JVolpe

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
beater truck
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Source: https://www.consumerreports.org/cars/pickup-trucks/most-satisfying-new-pickup-trucks-a7119393787/

Most Satisfying New Pickup Trucks
These compact, midsized, and full-sized trucks are the ones that make their owners happy

In order to determine owner satisfaction, each year we ask CR members a simple question: Would you get this car if you had to do it all over again? We look at the percentage of owners who tell us they would definitely buy their vehicle again to determine the top performers. There’s a good chance the vehicles CR members have found satisfying are the ones you’d be happiest with, too.

The nine pickup trucks below are the compact, midsized, and full-sized models that most satisfy our members, according to their responses in our latest Annual Auto Surveys. They’re ranked in order of their owner satisfaction rating, starting with the best. Each one has its strengths and weaknesses, and not every one is recommended, because of a low test score or below-average reliability, or both. But some buyers and owners put happiness with their vehicle as a key priority.

Here's a list of the top 6 most satisfying trucks:

Ford Maverick Hybrid - 80 points
Honda Ridgeline - 76 points
Ram 1500 - 68 points
Hyundai Santa Cruz - 64 points
Toyota Tunda - 61 points
Ford F-150 PowerBoost - 45 points

According to the survey, the Maverick scored such a high satisfaction level for its excellent fuel economy, quiet and smooth operation, refined ride quality, secure handling, visibility, maneuverability, easy-to-use controls, safety features.
Sponsored

Retired

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Hybrid, 2012 focus
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

UpNorthBuckeye

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Expedtn, 17PriusV,22 Mavrk XLT hybridHPR
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Panic braking in the Mav is a little grabby, but really, I am in ECO mode most of the time, and I use my brakes so little it's crazy.
Doing 60 on a two lane road, and if it gets a little twisty with some "30 mph" corners (according to the yellow signs), just let off the gas for a few seconds, you slow down to 45 or 50, and then take those corners, with no problem.
I am in the habit of using my cruise, and if I come to a slow corner, I pause the cruise with the "X", and then as I'm coming out of the corner hit the "RES" button to resume... no brakes needed at all.

The grab happens at slow speed braking, if you come to a complete stop, it jolts you some times. Better not have your wine bottles sitting on the back seat 'cause they'll be on the floor!

100% love the Maverick.

Sponsored

Montevilla

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cactus Gray Maverick XL Hybrid w/moonroof
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I don't get it, the EB can't be that much lower on the list. Certainly not lower than the SC. 🤷

Retired

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Hybrid, 2012 focus
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Panic braking in the Mav is a little grabby, but really, I am in ECO mode most of the time, and I use my brakes so little it's crazy.
Doing 60 on a two lane road, and if it gets a little twisty with some "30 mph" corners (according to the yellow signs), just let off the gas for a few seconds, you slow down to 45 or 50, and then take those corners, with no problem.
I am in the habit of using my cruise, and if I come to a slow corner, I pause the cruise with the "X", and then as I'm coming out of the corner hit the "RES" button to resume... no brakes needed at all.

The grab happens at slow speed braking, if you come to a complete stop, it jolts you some times. Better not have your wine bottles sitting on the back seat 'cause they'll be on the floor!

100% love the Maverick.
I'm posting a poll.

snowcatxx87

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1290SDR EVO / Tiger 900RP / 300cc Grom / Surron
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
IMO - a lot of this satisfaction comes from having the utility of the truck bed. Man I love it. bicycles, ebikes, motorcycles, house stuff - soil, plants, couch. I've never realized how much I need a bed!

- Super satisfied mav owner, except for the brakes, 12v charging problems, no cabin lights, no bed lights etc.

Grabber Rick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Focus wagon 06 Silverado 4x4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I don't get it, the EB can't be that much lower on the list. Certainly not lower than the SC. 🤷
The poll lists f-15
The poll is listing F-150 PowerBoost not the Maverick Ecoboost.

blackb13

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
...According to the survey, the Maverick scored such a high satisfaction level for its excellent fuel economy, quiet and smooth operation, refined ride quality, secure handling, visibility, maneuverability, easy-to-use controls, safety features.
Excellent fuel economy? Check

Quiet and smooth operation? Uhh, no. Grabby brakes and quite possibly the worst engine sound out of any N/A vehicle I've ever heard.

Refined ride quality? I almost spit out my coffee. Compared to the others on this list, the Maverick hybrid is the equivalent to a cement mixer. I've been in caged race cars that have better ride quality.

The rest checks out...except that CP360 is a complete waste of money since it doesn't give an audible warning for blindspots.

Sponsored

Cad

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Ford Expedition
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Excellent fuel economy? Check

Quiet and smooth operation? Uhh, no. Grabby brakes and quite possibly the worst engine sound out of any N/A vehicle I've ever heard.

Refined ride quality? I almost spit out my coffee. Compared to the others on this list, the Maverick hybrid is the equivalent to a cement mixer. I've been in caged race cars that have better ride quality.

The rest checks out...except that CP360 is a complete waste of money since it doesn't give an audible warning for blindspots.
my 22 hybrid has less road noise and less engine noise than our 22 outback limited.

grabby breaks were fixed on mine with the update. No issues since

Ride quality, it’s a 20k truck, definitely better than my 08 ranger and damn near smooth as the 22 Outback. This is driving thru mississippi roads, Louisiana roads and driving in New Orleans, the pothole capital. That ranger suspension was a beat down.

it’s a 20k truck with the same suspension when topped out at lariat trim. The copilot 360 was a great addition for my, gave me remote side mirrors and helped not run over a person walking when I back out a parking spot in between 2 vans.

So to each their own.

dalola

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sunsetridgecabinhockinghills.com
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My thoughts as well....no way the EB Mav is much different than the hybrid, as far as owner satisfaction.

I wonder if CR just combined all Mav's, then listed it as hybrid? CR always does things a bit wonky, IMO.

mcc63303

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sold 22 Hybrid XL now 24 Hybrid XL, 57 Chevy 454ci
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So happy with mine I ordered a 2023 Hybrid XL, will decide which one to keep if I get the 2023.

modified from original by the following:
cruise control switches and programming using Forscan
changing the manual tail gate lock to factory electric
installing storage "cubbies" on both sides of the bed
Installed "spider" wheel covers
soft roll up tonneau cover
FoMoCo Bed mat
FoMoCo all weather "Maverick" floor mats
FoMoCo mud flaps
Ford Maverick Maverick Hybrid is most SATISFYING new pickup truck according to Consumer Reports survey of owners IMG_2891.JPG

Factory O.E
Copilot 360
Spray in bed liner
Trailer Hitch

NextTruck

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JeepGC Overland, 2010 Tahoe
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

100% love the Maverick.
Some of use will have to simply take your word for it.

Montevilla

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cactus Gray Maverick XL Hybrid w/moonroof
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Grabber Rick said:
The poll is listing F-150 PowerBoost not the Maverick Ecoboost.​
Yeah thanks, I can read. 🙄 FYI, I meant lower than sixth place.
Sponsored

Last edited: