Sponsored

Maverick Hybrid is inherently flawed (but I still love it)

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Remeber that a Plug in hybrid Mavrick with a second battery has been spotted being tested.
A Maverick with a test box with too blurry resolution to properly discern writing like 'PHEV' or maybe 'FHEV' (Full Hybrid Electric Vehicle, which the regular Hybrid is considered) was spotted. No accounting for number of batteries, etc. If anything an additional battery would be very unusual. I don't know of any that break up the HVB into multiple assemblies.

Ford Maverick Maverick Hybrid is inherently flawed (but I still love it) 1679435049779

I actually wouldn't be surprised if it was just an emissions test mule for the Tremor. Another spotted at that time (early June 2022) touted as a potential 'AWD Hybrid prototype' clearly has what we now can recognize as a camouflaged Tremor lower valence.

Ford Maverick Maverick Hybrid is inherently flawed (but I still love it) 1679435151146
Sponsored

jsus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid AWD 😉
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
A Maverick with a test box with too blurry resolution to properly discern writing like 'PHEV' or maybe 'FHEV' (Full Hybrid Electric Vehicle, which the regular Hybrid is considered) was spotted. No accounting for number of batteries, etc. If anything an additional battery would be very unusual. I don't know of any that break up the HVB into multiple assemblies.

1679435049779.png

I actually wouldn't be surprised if it was just an emissions test mule for the Tremor. Another spotted at that time (early June 2022) touted as a potential 'AWD Hybrid prototype' clearly has what we now can recognize as a camouflaged Tremor lower valence.

1679435151146.png
It's actually very clearly FHEV, especially when you look at the P in P758 directly above it, as well as the other P. The P is very clearly curved while the F has two parallel lines. There's also no obvious sign of the J1772/CCS charging port.

Ford Maverick Maverick Hybrid is inherently flawed (but I still love it) 1679435577516

That one (missed) detail is what led everyone to believe that it was a PHEV mule. That and not knowing that FHEV stands for Full Hybrid Electric Vehicle, which is what Maverick is. Contrast that with a mild hybrid (mHEV) that provides much less electric assist, or a Plug-in Hybrid (PHEV) that has a larger battery and can charge off the grid.

JimParker256

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Area 51 Hybrid FE, 2014 Impala
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

For the guy who said his Maverick ride was really rough: Check your tire pressures. Often the tires are significantly overinflated from the factory / dealers... My ride improved dramatically when I dropped the tire pressure to the psi recommended in the door panel.

GPSMan

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

But why is it a 2.1 Liter?
😉

Last edited:

Sponsored

GPSMan

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I was just being a smartass.

It could also be 2,1 Left.

Or an almost unlimited number of things.

surfstar

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Currently $3000 more from FWD & ICE to AWD & hybrid isn't bad.

Justifiable as one upgrade or the other, and I can walk into a dealer and have a car in a month if not a day, for MSRP. The dealers selling to each other at fantasy prices broke me of wanting one, if I have to deal with these kind of people for service.
Well where I'm at, Rav4 hybrids are marked up $3-4k + add-ons. LE asking price of $40k is nuts. I'll take a $20k Mav hybrid, but that also doesn't exist lol

FWDMav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Frans
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT, 2021 EDGE, 2014 Fiesta ST
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Based on my experiences with my Fusion Hybrid, more electric time at highway speeds, boosting fuel economy. At a constant 65MPH, the Fusion would alternate between gas and electric, coast on electric, and then recharging with surplus power from the gas. It doesn't sound like a lot, but it helps. The Maverick is almost always on gas at those speeds. Even tricking it into electric doesn't help because it can't maintain a speed unless going downhill. The current battery cannot supply enough amperage.
This is my first hybrid vehicle and at constant highway speeds seem like only the ICE is being use.

Anyways this is way way off topic... Egz were you a member of [FJ] from 20 years ago? I recall that there was a person with the same screen name with an S2 ZX3 and then a 2.3 Duratec.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Egz

Egz

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid Lariat, 1967 Fairlady
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yea, that was me. :) (however, it wasn't an S2, just a lowly Zetec ZX3. But the 2.3 was right)

Sponsored

GPSMan

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

My wife has the Venza Hybrid (Rav4 platform).

That CAR gets 50 MPG fwy at 62 MPH all day long.

The Mav TRUCK is more like low 40 MPG.
Sponsored