Sponsored

Maverick interior bed height measurement?

Smile

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
I’m looking for how high the bed is from the bed floor (from the higher part of the bed floor where a box will rest on rather than the grooves where water would drain) to the highest part of the bed/body of interior of bed. I wanted to fit some toolboxes in there that are about 20 inches high and was wondering if it’s even possible to fit in there without having to build some kind of raised cap/tonneu cover to keep it protected from the elements.
Thanks in advance 👍🏻
Sponsored

charlie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F150
I’m looking for how high the bed is from the bed floor (from the higher part of the bed floor where a box will rest on rather than the grooves where water would drain) to the highest part of the bed/body of interior of bed. I wanted to fit some toolboxes in there that are about 20 inches high and was wondering if it’s even possible to fit in there without having to build some kind of raised cap/tonneu cover to keep it protected from the elements.
Thanks in advance 👍🏻
the tailgate lift-in height is 30", I'd assume that the bed height is the same.

Attachments

OP
OP

Smile

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Thanks for the reply. I think you’re misunderstanding what I’m looking for. The lift in height is how high the open tailgate is from the ground. Meaning how high you have to lift in your cargo off of the ground to place it in the bed of the vehicle. The bed height definitely isn’t 30 inches considering that when I measured the bed height of a new ram 1500 it was about 21 inches. I attached a picture of the bed height dimensions that I am looking for. I’ve seen the spec sheet that you attached before And I don’t think what I’m looking for is represented in any of those measurements. I was hoping someone had already measured it themselves or that someone that has daily access to a Maverick would do me a favor and pull out a tape measure and measure it. I appreciate the effort though. Thanks

Ford Maverick Maverick interior bed height measurement? 253856FE-DA9C-486C-9E17-33253CC6F62D

Rkbrumbelow

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HCH2, Hybrid XLT on order
Close to 12 inches. I thought I had a definitive answer. Nope.

2x6 cleat slots inside of bed = 5.5 inches. Can carry 18 3/4 inch sheets with the 2x6 in place so 13.5+5.5. = 19

I don’t believe this though

Last edited:

ToyotaTurncoat

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab TRD Off-Road
If the bed is 4.5' long and the bed length with the tailgate down is 6', I'm going to guess the bed depth is a bit under 18".

Sponsored

bpcooper14

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 Nissan Frontier
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I thought I had read somewhere that it was 20"ish

OP
OP

Smile

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
OK now we’re getting somewhere lol. I was sure somebody was going to come back and give me that body height number of 20.3 inches which I’ve seen 1000 times over the last couple of days. But that number isn’t specific to the cargo area. It’s just as possible that that was a measurement of the outside of the body. But once you start to show me the schematics of the Ranger and F150 bed it seems a bit more possible. I’d still love to see that same schematic of a maverick or myself or someone else getting in there with a tape measure. Now I’m also wondering, if it really is 20.3 inches then how much space will be underneath the tonneau cover and how much (although it’s not much) will the spray in bed liner cut into that 20.3 number. My tool boxes are about 20 inches exactly so I’m wondering if I would have to modify anything on the truck or the tool boxes to get it to just slide in there and close the tonneau. It would be ideal if I could get them to fit without modifications. You guys are great, thank.

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thanks for the reply. I think you’re misunderstanding what I’m looking for. The lift in height is how high the open tailgate is from the ground. Meaning how high you have to lift in your cargo off of the ground to place it in the bed of the vehicle. The bed height definitely isn’t 30 inches considering that when I measured the bed height of a new ram 1500 it was about 21 inches. I attached a picture of the bed height dimensions that I am looking for. I’ve seen the spec sheet that you attached before And I don’t think what I’m looking for is represented in any of those measurements. I was hoping someone had already measured it themselves or that someone that has daily access to a Maverick would do me a favor and pull out a tape measure and measure it. I appreciate the effort though. Thanks

253856FE-DA9C-486C-9E17-33253CC6F62D.jpeg
look at that picture closely and zoom in on the wheel wells. If you are planning to fit something up against the front bed wall your max height will be between the wheel wells. On top of wheel wells for using full width of bed height will be shorter.

Sponsored

Probity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Scab 2.7EB, 2017 CR-V
I’d still love to see that same schematic of a maverick or myself or someone else getting in there with a tape measure. Now I’m also wondering, if it really is 20.3 inches then how much space will be underneath the tonneau cover and how much (although it’s not much) will the spray in bed liner cut into that 20.3 number. My tool boxes are about 20 inches exactly so I’m wondering if I would have to modify anything on the truck or the tool boxes to get it to just slide in there and close the tonneau. It would be ideal if I could get them to fit without modifications. You guys are great, thank.
The Ranger/F150 bed specs are from the Ford Body Builder site. I think it unlikely Ford will have detailed info like this for the Maverick on there even later on, it's for F-series, Transit, E-series, Ranger. Publications | Body Builder Advisory Service (fordbbas.com)

Tonneau - that's why I have a Truxedo LoProQT soft topper on my F-150. I can generally position things slightly (less than 1") taller than the cargo body height in between the couple of soft topper "poles" in the cover, and the fabric cover "gives" enough so I can still close the tonneau on those rainy days or for quasi-security reasons.

OP
OP

Smile

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Soft cover tonneau may be an option. In an ideal world I would be able to keep my tool boxes in the bed without them "poking" up through the tonneau. I called one of my local Ford dealer today to find out when they have one that I could take a look at and they said not until late September. I also asked how long it would take before I got the truck in my hands if I order through them and they said a couple of months. I don’t know what that means? if that’s two months, or it could be four months. But kind of risky when I can use/need something earlier say five weeks from now. Still hoping somebody will get their hands on one and be able to measure the bed in the real world. Thanks

Hot Runr Guy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Edge SEL, 2024 Lariat AWD BAP 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If only someone who is attending the Motor City Car Crawl would take a tape measure with them,,,,,

HRG

Ford Maverick Maverick interior bed height measurement? Bed storage tonneau cover down Area 51 Maverick Hybrid Lariat at the Motor City Car Crawl in

Basil

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just for another size comparison I put a 2x4 across my 99 rangers bed and the depth is 15 3/4

OP
OP

Smile

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
I drove past an old body style ranger probably around the same year as yours about an hour ago and the only thing I was thinking was wow that bed is definitely shallow so it looks like the Mavericks bed is definitely deeper it’s just how much deeper. I saw photos that Ford put out with mountain bikes in the bed.It’s hard to tell whether those are 27 1/2 inch wheels or 29 inch wheels but either way it seems
to swallow them up pretty good.
Sponsored