First Name
Mr me.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
walking and talking
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I rec'd my hybrid maverick on 12/23/21. The little truck that could...has far exceeded my expectations...in all area's. Comfort, reliability, fuel economy and general satisfaction.

My maverick currently has over 12k miles.

I have averaged 42.1 mpg over the last 9k miles. That is with 40 percent hwy, and 60 percent city. In town, driving it easy, I consistently get 50-60mpg. I leave my screen on the "coaching" screen. That shows when I am on electric and how to maximize the electric engine power. I am in Michigan, where the temps are generally 75-80 during the day, so AC is used very little.

I had my oil changed and my tires rotated at 10k+ miles, with about 10 percent oil life remaining. My tires are wearing evenly and show no real signs of a short wear life.

The seats are very comfortable, the interior is very quiet when windows are up, even at highway speeds. The wind noise when all 4 windows are down is a bit much for me, so I leave the rear windows up most of the time. I have had a second or 2 of a glitch in the radio system, but nothing I am losing sleep over.

Overall, I give the Maverick...the little truck that could...a solid 10 on a 1-10 scale. Hope you all are enjoying yours, and if you have not picked up your truck yet, remember, it WILL come. Enjoy the ride!
Sponsored

AzCactusGray

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C5, SC430, 67XKE, 08 XJR, 78 F250, 22 Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I rec'd my hybrid maverick on 12/23/21. The little truck that could...has far exceeded my expectations...in all area's. Comfort, reliability, fuel economy and general satisfaction.

My maverick currently has over 12k miles.

I have averaged 42.1 mpg over the last 9k miles. That is with 40 percent hwy, and 60 percent city. In town, driving it easy, I consistently get 50-60mpg. I leave my screen on the "coaching" screen. That shows when I am on electric and how to maximize the electric engine power. I am in Michigan, where the temps are generally 75-80 during the day, so AC is used very little.

I had my oil changed and my tires rotated at 10k+ miles, with about 10 percent oil life remaining. My tires are wearing evenly and show no real signs of a short wear life.

The seats are very comfortable, the interior is very quiet when windows are up, even at highway speeds. The wind noise when all 4 windows are down is a bit much for me, so I leave the rear windows up most of the time. I have had a second or 2 of a glitch in the radio system, but nothing I am losing sleep over.

Overall, I give the Maverick...the little truck that could...a solid 10 on a 1-10 scale. Hope you all are enjoying yours, and if you have not picked up your truck yet, remember, it WILL come. Enjoy the ride!
Yep, agree 100%. We love ours, completely smitten. The Maverick hybrid fights well above it's weight class.

A Sturdy Beast

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lucky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mav XL Hybrid, Iconic Silver
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

ClemsonU88

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick; 2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I know you were asking someone else, but I have the manual seats, and they're VERY comfortable and easy to use.

Like everyone else, I am ALL IN on my hybrid Maverick. It drives smooth, gets phenomenal gas mileage (about 47mpg with 70% city/30% hwy & driving it gently), looks great, and is as functional as can possibly be.

I've hauled two bikes and a few loads of trash but haven't really used it for any projects yet. I'm thinking if what I'm getting won't fit in one or two trips, I just rent the Home Depot truck for $20 to get my materials home. $20 two or three times a year is worth every penny when you consider the gas I'm/we're saving and how awesome this truck is otherwise. But I've seen some pictures on this site that show the Maverick really loaded up, so apparently you can carry a ton of stuff if you have tie straps (which I do :) )

Sponsored

A Sturdy Beast

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lucky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mav XL Hybrid, Iconic Silver
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I know you were asking someone else, but I have the manual seats, and they're VERY comfortable and easy to use.

Like everyone else, I am ALL IN on my hybrid Maverick. It drives smooth, gets phenomenal gas mileage (about 47mpg with 70% city/30% hwy & driving it gently), looks great, and is as functional as can possibly be.

I've hauled two bikes and a few loads of trash but haven't really used it for any projects yet. I'm thinking if what I'm getting won't fit in one or two trips, I just rent the Home Depot truck for $20 to get my materials home. $20 two or three times a year is worth every penny when you consider the gas I'm/we're saving and how awesome this truck is otherwise. But I've seen some pictures on this site that show the Maverick really loaded up, so apparently you can carry a ton of stuff if you have tie straps (which I do :) )
Good to know. I don’t plan any long trips so it shouldn’t be much of an issue. My major concern with the stock seat is that the thigh support (or maybe better described as the seat base) goes up and down, but won’t tilt forward. I’m a shorter than average guy. More like average female height, poor me. lol. I like to maintain space between me and the steering wheel air bag. So in my old Taurus I move the seat back, but tip (or rotate) the seat forward.

By the way, can you lay down one road bike diagonally in the bed without taking the front wheel off? It might be necessary to turn the front wheel sideways, but I would be fine with that. As long as it fits. I really want to avoid any kind of bike rack, or front wheel removal.

ClemsonU88

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick; 2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Good to know. I don’t plan any long trips so it shouldn’t be much of an issue. My major concern with the stock seat is that the thigh support (or maybe better described as the seat base) goes up and down, but won’t tilt forward. I’m a shorter than average guy. More like average female height, poor me. lol. I like to maintain space between me and the steering wheel air bag. So in my old Taurus I move the seat back, but tip (or rotate) the seat forward.

By the way, can you lay down one road bike diagonally in the bed without taking the front wheel off? It might be necessary to turn the front wheel sideways, but I would be fine with that. As long as it fits. I really want to avoid any kind of bike rack, or front wheel removal.
I think I'm exactly average for a guy (5' 10"), and I haven't experienced what you're talking about. My wife (5' 6") & I are going on a trip this weekend. I'll see what she thinks of it. She hasn't driven it yet.

Yes, I got two bikes in the bed by turning the front wheels. When I go again, I'll probably leave the tailgate in the angled position and just strap them in using a tie strap...less finagling and worrying about scratching the truck or hitting the rear window.

FirstFord

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I got my truck Saturday and took off Sunday on a 200 mile trip. Back yesterday. Averaged 36 mpg on the outbound and 38 0n the return with plenty of highway.

Hybrid. Good passing power and very good carving the fast sweepers (and I'm a sports coupe/sedan guy).

Seats? Well they don't suck, but on the four hour runs, I was squirming after a while. I'm accustomed to sportier buckets with firm support all the way around. I wouldn't look forward to a cross country trip in these seats, and I do have the 8-way power (with Katzkin leather).

Overall, I'm very happy!

FloodingdowninTX

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This is just gonna be so cool, if it ever happens. Thank you OP and the rest for renewing last year's spark for some of us that needed it.
Sponsored