity constrained at plant). Then there’s 99s for something you’re deliberately trying to extend (maybe wanting to hold over for next model year I.e Bronco reservationists did it)

flyfishmich

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Traverse
I provided both my DL and signature when I placed my order. That said, I don't expect a build date until 2022.

Jasperw229

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jasper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick 22, Lariat fx4, 4k tow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Sorry for the questions!

Lower priority codes are better, but they are only compared with other orders from the same dealer until they drop below 10.
Also parts constraints throw priority out the window too.
Don't worry about the priority code too much, as long as it is 19 or lower you're good.

Sponsored

patenmac

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mav Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Question: I am not getting emails from Ford. But I called Ford customer service and I do have a confirmed order and a VIN. If I have a VIN does that mean I have a scheduled production date?

Big_T

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Question: I am not getting emails from Ford. But I called Ford customer service and I do have a confirmed order and a VIN. If I have a VIN does that mean I have a scheduled production date?
Enter your VIN and order number into this Ford tracker to see the status of your vehicle. The order number can be found in the order paperwork (aka DORA) from your dealer.
Ford Vehicle Order Tracking Home

Bill1944

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger XLT 2002
I ordered at the Dealership gave Driver's License no Deposit. Didn't ask for one. Got Email from Ford verified my order. Placed it August 2. Got Email from Ford yesterday that I would receive it in early 2022

Deon5678

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Deon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Mine asked for $500, but since I'm buying it, I gave 2.5k instead.
I see you’re in GA as well. Which dealer did you use? I used Lithia Springs, and they didn’t ask for a deposit.

Sponsored

patenmac

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mav Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Enter your VIN and order number into this Ford tracker to see the status of your vehicle. The order number can be found in the order paperwork (aka DORA) from your dealer.
Ford Vehicle Order Tracking Home
Thanks. Yes, I go to the order tracker. The paragraph over the status bar says “Once scheduled, a Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) and estimated build date can be provided.” I do not get emails from Ford so I don’t know for certain if I have been scheduled for production. I chat with Ford.com and they refer me to my dealer. My dealer is unresponsive.

Is it possible to have a VIN and NOT be scheduled for production?

Ford Maverick Maverick Lead to Order Program: have dealer verify you to expedite your retail order 8E534D1C-C07E-483B-A086-69454AB9D5CD

Big_T

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks. Yes, I go to the order tracker. The paragraph over the status bar says “Once scheduled, a Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) and estimated build date can be provided.” I do not get emails from Ford so I don’t know for certain if I have been scheduled for production. I chat with Ford.com and they refer me to my dealer. My dealer is unresponsive.

I didn't think so, VIN's are normally emailed with the scheduled for production email, so I'm guessing you got your VIN from them a little earlier than most of us. You'll probably be scheduled soon.

When it does go into production, the order confirmed box gets a checkmark and the text for "in production" says your order is being manufactured...

Last edited:

casanewt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 KIA Sportage X-Line Prestige PHEV
Engine
Undecided

8E534D1C-C07E-483B-A086-69454AB9D5CD.png
Mine did the same thing yesterday. I just got my VIN yesterday. 24 hours later, just now, I was able to load the VIN in to the Fordpass App and it found the truck and added it to my profile. If you just got scheduled recently, you may want to try adding the vehicle to your Ford.com profile or the Fordpass app. I think the tracker site is going to continue to act like scheduling has not happened until your truck actually hits the production floor since that is the next step on the tracker bar. YMMV.

OhLeo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Solara, Mav on order
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I got an email from Ford confirming my order. MY dealer asked for a $500 fully refundable deposit when ordering. I ordered Oct 5th and they told me it could be next spring before delivery, but they openly admitted that was a guess.

projectvortex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
Undecided
I got an email from Ford confirming my order. MY dealer asked for a $500 fully refundable deposit when ordering. I ordered Oct 5th and they told me it could be next spring before delivery, but they openly admitted that was a guess.
For the most part, all dealers are guessing at this point. One will say "a few months", another will say a year, another will say they don't have the slightest clue. It is very safe to say that anything ordered this month (October) will be at the end of production for MY2022 unless for some reason they get shuffled based on parts availability...........or a tsunami, earthquake or any other possible disaster we haven't even thought of yet.
Sponsored