Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜02 Ranger, ā€˜22 Mav XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I wonder if they interviewed any of the people who
1. placed an order for a Maverick EB XLT in January 2022,
2. waited on it for 8 months,
3. reminded the dealer in September that 2022 orders HAD to be converted to 2023 orders during the SINGLE WEEK Ford corporate allowed it to happen,
4. was told by the dealer the 2022 order had been scheduled to be built the week of November 7 so no conversion to a 2023 order was needed, and then by late-October, finally
5. found out from Ford Customer "Service" that the dealer lied about there being a build week scheduled and there was "nothing they could do about" getting the 2023 order in the system.

...because THAT was my experience with the Maverick.
No, they didnā€™t interview those people. Just the ones who are driving the Mavericks (and other trucks).
Sponsored

Hoagus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I really like my Hybrid because of its low price, comfort and amazing fuel economy, but it is not twice as satisfying as my V8 F150, which didn't even make the list.
So the F150 hits only one of your three criteria. That would be only 33% as satisfying.

Hoagus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thereā€™s something satisfying about driving a truck made of unobtainium.

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
People say this every time CR says something they donā€™t agree with.

As a hybrid owner, I think CR is right on this one. Weird that the EB owners are so far apart from the hybrid folks on this. But I donā€™t think the EB would have satisfied me, either.
To each his own. They hybrid didn't meet my needs on a lot of levels but I remain very satisfied with the EB and many other EB owners express the same thing, yet they EB is nowhere to be found on the list. Why do you suppose that is?

As for CR why would a tiger change it's stripes? Their editorial policies come from the top who proceed to staff their organization with like minded individuals. When it's institutionally acceptable to let your bias and opinions interfere with objective analysis, at what point would they magically change course?

The answer is simple: they didn't.

Chicolini

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150s, Mustang GT Convertible, Mazda B3000
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So the F150 hits only one of your three criteria. That would be only 33% as satisfying.
California math is so helpful. Thank you for your contribution.

Sponsored

Flyangler

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Sarah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thereā€™s something satisfying about driving a truck made of unobtainium.
And the parts to fix it are also made of unobtanium. Youā€™re all sitting on a time-bomb. I loved my truck until it went into a shop on Feb 20th for a problem that has no ETA on parts.

DrIllyich

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Maverick XLT: lux and fx4 package
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
To each his own. They hybrid didn't meet my needs on a lot of levels but I remain very satisfied with the EB and many other EB owners express the same thing, yet they EB is nowhere to be found on the list. Why do you suppose that is?

As for CR why would a tiger change it's stripes? Their editorial policies come from the top who proceed to staff their organization with like minded individuals. When it's institutionally acceptable to let your bias and opinions interfere with objective analysis, at what point would they magically change course?

The answer is simple: they didn't.
Thatā€™s why ā€œreportsā€ like this are comical. No way EB owners arenā€™t just as satisfied as hybrid owners. I have averaged close to 30 MPG with the EB. I live at nearly 5k feet and the Mavā€™s AWD handles ice/snow better than my other vehicles that costs 3-4 times more. The Mav has been my go to winter vehicle after having snow on the ground for 5 months. The hybrid FWD wouldnā€™t make it where I live. I have been extremely pleased with the Maverick and ever family member and friend that has driven it have all said the same thing.
Sponsored