First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mav XLT, RAV4 Hybrid, KIA EV6
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Apparently Mav is going from the awkward ‘is it a truck’ reviews, teasing, jokes and verbal gymnastics, to ‘Hot Truck’ the general population is going to want even more, now.

Get Your orders in soon…if not already holding 10 orders at various dealerships. Hell, I may order a second one in August. ‘I like red (pepper), better.’ Has already happened in the house, but I asked before ordering.
Sponsored

Timothyd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore, Miata, motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

They made good +/- comments on all the trucks. Is the Mav perfect? Nope.

What gets me is the interiors of some of these high-end "work trucks". They're so nice I'd almost be afraid to use them as a daily driver, and especially when doing dirty, sweaty work. While the Maverick is plasticky, hopefully it makes for easier cleaning. In the Toyota shown I'd feel I should go shower and put clean clothes on before I go get another load of dirt, a pile of mulch, or whatever.

And for the average Joe (or Jane) that doesn't need a truck requiring a huge financial investment, its the Maverick for the win. Plus hopefully the Mav is more frugal with ongoing costs (gas, insurance, tires, etc).

And I could afford to buy a $60K vehicle, but it just doesn't seem to be a wise purchase to me.
Yup! I've always said the truck/car should serve me. Not the other way around.

Nighowl2000

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 ford Maverick lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
for the price point the maverick is the winner alone. you can buy 2 base mavericks for the price of that tundra. Also as has been mentioned, the maverick is what north America needs and can afford. I also believe that the Mav will have a all electric version in the future.

dceggert

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion, 2019 Ranger, 2024 Maverick ordered
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
They made good +/- comments on all the trucks. Is the Mav perfect? Nope.

What gets me is the interiors of some of these high-end "work trucks". They're so nice I'd almost be afraid to use them as a daily driver, and especially when doing dirty, sweaty work. While the Maverick is plasticky, hopefully it makes for easier cleaning. In the Toyota shown I'd feel I should go shower and put clean clothes on before I go get another load of dirt, a pile of mulch, or whatever.

And for the average Joe (or Jane) that doesn't need a truck requiring a huge financial investment, its the Maverick for the win. Plus hopefully the Mav is more frugal with ongoing costs (gas, insurance, tires, etc).

And I could afford to buy a $60K vehicle, but it just doesn't seem to be a wise purchase to me.
I am with you on that one. I could probably afford to buy a new F150 for $60k+ but I just don't want to. I kept my 1999 F150 for 20 years so it works out in the end. In 2019 everything was over $55k for even XLT's so I bought a 2019 Ranger. However, I told my wife I was not against buying anything for that kind of money except it would have to be a new Corvette. She said it better be red.
Sponsored