2.5L Hybrid

Nandn205

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX 350
A poor rating for seat belt reminder is just unacceptable. Time to cancel my order! 🙄

Snax

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Unfortunately, that’ll raise insurance rates. Surprising that Ford didn’t put in the effort to get an A—it’s not like it would have taken much effort.

nick112288

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 Ram 2500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The Maverick now has its own IIHS page, link below. Note as of now they have only tested the seatbelt reminder criteria. The score was "poor" which is surprising given how much complaining has taken place on the forum about the seatbelt display and chimes.

https://www.iihs.org/ratings/vehicle/ford/maverick-crew-cab-pickup/2022
Unfortunately, that’ll raise insurance rates. Surprising that Ford didn’t put in the effort to get an A—it’s not like it would have taken much effort.
Saw an article about the seat belt this morning.

I was also wondering how on earth did it score so bad since I've seen multiple posts and seen it mentioned in several youtube videos about how annoying it is.

Out of 10 trucks tested only 1 received a good rating, the Tundra. Must be a harsh test to pass.

OP
OP
MLowe05

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tesla MYP & M3RWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The Civic (and by extension, Integra) earn perfect scores and the system is not annoying at all. We had a Maverick XL for 1 month and put 2,000 miles on it. It seemed to perform the same as our Integra, but obviously I am mis-remembering. I am a 100%-of-the-time seatbelt user, so maybe I just don't know how annoying they can be.

Sponsored

theway-yay-ting

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Honda CR-V, 2019 Kia Sportage
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The Civic (and by extension, Integra) earn perfect scores and the system is not annoying at all. We had a Maverick XL for 1 month and put 2,000 miles on it. It seemed to perform the same as our Integra, but obviously I am mis-remembering. I am a 100%-of-the-time seatbelt user, so maybe I just don't know how annoying they can be.
I seem to recall I recently read an article (can't find the link at the moment) that noted that multiple (trucks in particular) failed the new IIHS seatbelt reminder, and the criteria they described were pretty extensive. I'll see if I can find it.

theway-yay-ting

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Honda CR-V, 2019 Kia Sportage
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ah, here it is...

... the IIHS also recently revised its seat belt reminder test and gave it tougher standards... In all fairness, only one pickup out of the 10 subjected to this recent IIHS test managed to earn a “good” rating – the Toyota Tundra – while five in total were assigned a “poor” rating...
And
To earn a good rating in the revised IIHS standards, a vehicle’s seat belt reminder system must generate an audible signal and visual alert on the dashboard display, overhead panel, or center console when the vehicle is moving at least six miles-per-hour and the system detects an unbelted occupant in the driver or passenger seat, or the unfastening of a second-row belt that was previously buckled. That audible alert must also be loud enough to be heard over background noise inside the vehicle and last at least 90 seconds. A visual indicator must show second-row belt use when the driver starts the vehicle, and an audible and visual reminder lasting at least 30 seconds is required when a fastened second-row belt is unbuckled.

OP
OP
MLowe05

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tesla MYP & M3RWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Seems like the Maverick's issue must be sound level or duration. It definitely shows the status on startup and if someone unbuckles.

Clarkdonbran

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

A poor rating for seat belt reminder is just unacceptable. Time to cancel my order! 🙄
Seriously! What a dumb test. The standards seem pretty subjective.

rclee

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT Maverick Lux,A51,Hybrid,Rear Slider.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

It is loud and annoying, how could it fail? I will put it on just to make it stop!

Sponsored

Captain

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
63 Nova Convertible /
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Chris_G

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C-6 Corvette
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Unbelievable, the assholes at Ford couldn’t even get the seatbelt right🤪
Considering all the Oreo's (read munchies), they did good.

Hdang1980

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Queue the "it's an affordable budget truck!!! What do you expect?!?!!? It's designed to save money; not lives!!" responses.

ClemsonU88

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick; 2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Dude, who even needs a seatbelt reminder? It's so second nature to put it on, I've never even heard the reminder. Of all the safety features Ford could score subpar on, this is the one I'm most ok with.

And how on this green earth did it not get an A+?!?! When I turn the key, a seating chart pops up with red in a seat if someone is sitting in it without a seat belt, green if they have their belt on, and an X if no one is sitting in it. AND it stays there until I push "OK"! Cheese & crackers!!! That's more than every car I've ever owned over the last 40 years COMBINED have done! Seriously, that's A++ if you ask me.