Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT; 2016 Prius ECO
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

according to Detroit Free Press, Maverick is truck of the year and Bronco is SUV of the year! I got BOTH! I have to Agree with them!

maverickcactusgray.jpg
AMBbronco.jpg
Wish I had my hybrid, that I ordered in August, hey Ford, come on, let's get moving!

ShadowChas

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My 1st vehicle @ 15yrs of age in high school was a very well-used 71 el camino, and I had a few other ones too. I had also bought several new & used s10/sonoma's and original small sized rangers (don't care for the current ranger). I don't tow or have the need for my full size gas guzzling trucks anymore & I just really do love my maverick for size/versatility/fun & fuel economy :)

TacoHolder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not Mav
Blame the EPA for killing the small truck. Thank the engineering team behind the Mav hybrid for bringing it back.

Onceforall

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've not seen any mentions of the Maverick being similar to the SportTrac. The dual cab, rear IRS in the later model, and cleverness in designing the bed--all features in the Maverick. But the Maverick drive train options, that is what really makes it unique. I shopped the SportTrac for some years but could not find enough headroom for 6'3".

Maverick does check all the boxes. But looks like it will be 2023 before I can get one at a normal price.

Sponsored

Uncle Ed

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Highlander,Outlook,S10,1968Camaro,22Maverick.hybri
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I still drive my '99 S-10 and would love to be able to buy a modern version. I simply love it. But at 250k miles it is time to move on. The Maverick checks all my boxes of what a modern version should be except for at least a 6' bed...and it is not a Chevy. Those are my compromises and I feel comfortable with both.

I can't wait to get my Maverick so I can put my S-10 to pasture, so to speak.
Hybrid XL on order to replace 98 S-10 365k miles bought new. Maverick improves on all the reasons to drive a small truck. But I am reading several places Ford thinks this build on order system is the way of the future. If there was any vehicle similar already on a car lot I would buy it.

Imlooney

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I wonder what Ford will do with those of us procrastinators who waited until November to order the hybrid. I'm afraid that any minor hiccups in production and they will never have time to finish before they have to retool for the 2023 my.
Sponsored