First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 F150 XLT, 21 BS Badlands, 22 Mav Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ordered from Chapman in June, modified my order early July, and did no changes afterwards.

Chapman honored the ORIGINAL invoice pricing minus 4% and I was able to also get the original Ford financing offer (0% for 36 months). Honoring the original deal vs. Ford's December price increase saved me over $1000 (because my order was Lariat + Lux + Sunroof + CP 360).

ETA: I picked up my truck 4/1/22.

I did have a PCO from Ford (expiring 4/4/22) for $750 that I wasn't able to use. The issue (which they showed me) is that if they used the price protection (order date of July), then the PCO didn't show up in Smart Vincent. If they used the sale date (4/1), then the PCO could be used but then no price protection (and no 0% 36 month deal). Given the price diff of > $1000 is more than the $750 route, I went with the price protection date.

For background, my July MSRP price was $32,155. My July Invoice price $31,329 and the Window Sticker (reflecting the Ford price increase) $33,245. My price was $31,329 - 4% = $30,077. (Plus the $422 doc fee and NYS title fee that is not on the dealer).

So I got the truck for $3,168 UNDER sticker, plus the $422 = $2746. I will take it, and I wouldn't call that shady.
Sponsored

WasChops

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz Ltd + Maverick Lariat Hybr
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I believe this email is referencing that Chapman is not honoring Price Protection.
According to this forum Some people have gotten price protection and some have not. Forums are saying that ford will pass price protection to Chapman, but Chapman is passing that to only some customers.
I got away from these Chapman folks at the beginning and it was all based on "principal"... they changed a really small fee from my ORIGINAL quote and I called them out - without any discussion - they cancelled my order. I may get some "push back" from those on here that found this dealer to be legit - and that my complaint was ridiculous... but it appears that the "principal" violation is coming true to form at a larger amount.

WesM

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I got away from these Chapman folks at the beginning and it was all based on "principal"... they changed a really small fee from my ORIGINAL quote and I called them out - without any discussion - they cancelled my order. I may get some "push back" from those on here that found this dealer to be legit - and that my complaint was ridiculous... but it appears that the "principal" violation is coming true to form at a larger amount.
Nope, they are charging exactly what they said they would charge, with the forward notice given on the doc fee increasing. Just a few people who are spouting stories completely different from what I and a number of other forum members, who purchased or are purchasing vehicles from Horsham experienced so far.

I think I remember your post, something like a $15 fee the dealer had no control over and you baulked lol.

I have heard a few forum members (who shall not be named) have been extremely rude to this dealership and their employees and their orders were cut off as a result.

NJBob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 2003 MR2, 2019 Forrester, 1969 Z/28
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Good lord, you people are paranoid.

It's impossible for sales tax to be "overlooked", or tweaked in anyway for that matter. The F&I guy puts the Sold vehicle's final price and the trade's price into the computer and the difference is taxed. State sales tax receipts due are not something that is up to interpretation or manipulation.
Yes that makes sense for sure. I did see another post where the guy was charged more sales tax than he should have. He did not explain how that happened. Maybe they made an error on the stateI I copied the text of the post below.

Thank you! That's what a lot of dealers want, to take as much money as possible! My sale person charged me a 10% sale tax when my state is 6.625% if I wouldn't had looked at the paper more carefully they will had pocketed the extra money. I also realized they added extra charges that came out of nowhere.

Edge Haley

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Edge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PORSCHE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ordered from Chapman in June, modified my order early July, and did no changes afterwards.

Chapman honored the ORIGINAL invoice pricing minus 4% and I was able to also get the original Ford financing offer (0% for 36 months). Honoring the original deal vs. Ford's December price increase saved me over $1000 (because my order was Lariat + Lux + Sunroof + CP 360).

ETA: I picked up my truck 4/1/22.

I did have a PCO from Ford (expiring 4/4/22) for $750 that I wasn't able to use. The issue (which they showed me) is that if they used the price protection (order date of July), then the PCO didn't show up in Smart Vincent. If they used the sale date (4/1), then the PCO could be used but then no price protection (and no 0% 36 month deal). Given the price diff of > $1000 is more than the $750 route, I went with the price protection date.

For background, my July MSRP price was $32,155. My July Invoice price $31,329 and the Window Sticker (reflecting the Ford price increase) $33,245. My price was $31,329 - 4% = $30,077. (Plus the $422 doc fee and NYS title fee that is not on the dealer).

So I got the truck for $3,168 UNDER sticker, plus the $422 = $2746. I will take it, and I wouldn't call that shady.
Same with me...straight up dealings with Chapman. I printed their email quote when ordering, took it with me and no issues except I picked up instead of delivery to a local dealer. MY UNDERSTANDING is some states dictate the ADM fee dealers can charge or max they can charge. Prior to arrival I was quoted an exact out the door price so I could get a certified check for delivery pickup...Zero surprises.

I elected to get my own License, Taxes and Tag when picking up so there was no Tag/License Fee to them but I've never heard of a dealer not having ADM fee and state laws can change those fees. Chapman definitely saved me $2,700 to $3,300 off list price....NOT ONE COMPLAINT. You should get it explained from them instead of going on the attack and not know the facts.

If I buy another Maverick or refer a friend, it will be to Chapman.

Sponsored

JKinPA

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Mountaineer
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

In the e-mail at the bottom, the fine print said they do not honor price protection. The current invoice is what the 4% below will be based on. They will charge me a extra $1000 and probaly take price protection money from FORD too. The
Apparently you know very little about Chapman

JKinPA

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Mountaineer
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Same with me...straight up dealings with Chapman. I printed their email quote when ordering, took it with me and no issues except I picked up instead of delivery to a local dealer. MY UNDERSTANDING is some states dictate the ADM fee dealers can charge or max they can charge. Prior to arrival I was quoted an exact out the door price so I could get a certified check for delivery pickup...Zero surprises.

I elected to get my own License, Taxes and Tag when picking up so there was no Tag/License Fee to them but I've never heard of a dealer not having ADM fee and state laws can change those fees. Chapman definitely saved me $2,700 to $3,300 off list price....NOT ONE COMPLAINT. You should get it explained from them instead of going on the attack and not know the facts.

If I buy another Maverick or refer a friend, it will be to Chapman.
Exactly
I bought there too, excellent experience, so good my son ordered an F-150. Three hour round trip for us but so worth it.
Chapman was fantastic

JKinPA

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Mountaineer
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

All dealers do not charge doc fees.There is no rule or law that says that they have to.
George Coleman Ford in Travelers Rest, SC, my dealer, does not. It is not required. It is just greedy fucking dealers looking to shove more money in their pockets to make their boat payments.
Does your dealer offer 4% under?
Didn’t think so. HE doesn’t need to charge doc fees, he already made more…

Edge Haley

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Edge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PORSCHE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Exactly
I bought there too, excellent experience, so good my son ordered an F-150. Three hour round trip for us but so worth it.
Chapman was fantastic
I flew into Philly, was picked up at Chapman's expense via Uber (40 miles), and drove 788 miles home and would do it again to save $3,000. My price was $7,500 less than what my local Ford dealer 10 miles away quoted me...after they added a tinted side windows, bed liner, etc. off-road tire (things I did for about 1/3 of what they charged). Chapman set up FordPass and Carplay and showed me the basics with an hour walk thru, my local sales rep didn’t even know what CarPlay was.

4% under - Chapman certainly deserved to make a little profit.

Last edited:
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350 Super Duty and Maverick XLT
Document "fees" are just add dealer profit. This bullshit about being sorry for the doc fee increase and implying that there is nothing they can do about it is just that....bullshit. I wouldn't do business with any dealer that has a doc fee. Just like these assholes that charge for nitrogen in the tires...the goddamn vehicles come from the factory with nitrogen in the tires, for god's sake.
This bullshit of adding extra useless crap for added profit is going to culminate in Karma being very busy in the future.
…and the air we breathe is about 78% nitrogen!

Sponsored

tonyinsd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT, Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Good lord, you people are paranoid.

It's impossible for sales tax to be "overlooked", or tweaked in anyway for that matter. The F&I guy puts the Sold vehicle's final price and the trade's price into the computer and the difference is taxed. State sales tax receipts due are not something that is up to interpretation or manipulation.
And you don't get to keep the sales tax anyway. Anything you collect goes to the State. If you screw it up, they'll come after you. Even if it's because you entered a one where it should have been a two in the hundreds column.

Ask me how I know. Actually don't. At least they waived the penalties and interest because it was an honest mistake.

Brian_J

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 R6, HPR Maverick AWD 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just another post to say that Chapman dealt me a solid. I got my truck for exactly what they said it would be with no games. I understood that they had hundreds of people emailing them constantly with questions so I wasn’t pissed if they took a little time to respond. They sent me an Lyft to pick me up at Philly international, didn’t play games in finance, and treated me fairly in general. I would absolutely buy another vehicle like this from them in the future.

TD2

First Name
TD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Just another post to say that Chapman dealt me a solid. I got my truck for exactly what they said it would be with no games. I understood that they had hundreds of people emailing them constantly with questions so I wasn’t pissed if they took a little time to respond. They sent me an Lyft to pick me up at Philly international, didn’t play games in finance, and treated me fairly in general. I would absolutely buy another vehicle like this from them in the future.
Did you get price protection from Chapman. That seems to be one of the isssues buyers are havin

MojoJojo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mav Hybrid XLT
another positive review of mine of Chapman and i utilized their drop ship deals. No issues on my deal and i even got to use $500 farm bureau rebate easy peasy. I knew about their price protection and rebate conflict before the purchase process started, anyhow in my case rebate was more valuable than price protection.

The only thing pending i have for a month now with Chapman is my tag and plate have still not been processed by my local county. I understand out of state work can take a little longer so not too worried about that yet.
Sponsored