Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Mav Lariat Lux / '90 ZR-1 / '03 Yamaha V-Max
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

They made good +/- comments on all the trucks. Is the Mav perfect? Nope.

What gets me is the interiors of some of these high-end "work trucks". They're so nice I'd almost be afraid to use them as a daily driver, and especially when doing dirty, sweaty work. While the Maverick is plasticky, hopefully it makes for easier cleaning. In the Toyota shown I'd feel I should go shower and put clean clothes on before I go get another load of dirt, a pile of mulch, or whatever.

And for the average Joe (or Jane) that doesn't need a truck requiring a huge financial investment, its the Maverick for the win. Plus hopefully the Mav is more frugal with ongoing costs (gas, insurance, tires, etc).

And I could afford to buy a $60K vehicle, but it just doesn't seem to be a wise purchase to me.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Sirslayer

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
What a honor for the Ford Maverick!!! The very first publication that came out in July , my eyes fell in love !! Then next from the Ford website , I loved the specs and options !! I soon made an order from the Ford website in August at work with my co-workers watching me build the truck. In November i took my new Maverick to work and showed it off!! What really makes this even better as an owner, TFL trucks crowned the Maverick ‘truck of the year’ award!!

RevBo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Here ya go folks - Silhouette looks mighty familiar...

I'm a Ford guy. Worked in Ford Dealer Development in Dallas Zone after college graduation for several years. Father-in-law was one of Ford's VP's over Dealer Development and became a Ford Lincoln Mercury dealer after retiring from Ford. Still have fully restored Concours Class '65 Mustang he gave my wife for High School graduation. Currently have a Hybrid Mav or order. Bottom line? The Maverick will be one of Ford's greatest icons since the Mustang, already surpassing all expectations Ford had. Ford definitely has a winner here!

bgn

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Its the Nissan Frontier! Right guys, right? So innovative so new! Has to be the Frontier.
Seemed weird to me that they didn't put more effort into the redesign. With the upcoming redesigns of the Tacoma and Ranger, Nissan will be last in sales again in the midsize segment.

Sponsored

WesM

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Good review. I was actually suprised they mentioned value as a ding against the Maverick (im assuming its because of the 3k upgrade to get cruise control). But even at 23kish for an XLT hybrid, thats still an incredible value.

WasChops

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz Ltd + Maverick Lariat Hybr
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What a honor for the Ford Maverick!!! The very first publication that came out in July , my eyes fell in love !! Then next from the Ford website , I loved the specs and options !! I soon made an order from the Ford website in August at work with my co-workers watching me build the truck. In November i took my new Maverick to work and showed it off!! What really makes this even better as an owner, TFL trucks crowned the Maverick ‘truck of the year’ award!!
How the hell did you order in August and get delivery in November? OMG!@

OP
OP
pxpaulx

pxpaulx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That hasn't been that uncommon for Ecoboost orders without any constraint or add-on items.

Sirslayer

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I’ve kept my order simple, stock XL with AWD and towing . I figured the 4K , AWD and even the FX4 has to be done at Ford Factory. Everything else for options can be done at the dealership . That was my strategy and I got my Maverick!!

Ford Maverick Maverick is TFL Truck of the Year 2022 AE3AD884-97B4-40E4-B9A4-FB2D38057F91

WasChops

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz Ltd + Maverick Lariat Hybr
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That hasn't been that uncommon for Ecoboost orders without any constraint or add-on items.
Huh, I guess having not read all of the pso
I’ve kept my order simple, stock XL with AWD and towing . I figured the 4K , AWD and even the FX4 has to be done at Ford Factory. Everything else for options can be done at the dealership . That was my strategy and I got my Maverick!!

AE3AD884-97B4-40E4-B9A4-FB2D38057F91.jpeg
That was smart! Nice going! I wanted the 1st Edition and that has been the Achilles heel in all of this matter of waiting.
Sponsored