Milous

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT Alto Blu, LUX, Sunroof, delivered 3/18/22
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Refined ride quality? I almost spit out my coffee. Compared to the others on this list, the Maverick hybrid is the equivalent to a cement mixer. I've been in caged race cars that have better ride quality.
Exactly the opposite for me, my XLT is one of the nicest riding vehicles I have ever owned, and I've owned a ton of different models/brands over the decades...

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You have to take CR with a grain of salt. A BIG grain of salt. Ever since they rigged the suzuki samurai tests their integrity has been questionable. They have an agenda and they are not shy about pushing it.

Sponsored

Chicolini

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150s, Mustang GT Convertible, Mazda B3000
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
" In order to determine owner satisfaction, each year we ask CR members a simple question: ..."

I have long suspected that CR members are cognitively challenged. Or it may be the CR editors are dishonest.

I really like my Hybrid because of its low price, comfort and amazing fuel economy, but it is not twice as satisfying as my V8 F150, which didn't even make the list.

dbmurray

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Escape Titanium
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I wonder if they interviewed any of the people who
1. placed an order for a Maverick EB XLT in January 2022,
2. waited on it for 8 months,
3. reminded the dealer in September that 2022 orders HAD to be converted to 2023 orders during the SINGLE WEEK Ford corporate allowed it to happen,
4. was told by the dealer the 2022 order had been scheduled to be built the week of November 7 so no conversion to a 2023 order was needed, and then by late-October, finally
5. found out from Ford Customer "Service" that the dealer lied about there being a build week scheduled and there was "nothing they could do about" getting the 2023 order in the system.

...because THAT was my experience with the Maverick.

Deleted member 1483

..because THAT was my experience with the Maverick.
Wow I am so sorry I would be really upset if that happened to me. Are you still waiting on your truck? Slightly off topic but I also had that gen escape with the 2.0 ecoboost and I loved it.

dbmurray

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Escape Titanium
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Wow I am so sorry I would be really upset if that happened to me. Are you still waiting on your truck? Slightly off topic but I also had that gen escape with the 2.0 ecoboost and I loved it.
There is no truck to wait on. The 2022 order was never built, and they never ordered a 2023 to replace the 2022 order.

To add to the insult, once I realized I was never going to get my order, I contacted three other Ford dealers who showed Mavericks in stock. One of those dealers called me the next morning, said they had one on the lot, and made an appointment for me to drive it about an hour later. When I got there 10 minutes early for the appointment, they said they actually did not have a Maverick in stock, nor did they just sell one that morning. No one would admit to being the person who called and lied either. I really don't understand what they thought they could possibly hope to gain by infuriating a serious potential customer that way.

Of course, if they'd actually had it, I had anticipated them wanting to add a big markup and only hoped after I told them what had happened with my order, they'd have some mercy on me and let me buy it somewhere close to MSRP. I'm just that stupid, I guess.

I bought a Colorado a few days later. It wasn't the truck I wanted, but all Ford was willing to offer was a courtesy call to let me know when the order banks were going to open for 2024 orders...pretty much an insult after what had just happened.

To your other question, yes, my 2015 Escape Titanium has been a pleasure to drive. 230 horsepower is just about perfect for me as I'm not a muscle car enthusiast. I just want enough that the car responds appropriately when I step on the gas pedal. It's not quite fully loaded, but it was a considerable upgrade over the Kia Rondo I drove from 2007-2018.

The Escape is a 2015 that had been leased before I bought it in 2018, and only had 13000 miles on it. I paid $19,900. There was a comparably featured 2018 model in the show room with an MSRP of $34,000, so I feel like I went the right route. Everything about the Escape including the purchase has been positive, except I did bump into a deer right around the time I was dealing with all of Ford's lies about the Maverick. The damage wasn't significant enough to trigger the air bag, thankfully. Just the front of the hood has a little wrinkle. I may eventually get it fixed if I can find one in a junk yard that isn't too dinged up.

Sponsored

Deleted member 1483

I bought a Colorado a few days later. It wasn't the truck I wanted, but all Ford was willing to offer was a courtesy call to let me know when the order banks were going to open for 2024 orders...pretty much an insult after what had just happened.
Iā€™m sorry that happened. I have heard horror stories about nightmare dealers. My worry actually having mine is if someone hits me Iā€™ll likely never be able to order another one for years.

Scott Asheville

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 AWD XLT ECO LUX CP360 HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I a large part of the hybrid satisfaction is just that people feel they got so much for so little. I still think the early buyers of base hybrids basically stole the truck.

KSC Grey Ghost

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Smooth operation is not a term I would use regarding the brakes.
I just had the second update on the hybrid grabby brakes on Friday only put about a 100 miles on my Maverick so far but I have not noticed the problem anymore I hope this fixes it 100% but I guess only time and miles will tell šŸ¤”

Hoagus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜02 Ranger, ā€˜22 Mav XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You have to take CR with a grain of salt. A BIG grain of salt. Ever since they rigged the suzuki samurai tests their integrity has been questionable. They have an agenda and they are not shy about pushing it.
People say this every time CR says something they donā€™t agree with.

As a hybrid owner, I think CR is right on this one. Weird that the EB owners are so far apart from the hybrid folks on this. But I donā€™t think the EB would have satisfied me, either.

Hoagus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜02 Ranger, ā€˜22 Mav XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I a large part of the hybrid satisfaction is just that people feel they got so much for so little. I still think the early buyers of base hybrids basically stole the truck.
Most people went with upgraded trims and packages. The Poverty Edition (PovEd) is a pretty small minority. Itā€™s the best value though. But most of those surveyed are driving the silk purse versions.
Sponsored