Sponsored

rupzuk

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep, GMC, Harley
I think the Maverick has a fair shot at it.
Everyone is having production delays so I don’t think they will award based off of that.
The Maverick’s base hybrid drive, affordability and high sales are its strong points.
The R1T is a strong contender as well, so much there.
But it’s not here and I think that will be the deciding factor.
I can affordably buy and plate a Maverick today but I can’t do that for any amount with a Rivian.
Sponsored

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Rivian looks much larger and for sure taller than either Maverick or Santa Crude. More like a competitor for Lightning F-150. We already have a newer F-150 that will probably outlive us, but the Maverick will be far more useful as a DD for me. I just don't need another large pickup and I HATE the headlights and front end look of that Rivian :poop:

Isn't Rivian backed by Amazon as a major development partner and benfactor for like 100k delivery vans? I could be wrong on that and thinking of another brand, but if it is Amazon, I'm betting that influence is enough to swing the vote for the Rivian somehow...

maverick92

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick, F150 Lightning
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Isn't Rivian backed by Amazon as a major development partner and benfactor for like 100k delivery vans? I could be wrong on that and thinking of another brand, but if it is Amazon, I'm betting that influence is enough to swing the vote for the Rivian somehow...
You're correct, Rivian's two major backers are Amazon and Ford. Turned out to be a very good investment for both of them!

I think both the Maverick and Rivian could win the award, Rivian for the technology but Maverick for the base hybrid and value proposition. Can't go wrong with either, but for me the value proposition wins!

vezpa

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
EMG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too many to list.
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
As far as I know The Rivian isn't even approved for sale after just recently showing a pre-production model roll out and hasn't had any agency approvals for safety and such?
I saw two of them on a 3 car wedge truck trailer heading West on I-40 in Oklahoma two weeks ago. I did a double take because I wasn't sure what they were at first.

XLTLUXRED

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick hybrid, Mini 4 door
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
https://northamericancaroftheyear.org/nactoy-reveals-finalists-for-2022-awards/

NACTOY Reveals Finalists for 2022 Awards
Nine finalists for North American Car, Truck and Utility Vehicle of the Year™ awards announced at LA Auto Show

LOS ANGELES, Nov. 17, 2021
– The finalists that will compete for the 2022 North American Car, Truck and Utility Vehicle of the Year™ (NACTOY) awards were announced today at the Los Angeles Auto Show. This year, NACTOY’s jurors voted on a competitive and diverse field of 23 semifinalists across three categories – Car, Truck and Utility Vehicle – which were announced earlier this year.

The finalists for each category, in alphabetical order, are:

North American Car of the Year™:
Honda Civic
Lucid Air
Volkswagen Golf Mk VIII (Golf R/Golf GTI)

North American Truck of the Year™:
Ford Maverick

Hyundai Santa Cruz
Rivian R1T

North American Utility Vehicle of the Year™:
Ford Bronco
Genesis GV70
Hyundai IONIQ 5

“These nine vehicles represent an unusually excellent and diverse group of finalists,” said NACTOY president Gary Witzenburg. “From new OEMs to vehicles that have created fresh segments in their categories, these vehicles showcase the automotive industry’s current diversification. This year’s finalists also illustrate how many more electric vehicles are becoming available to customers across multiple vehicle types.”

NACTOY’s awards are determined through a series of three votes by a group of 50 automotive journalists from an array of magazines, newspapers, websites, and television and radio stations in the U.S. and Canada. Founded in 1994, the NACTOY awards are the longest-running new vehicle awards not associated with a single outlet.

“The diverse opinions of our jurors bring together a combination of expertise and individual testing regimens to select these nine outstanding finalists,” said NACTOY Vice President Jack R. Nerad. “This results in a comprehensive and thoughtful selection process unique to NACTOY.”

The jurors, who have tested and evaluated eligible new or substantially changed vehicles that launched this year, vote for their choices based on elements including automotive innovation, design, safety, performance, technology, driver satisfaction and value.

The jury votes were tallied and audited by Deloitte. The selection of nine finalists is the second-to-last step in the year-long evaluation process for the three awards before the final jury vote and the announcement of the winners in January.

Final voting will take place Dec. 30 – Jan. 5, 2022, and the 2022 NACTOY Car, Truck and Utility of the Year winners will be announced in early January. Details regarding the location and format of this event will be provided soon.

Spanish and French versions of this release will be available on NACTOY’s website. For more information about NACTOY and its history: http://northamericancaroftheyear.org.
🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟Ford Maverick awarded Green Truck of the Year!🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟
https://fordauthority.com/2021/11/2022-ford-maverick-awarded-green-truck-of-the-year/
Sponsored

Last edited: