First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid Xl
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I wish I was getting 47mpg. I am getting 38mpg after 1k miles. Only used for commuting 10 miles from suburbs to downtown.
My commute is primarily highway with about 3 miles of back 2 lane roads. I did notice that the tire PSI was set at 40 when I received mine. I have a light foot generally during my commute( I also leave very early in the morning so no real stop and go )
Sponsored

CSmith

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT FX4, 2020 F150 XLT FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
@Shay, great review, as always! Looking forward to getting mine in November, finally.

I have one question - how has that soft folding tonneau worked for you? I've only put hard folding tonneau on my F-150's but giving serious thought to the soft folding ones this time around on the Mav. I hear stories that they flop like mad and others that they are rock-solid. What is your take?

OP
OP
Shay

Shay

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
@Shay, great review, as always! Looking forward to getting mine in November, finally.

I have one question - how has that soft folding tonneau worked for you? I've only put hard folding tonneau on my F-150's but giving serious thought to the soft folding ones this time around on the Mav. I hear stories that they flop like mad and others that they are rock-solid. What is your take?
This was the brands cheapest option, so a budget choice. There is some buffeting at freeway speed but nothing that's out of control. Seals reasonably well

Maverich

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid Velocity Blue XLT Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I wish I was getting 47mpg. I am getting 38mpg after 1k miles. Only used for commuting 10 miles from suburbs to downtown.
Wow. I'm averaging 43 MPG and I drive a lot of highway, but around town I usually am getting OVER 50 mpg per trip. Are you using ECO mode? Are you using the AC a lot? Driving up a lot of hills? ONLY 38 MPG while driving 10 miles doesn't feel right. Maybe something wrong with the battery?

Maverich

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

I have a soft tonneau on my Mav and fits well. There's a little movement on the highway but it's real secure. a little water does get in some times in bad storms, and the water does collect on it when it rains. But for $300 it was a good deal and I'm happy with how it looks and functions. I have the Truxedo Truxport version.

Sponsored

HTX

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CR-V
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
@Shay Another great video. Any update on the touchy/unpredictable low speed brake issue? I thought you would revisit that?
TIA

Maverich

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My Area 51 Hybrid XL has finally passed the 10,000 mile mark. Here is a video outlining what's the same, what's new and how it's going.

Great video, thanks for the info! Nice graphics, too! I find it is still very fast on the highway in ECO mode. No trouble going over 75 (sometimes going over 75 too easily)

ehauser

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mazda 3, 2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Wow. I'm averaging 43 MPG and I drive a lot of highway, but around town I usually am getting OVER 50 mpg per trip. Are you using ECO mode? Are you using the AC a lot? Driving up a lot of hills? ONLY 38 MPG while driving 10 miles doesn't feel right. Maybe something wrong with the battery?
I tried Eco mode and mileage was even worse. I have the AC on pretty low. Some hills but I feather the gas when I can and try to stay in electric when I can. Don’t go over 50 most of the drive.

OP
OP
Shay

Shay

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
@Shay Another great video. Any update on the touchy/unpredictable low speed brake issue? I thought you would revisit that?
TIA
Working on a separate video just about that, requiring some research and action steps to be thorough.

HTX

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CR-V
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Working on a separate video just about that, requiring some research and action steps to be thorough.
Gotcha. I’ll “stay tuned”. Since I can’t find a hybrid to test drive and can’t even put my order in yet these are sooooo helpful. Thank you!

Sponsored

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tesla MYP & M3RWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Also I just love the throwback graphics.
I might be off here, but I am pretty sure those are not throwback graphics.;)

Good work on the vid.

Area51BS

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My Area 51 Hybrid XL has finally passed the 10,000 mile mark. Here is a video outlining what's the same, what's new and how it's going.

I believe AWD works more often than just when slippage is detected. AWD display shows 50/50 during acceleration.
Spot on with the audio system. Poorly designed.

2cafn8d

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Monica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1992 Jeep Wrangler, 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I might be off here, but I am pretty sure those are not throwback graphics.;)

Good work on the vid.
Well at least similar to the 70s Free Wheeling vehicles in my humble opinion.

Ford Maverick Maverick Hybrid 10K Miles Test Drive Review Update: What’s the Same, What’s New and How It’s Going 1977_ford_f-100_16293109158e8543b60a419aDSCN1492

Ford Maverick Maverick Hybrid 10K Miles Test Drive Review Update: What’s the Same, What’s New and How It’s Going ford_f-100_1978_pictures_1_1600x1200

D Janke

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid Lariat !
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Nice video, thank you!
Glad you explained the reasoning behind the drop in MPG in our Phoenix summer heat.
Makes perfect sense to me now. Was at 46.6 in spring, now 43.5 in summer which still isn't too shabby at all.

ehauser

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mazda 3, 2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Took my first long trip and based on the trip computer I got 42mpg. Funny it’s rated 33 highway and 42 city. But I seem to be getting closer to the opposite.

Ford Maverick Maverick Hybrid 10K Miles Test Drive Review Update: What’s the Same, What’s New and How It’s Going EB7C144F-9CEA-49C7-AFB7-3B6AAC416007
Sponsored